Nebraska Medical Center

Be The First To
Add Photos

Glenn A. Fosdick

Wonderful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosatmosphere
    colleagues
    benefits
    technology
    fairness

gossip
    turnover
    cubicles
    unseen managers
    lack of collegiality between hospitals and colleges
    formal dress code

Great learning opportunities

Patient Care Technician (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsAdvanced evolution in care, personal growth, reputation

ConsPoor management and lack of support of ancillary staff, benefits, consistently fail to fulfill promise, minimal value of tenured employees.

Going down hill fast.

Surgery Nurse (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsWe take care of very sick patients; which means we also do very special surgeries and treatments that you can only receive at NMC. Transplants, cancer treatment and reconstructive surgery and several more unique experiences.

ConsStaff is extremely under paid and over worked. Staff that have worked for company several years make the same as a new hire grad. They don't appreciate employees who have stayed with company. Benefits are horrible and the only employer in omaha where you must pay to park in their lot. Lowest price is $23 a month and it's almost a mile away from hospital entrance.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't tell us to live with in out means when you're out driving around in BMWs and have vacation homes; while we haven't had a raise in over a year.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic company, dedicated to patient care

Patient Registrar (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsProffesion environment, Senior management swift and proactive, well respected in the community, culture of self improvement

ConsLong hours, benefits are middle of the road, management tends to "helicopter" over you looking for feedback or metrics in places that are not problem areas, the worst parking situation I've experienced in my life

Very disappointing job experience

ProsAcademic medical center - keeps hospital management on its toes.

ConsPolitics at the management level is terrible. HR team is a group of catty women who back stab one another and spread rumors about physicians and employees - they are a joke! Hope the new CEO cleans house! We are always two steps behind our competition, but management thinks we are the best in Nebraska. Arrogance is hurting this organization's reputation.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will continue to lose market share due to your arrogance and inability to make decisions. Announcing that we are going to a 24/7 trauma center in the media without telling Alegent/Creighton showed your true colors to this community. Employees are embarrassed of this leadership team and looking for any opportunity to go to Methodist, Alegent/Creighton, or to a private practice clinic.

It's been a good place to work.

Omaha, NE

ProsGreat place to cover a wide spectrum of stuff. Not stuck doing one thing or managing one type of system. You can get your hands in things like storage, systems, different OS's, etc. Ability to get training has been no problem and have gotten lots of it.

ConsNone really to speak of other than people who grumble that it's a terrible place.

Feel Great at the End of the Day

Omaha, NE

ProsThe mission statement is focused around the patients served. There really is a culture of caring for the patient and even their families. The doctors are genuine and I believe that it is more than just a business. As health care changes, more and more academic and private physicians are reaching out to each other to collaborate. I think the nursing staff enjoys having a variety of patient populations to care for.

ConsIt takes forever to make any sort of significant change. There are a lot of cogs in the machine. I can't tell if that is due to the fact that the organization is too big or if they are just adverse to change and progressive thinking.

Advice to Senior ManagementCoach up. I don't think there is enough leadership that focuses on developing the staff under them.

Currently a full-time student...working part-time

Pharmacist Intern (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsI believe they really care about their employees. There is an employee recognition program to recognize people who you feel have been going above and beyond. Holiday parties are always great to attend, as well as gifts for every employee at christmas time.

ConsI think sometimes, big government, gets in the way of how the departments operate. Managers who don't even work in the department are changing things; however, they don't even know it works and should be getting more info from the people who are there every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think NMC is doing a great of continuing to be profitable in this economy and changing of times in healthcare.

Working at The Nebraska Medical Center

Omaha, NE

ProsGreat work environment! This move very face paced and get done quick and efficiently.

ConsI do not have much to to say in the way of cons other than on occasion things tend to go a little bit slower and the hospital is understaffed.

meh...

Omaha, NE

ProsThe company as a whole is good to work for. They recognize employees, give tuition reimbursement, and have decent benefits.

ConsThe department I work in is a joke. The manager doesn't respond to emails, nothing ever changes, and nobody cares.

Worked for Nebraska Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nebraska Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nebraska Medical Center CEO Glenn A. Fosdick. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Nebraska Medical Center employees.