Neighbor to Family

Updated Apr 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gordon Johnson

I enjooyed working at neighbor to family, there was a lot of team work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNeighbor to family is a loving and caring place for sibllings. Keeping familys together is there model, everyone work as a team to get the job done. It feels like one big family.

ConsThe only thing that I find to be a problem is, payroll we get payed onces a month.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think at some point and time we should consister paying for the level of care.

Inappropriate practices of children and employees

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Augusta, GA

ProsMr. Johnson, NTF CEO, brought to life a vision and necessary platform for our society's social environment! Keeping sibling groups together is an unparalleled conception.

ConsManagement abuses authority, documentation and licensing of Professional Foster Care Givers is not held to required accredidation. The disparity between employees (internal), DFCS (social service agencies), children placed in the agencies care, and external employees (Foster Care Givers) is so vast, incongruous and illicit, downfall is inevitable.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure ALL employees have access to necessary training as well as team-building. Follow up on grievances and input contingency plans if available. Follow-up with children's, families, staff, and supporting agency's grievances. Incorporate grants, funding to all county NTF locations. Allow outcome measures from all acredidation falculties to be a source for imporvement and recognition.

Not a good agency

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proskeeping siblings together that have been traumatized is always a pro

Consmanagement, clicks, no real concern for foster children or foster parents. Really cold environment

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit and let someone else run the place

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Could be more productive & professional if only ...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA few committed staff and working with families, children and getting to see that siblings are together. Some flexible hours

ConsBias leadership and poor management, favoritism and unprofessional workplace with few truly working on behalf of the mission. Everyday is hectic and unorganized with people doing others jobs as some are incompetent

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to staff, offer room for suggestion and follow-up on reviews of performance and satisfaction

Rewarding but stressful.

Low Level Employee (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsYou get to help kids in foster care; very rewarding

ConsOnly one person makes all the decisions regarding what happens with the "mom and pop shop"....A new way of leadership is needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop repeating past mistakes

Worked for Neighbor to Family? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neighbor to Family reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Neighbor to Family CEO Gordon Johnson. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Neighbor to Family employees.