Nebraska Furniture Mart Reviews

Great company

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, good group of people to work with and work for. Advancement opportunities if interested. Enjoyed working for company.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons. They are flexible with your personal life happenings and gave enough lead way for you to be human. They had incentives to excel in your position and within the company.

Loved the management I worked for and with.

Awesome company and people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart

Pros

Great managers who certainly know how to look after their people. Coworkers are awesome and always willing to lend a hand. Great process as far a operations go.

Cons

To much politics in upper management. Outdated tech which consumes hours of work.

Best place to work at in Omaha, Hands down

Current Employee - Software Support Specialist  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Software Support Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

BeOne- Everyone knows that NFM is a family owned business but what they most people do not know is that "the family" behind the business is not only the Blumkins. The family behind the business is composed of each and every employee and their families. Few people understand the concept of BeOne and what it means to be a family. If you want a taste of what it means to be surrounded by the best people in this community, get a job at NFM.

Cons

It is a retail store and with retail comes issues that cannot be avoided. This is not a con, it is an opportunity for NFM to show customers what we are made of from the inside out.

Just keep doing the great job and keep growing :-)

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A very rewarding experience.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Cashier in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Nebraska Furniture Mart part-time for less than a year

Pros

The coworkers are very nice and helpful.

Cons

Being the new person was really tough when you had to deal with hateful customers on a weekend.

Great expsoure and fun environment

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Marketing in Omaha, NE

I worked at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Keep employees in the loop on things, get to be invovled in many aspects of the company. The discount was nice on furniture too!

Cons

Someone limiting as far as growth potential and salary. I left due to lack of opportunity to get more money and the retail business is a different animal.

Buyer

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time

Pros

This company is full of great opportunities.

Cons

The pay could be better.

Best practice

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They treat you like they would want to be treated. Very good company to work for

Cons

Nothing that i know of unless you are not doing your job of course

Keep up the great job

Wonderful place to start a career!

Current Employee - Customer Care Operations Manager  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Customer Care Operations Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Strong family focus, customers always come first, More than half my family works here!! Great benefits and always doing constant reviews to make sure they are competitive. Also the employee discount is one of the best among the competition!

Cons

Easy to spend your paycheck on items from here, large campus to walk, only one food court place to choose from although its Subway so its not to bad.

Make sure you carry your culture into your new Texas destination!

Found My Career and Loving IT!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have currently worked at NFM for 9.5 years. I have held 4 different positions (yes we promote within) and have been challenged in all of them. I have amazing benefits (we have chosen NFM's over my spouses due to better coverage and lower cost). I get three weeks a year in vacation. I am trusted to work on my own. My manager is great with feedback and presenting new opportunities. I have AMAZING coworkers - they are the best and I enjoy seeing them each work day. I get a call on my birthday and anniversary from Ron - there are not many CEO's who do that for every employee (we have over 2000). I started as a lead cashier in 2003, finished my degree and have found a great place to continue growing my career!

Cons

We are a retail location so the work never stops (we have staff here from 4 am until 10:30 pm). It is great to be needed :)

Keep on with the personal touches. It is nice to work for a company that cares about you. You give managers the opportunity to build relationships with their teams so they can push them to the next level or prep them for the next position.

Best Job I have ever had!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been with the Mart since 2003 (currently 9 years) and have had several positions in different departments. The companies culture remains consistent throughout every department I have worked in. The Mart treats their staff amazing well, and even though it's size is close to 3,000 employees, still has a very "family" atmosphere.

Cons

Really can not think of any at this time. Treats staff well, is incredibly customer focused (one reason for success), and has high ethical standards.

Worked for Nebraska Furniture Mart? Contribute to the Community!