Be The First To
Not yet rated.
I have been working at Nemetschek Vectorworks full-time
Pros – - lots of opportunities to learn new technology
- professional atmosphere
- invests in hardware and software to improve productivity
- it is possible to work on collaborative and interesting projects
- you know that you are creating value; many many very creative professionals use the software product for important work.
- no one is pushed to work crazy hours. Some Software Engineers do so because they want to complete their projects.
Cons – - low salary compared to similar positions in the area
- plays catch up to competitors rather than setting the standards.
- tries to do everything for everyone with not enough resources which results in half-baked features
- need leadership to invigorate employees to focused and motivating goals
- some projects are boring or don't make a lot of business sense (employees need to _speak_ up if you're not doing something you don't like).
- management doesn't always listen and great employees leave after not being heard.
- is a little behind the times in terms of software development processes or work policies (such as telecommuting, core hours, etc).
Advice to Senior Management – Take some risks, invest in User Experience designers and product designers, focus on key goals, and stop wasting time on features that no one uses.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend
2013-05-17 08:00 PDT
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –