Nelson Staffing

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Craig S. Nelson

are able to find you a job quickly.

Associate (Former Employee) Modesto, CA

ProsYou can count on them to get you work.

ConsTrying to be well liked.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive warning to associates to not speak to the management without them speaking to you first.

Excellent if you're in Sales!

ProsHigh commissions + Bonus potential

ConsClaim to strive for excellence but little to no action taken due to incompetance

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Unorganized and unprofessional company managing Google contractors and temps.

Recruiter (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThey pretty much have nothing to do with you after you start at Google, which is good.

ConsThey had issues when I started getting my hourly rate correct/payroll correct; they were taxing me based on an incorrect address; they deposited my weekly salary into someone else's bank account; they were unable to provide guidance throughout the interview process at Google

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nelson is the best staffing agency that I have worked..

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNelson will not keep any employee to be idle without work for a long period of time.

ConsNelson give opportunity for employees to be a permanent worker for their client.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work of helping the people who are looking for work,

Recruiter (Current Employee)

ProsWork place is great, with lots of career focused and industry experienced people

ConsBudget goals seem to be driven by someone else' eye for his/her end of year bonus, rather than realistically achievable staffing targets.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet achievable goals for branch and individual performance based on industry staffing trends and realistic forecasting methods.

It was only a part time job

Associate (Current Employee) Modesto, CA

ProsGetting called in for work every week when possible

ConsI haven't been called for work in a couple of months

Advice to Senior ManagementWarn associate not to talk to management unless spoken too.

I enjoy the people

ProsEverybody is nice and the mangers are easy to get along with.

ConsI cant think of any

The best career move I ever made.

Recruiter (Current Employee) Santa Rosa, CA

ProsStability, growth opportunity, ever changing job market keeps job interesting and challenging, Strong management offering a true open door policy gives employees the ability to share ideeas, opionins and to feel heard.

ConsPoor decisions made by "C" level management due to Ego and lack of understanding of the business operations at the ground level. Aggressive growth expectations affect the bonus structure of hard working / producing employees is extremely demotivating. Nelson may not be able to retain their best talent due to demotivating bonus and commission structures currently in place.

Advice to Senior Management.Remember that your success and that of the company depends of the success of the people at the ground level who are producing. Allow them to thrive and the company will continue to as well. Stifle their growth or earnings potential and the effect will eventually trickle upwards

Marketing Salary

Marketing (Current Employee)

Prosweekly pay is good, consistant

Consno benefits for health care or dental

The positions provided weren't what I was looking initially looking for but a great way to get some experience and cash.

Temp (Current Employee) San Rafael, CA

ProsThe agent that was assigned to me was polite, professional, and responded to both emails and calls on a consistent and reliable basis.

ConsDespite earning my BS in Business Admin. with a Marketing concentration, the assignments offered to me weren't as appealing as I had initially had hoped. I eventually learned that I wasn't going to get the clerical positions or opportunities for a 'foot in the door' with the companies I am interested in working for in the long run. I may not have gotten the jobs I wanted due to a poor interview, one of the first out of college. But my degree and satisfactory computer skills and strong work ethic should have come into play.

Worked for Nelson Staffing? Contribute to the Community!