Nelson Labs

Add Photos

Jeffery Nelson

Poor management

Study Director (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsOk, if you're desperate for work. Don't expect to be compensated well for hard work.

ConsNepotism and favoritism at its best. Terrible pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, good luck!

Obvious Glass Ceiling

"enginn" (Current Employee) Taylorsville, UT

ProsHaving peers who shares dissatisfaction with poor management skills of leaders, and poor pay-task ratio. Employees rally together to stay motivated and overcome challenges.

ConsUnfair EPS ratio. Promotions for hardworking employees are slim to unfair. Promoted employees are "friends" to the managers and are the ones who work the least. The key to be promoted is by being mediocre - people who tries to be the best rarely get's recognition.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake advice from your LEAN coaches - fire poor performing managers and hire a trainer to mentor the leaders. Don't promote inefficiency with your lack of leadership skills. Keep your future leaders by listening to their advices.

Good place to start but really bad management

ProsHas fantastic coworkers who easy my stress

Consextremely poor management in their healthcare department. Want feedback but do nothing to improve situations. Heavy workload and under pay. CEO want feedback but does not handle it well. Upper management suck. Management favor employees. Even some management are ready to quit. Company does not live up to it promises to it employees

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees time and the amount of work they do.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to start your career

ProsGood place to start a career, good training.

ConsVery low pay. Workload is unmanageable at times, but little is done to alleviate this issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck

High pressure environment, overwhelming workload.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsOverall, I work with great people. Most of my co-workers are nice, competent, smart, and quality-minded. Interactions are friendly, for the most part.

ConsMy workload is completely overwhelming. The company is understaffed in general, and management won't do anything about it in order to keep profits high.
    One person routinely does the work of 2+ people.
    The environment is high-pressure, and the stress level increases all the time. There is no improvement in sight.
    Work-life balance is non-existant. Management constantly demands more while providing inadequate resources. People work 8+ hours per day, then take laptop computers home in the evening to do more work. Being a workaholic is rewarded, while those who still work hard, but also try to have a life outside work are not valued and their contributions are not recognized.
    Employees are treated like property/equipment rather than human beings. You are just a resource to be used up, and you are replaceable.
    Very little PTO given, no sick leave provided. Employees come to work sick because of their workload and the lack of PTO, and the illness spreads throughout the company.
    Rampant nepotism and favoritism.
    The compensation is not adequate for the stress and workload; the benefits package is bad and gets worse every year.
    Management pays lip service to appreciating and caring about employees, but their actions and the general work environment are not consistent with this claim.
    Too many meetings to attend, too much micromanagement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire enough people to meet the demands of the workload.
    Prove that you actually care about employees by addressing problems with work-life balance and improving the compensation/benefits.
    Promote based upon qualifications rather than family or other connections.

Great place to start a career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexibility while going to school.

ConsLow pay and some odd hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay higher salaries to retain employees.

It's an ok place to start a career

Lab Analyst (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood Benefits, company culture.....although it has gone down hill the last few years as the company has grown.

ConsManagement doesn't seem to appreciate it's employees, everyone is replaceable.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupervisors don't like to promote because they don't want to be replaced, allow anyone to complete the study director track.

Okay place to work

Lab Analyst (Former Employee) Taylorsville, UT

ProsThey have nice benefits, and it is pretty easy to move up in the company.

ConsNot the most challenging work. I felt like I could have done the job right out of high school. The senior management gives a lot of lip service to caring about what employees think, but they don't show it in their actions.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some advice from your lower level employees once and a while. Also, don't let good people go just because you don't want to pay them more.

Really great company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsReally good perks and great people to work with. The team I worked on was awesome.

ConsHave to play the corporate ladder game to get anywhere. CEO says he wants honest feedback, but he doesn't handle it well.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't only look at those who play the game. There are a lot of great employees who are overlooked because they aren't in your face all the time.

Nelson Labs Review

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood benefits, good co-workers, family type feel. Very flexible.

ConsHard to get raises. Many people feel underpaid. Not a very profitable company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus less on people more on making money

Worked for Nelson Labs? Contribute to the Community!