Nebraska Medical Center

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Glenn A. Fosdick

Fantastic company, dedicated to patient care

Patient Registrar (Current Employee)

I have been working at Nebraska Medical Center full-time for more than a year

ProsProffesion environment, Senior management swift and proactive, well respected in the community, culture of self improvement

ConsLong hours, benefits are middle of the road, management tends to "helicopter" over you looking for feedback or metrics in places that are not problem areas, the worst parking situation I've experienced in my life

Very disappointing job experience

I have been working at Nebraska Medical Center full-time for more than a year

ProsAcademic medical center - keeps hospital management on its toes.

ConsPolitics at the management level is terrible. HR team is a group of catty women who back stab one another and spread rumors about physicians and employees - they are a joke! Hope the new CEO cleans house! We are always two steps behind our competition, but management thinks we are the best in Nebraska. Arrogance is hurting this organization's reputation.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will continue to lose market share due to your arrogance and inability to make decisions. Announcing that we are going to a 24/7 trauma center in the media without telling Alegent/Creighton showed your true colors to this community. Employees are embarrassed of this leadership team and looking for any opportunity to go to Methodist, Alegent/Creighton, or to a private practice clinic.

It's been a good place to work.

I have been working at Nebraska Medical Center full-time

ProsGreat place to cover a wide spectrum of stuff. Not stuck doing one thing or managing one type of system. You can get your hands in things like storage, systems, different OS's, etc. Ability to get training has been no problem and have gotten lots of it.

ConsNone really to speak of other than people who grumble that it's a terrible place.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Feel Great at the End of the Day

I have been working at Nebraska Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe mission statement is focused around the patients served. There really is a culture of caring for the patient and even their families. The doctors are genuine and I believe that it is more than just a business. As health care changes, more and more academic and private physicians are reaching out to each other to collaborate. I think the nursing staff enjoys having a variety of patient populations to care for.

ConsIt takes forever to make any sort of significant change. There are a lot of cogs in the machine. I can't tell if that is due to the fact that the organization is too big or if they are just adverse to change and progressive thinking.

Advice to Senior ManagementCoach up. I don't think there is enough leadership that focuses on developing the staff under them.

Currently a full-time student...working part-time

Pharmacist Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Nebraska Medical Center part-time for more than 3 years

ProsI believe they really care about their employees. There is an employee recognition program to recognize people who you feel have been going above and beyond. Holiday parties are always great to attend, as well as gifts for every employee at christmas time.

ConsI think sometimes, big government, gets in the way of how the departments operate. Managers who don't even work in the department are changing things; however, they don't even know it works and should be getting more info from the people who are there every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think NMC is doing a great of continuing to be profitable in this economy and changing of times in healthcare.

Outside of the clinical areas politics keep progress from happening

Programmer Analyst III (Current Employee)

ProsStrong Salaries for the area

ConsToo many roadblocks to getting things done

Working at The Nebraska Medical Center

I have been working at Nebraska Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat work environment! This move very face paced and get done quick and efficiently.

ConsI do not have much to to say in the way of cons other than on occasion things tend to go a little bit slower and the hospital is understaffed.

meh...

I have been working at Nebraska Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe company as a whole is good to work for. They recognize employees, give tuition reimbursement, and have decent benefits.

ConsThe department I work in is a joke. The manager doesn't respond to emails, nothing ever changes, and nobody cares.

Good job, but we can do better

I have been working at Nebraska Medical Center

ProsThe rewards you get from impoving patients lives, you really do feel like you get to make a difference in the lives of the patients you care for.

ConsLack of employee knowledge about programs out there to recognize other employees for work that goes above and beyond. Some difficulty it getting scheduling accomplished.

Advice to Senior ManagementImproved methods to track your clock hours as well as the differentials that come with them. Better ways for employees to make suggestions for improvements to system and processes used

meets its mission statement

Human Resources (Current Employee)

I have been working at Nebraska Medical Center

Prosserious medicine, extraordinary care is the mission, and we are moving closer to achieving it every day. We have an internationally acclaimed transplant program, US News and World report rated us in the top 50 hospitals for cancer and brain medicine, most doctors in NE are trained in our medical school. If you have a broken leg, you can go somewhere else to get treated, if your doctor has given up or doesn't know what to do, he or she should send you here. Employees rate thier satisfaction as 89.5%. Not bad for a non-profit in the poor part of town.

Conschange occurrs slowly with so many bosses and approvals in the University system

Advice to Senior Managementhold leadership accountable for outcomes

Worked for Nebraska Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nebraska Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nebraska Medical Center CEO Glenn A. Fosdick. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Nebraska Medical Center employees.