Neiman Marcus

Neiman Marcus Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Neiman Marcus President, CEO, and Director Karen W. Katz

Karen W. Katz

Pros
  • Discount at Neimans, along with an amazing employee discount sale (up to 60 percent off)(in 26 reviews)

• good discount on many items in store(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management treats contractors like they are throw aways(in 16 reviews)

• Older sales associates are very stubborn to work with(in 15 reviews)

glorified sweat shop longview tx

A Real Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) Longview, TX

ProsI like the people I work with ( not management)

Consthis is by far the worst job ive ever had. pay is only 8.50 per hour and there is no production pay what so ever if there is it goes in the management pockets. this is the lowest paying warehouse in the area. we are lied to almost everyday. management treat u like an animal and expected u to work like mule. management get upset when things arent moving fast and complains because they need there bonus check. there always flaunting the amount of money the company making in our face and the dont want to give but like 15 cent raises per year. they are a racist company and if u go to hr about it they will just blow u off and make u look like the bad guy. there is no fixing any problems with hr because they dont care what u have to say and will ignore u as if ur not even there. I believe every single positive review on this site about neiman marcus NSC longview texas is a lie written br HR and management to make them selves look good... there is absolutely no advancing within this company. WORST COMPANY EVER DO NOT WORK FOR THE NATIONAL SERVICE CENTER LONGVIEW TX UNLESS U LIKE BEING POOR BECUASE THATS WHAT THEY WANT.

management are some of the dumbest people ive ever met in my life all they care about is working us like mules so they can get there bonus

Advice to Senior Managementpay more and better raise and stop treating people like animals. compansate the people that have been there for years

Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLovely environment, friendly atmosphere, meeting most unusual customers!

ConsI was full time and missing many, many Holidays, but that is retail full time!

Pleasant.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsAble to pick your work hours
    Co-workers were amazing
    Fun environment
    Nice discounts/perks
    Very easy-going environment overall

ConsWorking on a commission/draw salary
    While flexible with picking hours, days off could be difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementProduct Specialists having personal sales goals takes away from associates. Specialists have stable pay that does not rely on sales.
    Adjust sales goals realistic to store traffic.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible customer service and return policy

Officer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsNeiman Marcus has a attractive website and a clearly arrangement.
    They have a great discount on some products also.

ConsThey do not do as they said. They keep a terrible customer service and return policy

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining your employees and improve return policy

Dissatisfied with their services

N/A (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat Peoples, Place, Products. They have set up a very awesome place for window shopping,

ConsBad shipping, most of products are damaged. Prices are really so much high.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease make your services perfect

Money And Nice Customers Are The Only Reasons To Stay

Sales Associate (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsGreat loyal customers, great product and good money to be made. Nice discount.

ConsThe worst excuse for a management team. No follow through on anything. They only care about the sales but don't support you to in any way. The store looks old and tired. Spend some money to make customers feel like it's a luxury store. Make over is beyond overdue.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some new department managers in your building. You are being fooled by them, they speak to SA's with no respect. It's disgusting and no one feels comfortable going to you or HR. It's a closed door policy. Celebrate your SA's success instead of knocking them down. HR should pay for snow days your average rate not your draw. Don't be cheap, it makes us feel that you don't care about us. It's confirmed, you don't.

OLD SCHOOL… no room for new talent or ideas

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe discount, helping people is fun, 30/30 is amazing, half of your coworkers are great people!

ConsThey let real talent slip between their finger tips. Good luck moving up at NM!

Decent Pay, Poor management

Customer Care Associate (Current Employee)

ProsDecent pay and benefits especially being a college student. Pretty flexible.

ConsNo consistency, constant and unnecessary team manager changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more understanding when it comes to your internal customers aka your employees.

Excellent environment

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Northbrook, IL

ProsGreat co-workers and very professional arena, enjoy customer interaction and clientele. Look forward to expanding my horizons.

ConsLearn at my own speed, like more availability to information sources with direction. More structured training not just what has to protect employer.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining

Excellent company, benefits, salary, customers, & hours

Selling Specialist (Former Employee) Frontenac, MO

ProsYou can be as successful as you put your mind to and make a good living

ConsBeware of long-term associates that have become "Neiman-nized", which is snooty, vindictive, & full of greed

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's more than just the bottom dollar! Focus on creating an overall enforcement of integrity expected by all with NO exceptions to the rule. I was terminated after several attempts by 2 human resource persons who became highly intrigued to obtain information about me personally; i.e a man that I was dating. He was very successful, affluent, & very soon began to enhance my lifestyle. These women became very jealous because I now wore nice David Yurman, Chanel, & more. I was happier in my job there, performed beyond my goals as I'd always had, but now even more. No matter what, I was a target as my peers would check my register behind a big sale i'd rung up, cancel it out, & re-ring it under there #. Reporting it to management never resolved anything, because they felt that I didn't need the money anyway, yet continued to set outrageous goals for me. Ultimately, my now fiancé had purchased a gift card for me for Christmas to shop at Neiman's, & when he purchased he, they just rang it under his name. I waited for 30/30, and began to shop for my cosmetics, and also bought him a jacket for my gift to him. Within days I was escorted to LP, awaiting was the 2 HR girls with huge smiles, as they told me that they had to let me go for theft! I asked what theft & they said they did not have to legally explain the details. I retained an attorney, & also during filing for unemployment they'd mentioned on the recorded call, that they have video of my "theft". Unemployment gave them a timeframe to submit it, but what they got instead was a completely different reason for my termination, which was now "discount abuse"! They ultimately lost the case against unemployment, and the other segment I can not discuss legally, but I was NOT on the losing end. As a highly reputable company, I felt that corporate should have released these women from their position to maintain the integrity of the company & careful of who they allow to represent their brand. To date, the two are still there and have continued their charades with others who have been forced to leave & landed down the hall at Saks. I had since attempted to get onboard at Saks or Nordstrom & in a chance encounter, I'd become acquainted with the GM at a Nordstrom here. In confidence, she told me that the 2 HR girls at Neimans had told her during a reference call that I walked out of Neimans with $100k of stolen goods, I am a notorious lawsuit queen, they have a special video for training showing me stealing (which I have NEVER stolen an item in my entire life), & that I had an affair with one of their husbands(which I don't know either of their spouses) . Though they have set out to destroy my reputation, I have a strong faith & KNOW that their Karma is upon them.

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!