Nebraska Furniture Mart

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Irv Blumkin

Awesome company and people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsGreat managers who certainly know how to look after their people. Coworkers are awesome and always willing to lend a hand. Great process as far a operations go.

ConsTo much politics in upper management. Outdated tech which consumes hours of work.

Best place to work at in Omaha, Hands down

Software Support Specialist (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsBeOne- Everyone knows that NFM is a family owned business but what they most people do not know is that "the family" behind the business is not only the Blumkins. The family behind the business is composed of each and every employee and their families. Few people understand the concept of BeOne and what it means to be a family. If you want a taste of what it means to be surrounded by the best people in this community, get a job at NFM.

ConsIt is a retail store and with retail comes issues that cannot be avoided. This is not a con, it is an opportunity for NFM to show customers what we are made of from the inside out.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep doing the great job and keep growing :-)

A very rewarding experience.

Cashier (Former Employee) Kansas City, KS

ProsThe coworkers are very nice and helpful.

ConsBeing the new person was really tough when you had to deal with hateful customers on a weekend.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great expsoure and fun environment

Marketing (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsKeep employees in the loop on things, get to be invovled in many aspects of the company. The discount was nice on furniture too!

ConsSomeone limiting as far as growth potential and salary. I left due to lack of opportunity to get more money and the retail business is a different animal.

Buyer

ProsThis company is full of great opportunities.

ConsThe pay could be better.

Best practice

Analyst (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsThey treat you like they would want to be treated. Very good company to work for

ConsNothing that i know of unless you are not doing your job of course

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great job

Wonderful place to start a career!

Customer Care Operations Manager (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsStrong family focus, customers always come first, More than half my family works here!! Great benefits and always doing constant reviews to make sure they are competitive. Also the employee discount is one of the best among the competition!

ConsEasy to spend your paycheck on items from here, large campus to walk, only one food court place to choose from although its Subway so its not to bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you carry your culture into your new Texas destination!

Found My Career and Loving IT!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsI have currently worked at NFM for 9.5 years. I have held 4 different positions (yes we promote within) and have been challenged in all of them. I have amazing benefits (we have chosen NFM's over my spouses due to better coverage and lower cost). I get three weeks a year in vacation. I am trusted to work on my own. My manager is great with feedback and presenting new opportunities. I have AMAZING coworkers - they are the best and I enjoy seeing them each work day. I get a call on my birthday and anniversary from Ron - there are not many CEO's who do that for every employee (we have over 2000). I started as a lead cashier in 2003, finished my degree and have found a great place to continue growing my career!

ConsWe are a retail location so the work never stops (we have staff here from 4 am until 10:30 pm). It is great to be needed :)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on with the personal touches. It is nice to work for a company that cares about you. You give managers the opportunity to build relationships with their teams so they can push them to the next level or prep them for the next position.

Best Job I have ever had!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsI have been with the Mart since 2003 (currently 9 years) and have had several positions in different departments. The companies culture remains consistent throughout every department I have worked in. The Mart treats their staff amazing well, and even though it's size is close to 3,000 employees, still has a very "family" atmosphere.

ConsReally can not think of any at this time. Treats staff well, is incredibly customer focused (one reason for success), and has high ethical standards.

Great company to work for!

Salesperson (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsThe company wants to see you succeed as well as your manager. They will do what it takes to help you to succeed.

ConsI can't think of anything that is bad about working there.

Worked for Nebraska Furniture Mart? Contribute to the Community!