Naylor Reviews

Good job with opportunity

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Naylor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work life balance, a product you can believe in and a job you can be proud of. I am very happy with this company and there is tons of opportunity and room for advancement.

Cons

It's a very complicated job that can feel overwhelming at times, but management is very patient and helpful and genuinely invests themselves in your success.

Keep up the good work, there is a reason this company has been around so long and is an industry leader

Definitely Short Term

Former Employee - Inside-Sales Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Inside-Sales Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Naylor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible work shift, informative training, great work location

Cons

In the interview you're told that some people are making over 6 figures. That's actually true, their are two individuals to 3 individuals that they absolutely cherish and they get all of the old accounts that you worked your butt off to close in your short time working there. Everyone is married to someone there and it's a very weird culture. It's a great place to work to gain some experience and challenge your sales ability. It's also good if you need something to put some cash in your pocket for a while until you find a career focused sales job. The training was good and so are the choice of work hours.

Also, what I hated about my job is I had to take go home to find leads to call after working. You're always researching leads to call. If you don't find your own leads you're screwed and you cannot meet the call volume daily quota.

However, I would not recommend this company if you are seeking something long term and stable. Naylor gets pretty stressful after your first full month and your job is definitely threatened after about 90 days. Also, for me I am not good at selling advertising on a project I don't believe in so it's hard to make your commission. You may get 1 decent project and the rest are projects that the seasoned reps reject. Sometimes you are not given enough projects to make your ever increasing monthly goal.

Don't get sucked in. The staff that's been there for a while are tight knit and are very phony. They care nothing about you. But hey, Naylor seems like they are no different in culture than any other large company out here. No one seems to care anymore.

You've had the opportunity to be blessed with seasoned and new talent. I mean a lot of those people can sell their butts off. Unfortunately none of it matters to you because for some reason people are nothing more than a number. You use them for the miles you can get out of them and you go on to the next and the cycle repeats. I guess that's working for you! Also, you need to set realistic sales goals because people cannot make a living long-term from the base salary.

Great Expereice

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best things about working at Naylor are the income opportunities and the people.

Cons

Hard work and sometimes confusing to find out how to really be successful.

Constantly try to make sure territory is distributed properly.

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Naylor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great training. Brand new training room built with phone systems, computers and open desks so that Training Manager can give you one on one guidance and feedback. Plus Naylor has Floor Sales Coach and New Hire Training Manager work as a team to help all new reps be successful. Naylor also has a mentor program, where senior - seasoned reps will mentor and advise newer reps. Naylor work culture is about having fun and making money. We know when its time to work and when its time to play. Management have monthly and sometimes weekly sales incentives to keep us motivated and excited about working here. Just read last review from someone that was here less than a month and barely got started - I found their comments insulting. Plenty of industries to work with. Great associations. Naylor gives you plenty of opportunities to succeed, if you put the work into it.

Cons

The only downside for me is that after two years our commission rates go down. Although Naylor does offer incentive programs that offer extra percentages on commission, we shouldn't have to make up lost commission because we were successful and have a longer tenure.

After two years you lower our commission, instead of lowering our commission how about raising it. After two years, you receive a highly trained, motivated, loyal and skilled sales person - appreciate your sales team leaders by raising our earning potential by our tenure - reward the loyal!!!

Limited Marketing Resources

Former Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Naylor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You are in control of some of your earning potential but you should expect to dedicate as much as 10 hours per week generating leads during your first year in the position.

Cons

As a new advertising sales executive, expect to spent a considerable amount of time researching many industries and generating your own leads.

This is a micromanaged phone call sales factory. "Burn them and turn them!" Look for something better that has a future!

I have been working at Naylor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training is very good. There are many co-workers that are very nice hard working people. Nice office building.

Cons

Extremely high turn over. Many are fired if they don't quit first even a year or so into the job. There is no feeling of security in this position because your performance is dependent on the books you are given to work on and that can change at any point. People are started off with books and categories that no one else wants. Everyone is stressed about their future in this position. At the end of every month there is a firing squad. Just about anyone is hired that can dial a phone. Very unprofessional work environment due to lack of quality work history and education level of some of the staff. A considerable amount of fraternizing going on and people in management are married to one another. Sales projects are controlled by these managers and not fairly distributed. All leads to call are generated by yourself looking up lists from on line directories, phone listings, blue book, yellow pages etc. You are expected to do all of this research AND make 60 or more outbound phone calls each and every day ( many voice mails). As for the "work life balance" that is a joke. You can pick a schedule of 7:30-4, 8:30-5 or 9:30-6 but you had better not be late or leave early and your lunch better be 1 hour from 12-1 then back to the phones.You will be docked for the time gone. Pay is a draw for 24 months and is actually broken out hourly so you are paid for a 7.5 hour day even though it's 8.5 hours (not paid for lunch break) but if you work through lunch you can not leave early even though you worked the 7.5 hours you had a draw for. If you stay late a day or work form home lead sourcing, you can't come in late or leave early to compensate. Management walks up and down the isles to assure phone calls are being made and "offer help". Your calls are listened in on without your knowledge and recorded as well. People that do manage to be there for awhile don't want to get to know Newbies (under 1-2 years) because they know they probably won't be there long. The office equipment is old and worn out. Almost all of the chairs that are to be sat in for 8+ hours are broken and very uncomfortable. The Computers are slow and the keyboards are very dated as well. There many employees who are young, very immature, unprofessional and behave poorly. It is very difficult to work under these types of circumstances. Most everything written in these reviews below is true however the CEO will disapprove of each and every one of them including this one.

Wake up... smell the roses... clean house! Disapproving of the truth does not fix your problems in the Alpharetta, GA office.People that are posting on here are telling it as it is whether you like it or not. Hard core good business practices is what is needed. Hire good people, set reasonable expectations, don't tolerate childish behavior and sales managers married to one another. Set your management up to be unbiased and not so in it for themselves.

80% turnover every year

I have been working at Naylor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good training for first job, get your experience and then move on.

Cons

They have a full-time HR person in this little office just to keep the churn of sales reps going. All sales jobs have turnover, but ask yourself, why 80% here? People leave when they figure out there is no future or when they get let go for not dialing the phone enough times per day...no time to think, no time to strategize, just get those call numbers in so the company can prove to their associations that they are making a lot of calls. . Everyone I asked, including the few long timers, admitted to dialing bogus numbers just to meet the call quota. Speaking of long timers...they managed to stick it out long enough to accrue accounts from all the short timers. Nonetheless, why would they stay in a job where their commission percentages get cut the longer they stay? Never mind no paid vacation. And when you do take vacation, your quotas remain the same so you have to work like heck when you return just to keep even. Unless you're desperate or just starting out, avoid this place and find a company that appreciates, rewards and grows their people.

Very simple, put yourselves in the chairs of the employees and make this a job you'd be proud to offer. As of now, it's nothing but a stepping stone.

Alpharetta-Sales Rep

Former Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Advertising Sales Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Naylor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people to work with, lots of training

Cons

Very political and unfair in relation to who gets good territory. This can make the difference in how much you will succeed.

Give everyone a fair chance to be successful

I have had a really good experience working at Naylor.

Current Employee - Marketing Account Specialist in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Account Specialist in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Naylor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The opportunity to move up in the company is really good. They always look to promote from within when possible and you certainly won't be prevent from moving up if that is what you want to do. There is a great atmosphere here and even though it can be a high-stress environment, due to all the work that needs to be done, I have never felt unappreciated or unvalued.

Cons

The compensation seems to be a bit less than average for a similar position, but that has more to do with being in Gainesville than anything else. Being a sales focused company it is a high-stress environment.

Improvements in technology are sorely needed, but they seem to understand that and are planning extensive changes.

If you have any self respect, find something better.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Naylor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice co-workers...while they last. Flexible shifts.

Cons

80% turnover...why? Micromanagement, unfair distribution of projects, low pay compared to industry, minimal benefits, no paid vacation. Top management has no interest other than looking good and making the company look good to prospective buyers. If this is your first job it might be helpful. Otherwise, there is no future here, move on to something better.

Put yourself in the shoes of your employees, insist on fairness, stop dating and fraternizing. Young, inexperienced managers, get some training working with people. Do not make comments like, "You're too overweight to be promoted to an outside position," or "Are you on medications?"