Neff Rental Reviews

Updated September 2, 2014
Updated September 2, 2014
3.9

Graham Hood

Supportive team in a demanding, but highly profitable industry poised for growth

I have been working at Neff Rental full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Smaller national company with the visiblity to showcase one's talent and advance quickly if you're willing to commit. Team atmosphere with encouraging, support staff that will give you the tools to advance. If you have good, original ideas you will be heard and have an opportunity to contribute if you're a new sales coordinator or a 20 year veteran. In an industry where training is lacking, Neff Rental does the best it can with the resources at their disposal to take an inexperienced recent graduate or a young professional with no heavy equipment background and make them industry experts.

Cons

Smaller footprint makes it difficult to compete with the larger national companies, however at the same time the David vs Goliath ethos permeates through the company and is also a great strength. Very conservative approach to expansion and with the industry as a whole on an uptick, Neff should do more to take advantage while the companies are highly profitable.

Improve benefits package to include tuition reimbursement, paternity leave, more time off and company matching donations to charitable organizations to compete with companies outside the equipment rental industry for talented recruits. Create strategy to be in at least every top-100 market in the U.S.

Very fast paced company with rapid career advancement opportunities.

I have been working at Neff Rental full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Neff asks a lot from its employees, however, they give a lot back in return. Strong sense of team within the entire organization.

Cons

Tough to compete against some of the larger companies due to our limited number of locations, however, Neff succeeds in using this to their advantage many times. No one wants to be a "number"...

The company needs to continue its aggressive growth cycle that it has been in to widen our footprint of stores.

Family

Current Employee - Driver  in  Eastern View, VA
    Current Employee - Driver in Eastern View, VA

I have been working at Neff Rental for more than 3 years

Pros

The staff is awesome and very family oriented.

Cons

we are the lowest paid rental company in the area.

Try to be more competitive with other companys when it comes to pay.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Long hours, little pay

Former Employee - Sales Coordinator
    Former Employee - Sales Coordinator

I worked at Neff Rental full-time for less than a year

Pros

Possible to move to outside sales, especially if the position opens up in a territory associated with your branch.
    Get to drive equipment on the yard.

Cons

Pay is very low to the amount of hours you work.
    Commission was not as much as promised.
    Anything over 40 hours is "chinese overtime" so they don't mind working you long hours at all since it is not costing them much money.
    Thankless job, drivers end up hating your guts because they are overworked which they think is your fault.
    Have to be "on call" for some weekends. Really hinders work-life balance.
    Micromanaging is as bad as all reviewers are saying.
    Will make you lie to customers just to keep them on the hook. Even if we didn't have the equipment we told them we did. Sometimes we are able to scramble to deliver but lots of times coordinators are forced to let customer know at last minute we won't be able to deliver. We are ones who had to lie and take the heat for something we would have rather been upfront about.
    Have to wait a full year just to get one week vacation.
    You will burn out on this job, pray for a promotion or use this job as a stepping stone to something else.

Stop treating people like machines. If you overwork them with no praise they will break down just like your equipment. If you do want them to work long hours compensate them better. I left because the schedule was horrible and calculated what I was making in dollars per hour. I was ashamed of what that calculation was.

Soon to be former field tech

Current Employee - Road Mechanic  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Road Mechanic in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Neff Rental full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team work is great here as far as service to rental.

Cons

Really bad service manager. Old equipment. Unrealistic expectations.

Stop polishing turds

Sales Coordinator

I have been working at Neff Rental full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training. Great opportunity for promotions. Great company to work for... They treat you like a person not a number like you may get at larger companies. Everyone, on all levels, works as a team to get the job done.

Cons

Long hours. High amount of responsibility starting off. Can be a high stress position.

Share responsibility of dispatch with drivers as a lot of coordinators are transplants who are not familiar with area.

Career! Career! Career!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Neff Rental full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent Training with management that really cares. If you work hard, have a good head on your shoulders you can definitely move up the ladder. Big company that still has a small company feel.

Cons

Neff's model sometimes makes it difficult to compete with the "Big Boys" in certain markets. This is not necessarily a con because Neff functions the way the do for a reason. Their process seems to be working on a nation wide scale but it is not completely transferrable to every market. Still a great company to work for.

Give us a better vacation policy!

"WE CARE MORE" is a joke

I have been working at Neff Rental full-time

Pros

It's a paycheck but not a great one, good co-workers

Cons

Poor management, extremely micro-managed, more concerned with the way things look on paper than anything else, most everyone in corporate office can't answer any questions and constantly loses paperwork, rude upper management that is disconnected from real problems that occur

Treat ALL employees the same, hire decent managers and quit micromanaging employees. Believe it or not, most employees are capable of doing things on their own without constant supervision and having to log every little thing so it can be double checked. Treat them like they aren't 5 years old.

If you enjoy being micro managed this is the place.

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator

I have been working at Neff Rental full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is approachable and they do give benefits. Easy to get along with fellow employees.

Cons

Hours are long. Do not get real overtime. There is no clear cut way to advance. Hard work at the coordinator level is not recognized.

Have yearly reviews with employees

good company

I worked at Neff Rental

Pros

They pay well and give you excellent benefits. There is a lot of freedom to get the job done in the way you see fit. Lots of resources at your disposal to get the job done efficiently and correctly.

Cons

They expect an awful lot from their employees. Long hours, few days off, not all holidays off and little flexibility to take time off for family issues

Worked for Neff Rental? Contribute to the Community!