Naylor

Alex DeBarr

Worth the effort!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get to write your own paycheck. The environment is very positive-not "dog eat dog" like some sales organizations. You are selling something that is very niche and very branded--there is a demand before you begin your sales pitch. You can earn A LOT of money. Managers seem to be there to help rather than micromanage.

Cons

You are inside all day. You will be faced with rejection constantly.

Make it easier for employees to learn from the best--maybe some contact with those who are handling relationships with the Associations.

Good Experience

Former Employee - Assistant
    Former Employee - Assistant

I worked at Naylor

Pros

-Employees are friendly
    -You feel welcome
    -Supervisor was helpful and supportive
    -Flexible hours
    -Easy to balance with other responsibilities (school)

Cons

-Work can become very repetitive

Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Naylor full-time

Pros

-Great coworkers
    -Management try's to help you, and try's to do the right thing in general
    -Flexible schedule

Cons

-Job can feel very overwhelming at times
    -You will have to stay late/do homework quite often
    -It's a performance driven job. Perform quickly or else

Meh...

I have been working at Naylor

Pros

I worked directly with the VP of my department who was really great when it came to work/life balance and trusting me with new responsibilities.

Cons

Zero growth opportunity. Low pay. Nothing exciting about the work.

If you want to make money - it's there

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Naylor is like a family. Everyone is there to help (for the most part) and there is a lot of support from management and peers to succeed. There are a lot of company benefits and they are always doing something fun for the employees.

Cons

It is fast paced and you have to climb the social ladder to really excel.

Allow equal opportunities for new reps.

Began as a positive experience and completely changed to negative after owner retired!

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Naylor full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good Corporate values and compensation with many motivating contest as well as wonderful co-workers!
    Hours were flex which is convenient for those with other responsibilities such as family, etc.

Cons

Leadership and management had the highest turnover with total inconsistency in every respect.
    Management transitioned to a numbers company vs. employee focused. Became intolerable to simply arrive at work daily due to the stress related to impossible goals with financial loss should you be unable to attain!
    Would never recommend this company to
    ANYONE~

Management needs to remember what the core values as well as ethical employee treatment!

Definitely Short Term

Former Employee - Inside-Sales Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Inside-Sales Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Naylor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work shift, informative training, great work location

Cons

In the interview you're told that some people are making over 6 figures. That's actually true, their are two individuals to 3 individuals that they absolutely cherish and they get all of the old accounts that you worked your butt off to close in your short time working there. Everyone is married to someone there and it's a very weird culture. It's a great place to work to gain some experience and challenge your sales ability. It's also good if you need something to put some cash in your pocket for a while until you find a career focused sales job. The training was good and so are the choice of work hours.

Also, what I hated about my job is I had to take go home to find leads to call after working. You're always researching leads to call. If you don't find your own leads you're screwed and you cannot meet the call volume daily quota.

However, I would not recommend this company if you are seeking something long term and stable. Naylor gets pretty stressful after your first full month and your job is definitely threatened after about 90 days. Also, for me I am not good at selling advertising on a project I don't believe in so it's hard to make your commission. You may get 1 decent project and the rest are projects that the seasoned reps reject. Sometimes you are not given enough projects to make your ever increasing monthly goal.

Don't get sucked in. The staff that's been there for a while are tight knit and are very phony. They care nothing about you. But hey, Naylor seems like they are no different in culture than any other large company out here. No one seems to care anymore.

You've had the opportunity to be blessed with seasoned and new talent. I mean a lot of those people can sell their butts off. Unfortunately none of it matters to you because for some reason people are nothing more than a number. You use them for the miles you can get out of them and you go on to the next and the cycle repeats. I guess that's working for you! Also, you need to set realistic sales goals because people cannot make a living long-term from the base salary.

Good job with opportunity

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Naylor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, a product you can believe in and a job you can be proud of. I am very happy with this company and there is tons of opportunity and room for advancement.

Cons

It's a very complicated job that can feel overwhelming at times, but management is very patient and helpful and genuinely invests themselves in your success.

Keep up the good work, there is a reason this company has been around so long and is an industry leader

Great Expereice

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best things about working at Naylor are the income opportunities and the people.

Cons

Hard work and sometimes confusing to find out how to really be successful.

Constantly try to make sure territory is distributed properly.

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Naylor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great training. Brand new training room built with phone systems, computers and open desks so that Training Manager can give you one on one guidance and feedback. Plus Naylor has Floor Sales Coach and New Hire Training Manager work as a team to help all new reps be successful. Naylor also has a mentor program, where senior - seasoned reps will mentor and advise newer reps. Naylor work culture is about having fun and making money. We know when its time to work and when its time to play. Management have monthly and sometimes weekly sales incentives to keep us motivated and excited about working here. Just read last review from someone that was here less than a month and barely got started - I found their comments insulting. Plenty of industries to work with. Great associations. Naylor gives you plenty of opportunities to succeed, if you put the work into it.

Cons

The only downside for me is that after two years our commission rates go down. Although Naylor does offer incentive programs that offer extra percentages on commission, we shouldn't have to make up lost commission because we were successful and have a longer tenure.

After two years you lower our commission, instead of lowering our commission how about raising it. After two years, you receive a highly trained, motivated, loyal and skilled sales person - appreciate your sales team leaders by raising our earning potential by our tenure - reward the loyal!!!