Nemours Foundation

David J. Bailey

Great place to work

Current Employee - Critical Care RN
    Current Employee - Critical Care RN

I have been working at Nemours Foundation (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work with excellent nurses and doctors who give exceptional care. Company is stable, with excellent benefits and cares about their employees. They strongly encourage their nurses to continually expand their knowledge and education. They are finally paying adequate incentives for working above and beyond your work schedule!
     Director of Nursing is an excellent leader. She is very supportive, listens to her staff and acts accordingly.
    New hospital addition is beautiful with all the updated gadgets!!

Cons

Can be very busy...which may be a pro or con. When its busy and busting at the seams, its occasionally difficult to find adequate staff which is stressful. Although, in most of these cases, management (and Administration!) pitches in and help where they can.
    Weekend cafeteria food is pitiful.
    More walking in the new hospital addition.

Keep listening and being involved in your staff!!

okay

I have been working at Nemours Foundation

Pros

good benefits, good work- life balance

Cons

not much in terms of promotions

NOT WORTH THE MONEY

Former Employee - Radiographer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Radiographer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Nemours Foundation

Pros

PAY and benefits are the only upside to working here.

Cons

In experienced staffing, the standards of behavior are not practiced by management or doctors.

Listen to the complaints from all the work place reviews given in the hospital and all the ones on here as well as other employee review sites. Consider that they may be true instead of brushing them off as disgruntled employees. We ALL can not be wrong about what we say.

Wonderful Company

Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Nemours Foundation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, excellent opportunities for professional growth and education.

Cons

Fair salary, limited room for promotion.

Good money horrible managers

Current Employee - Paramedic in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Paramedic in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Nemours Foundation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good money. Awesome working with the kids. The staff was pretty fun and the hospital was really nice.

Cons

Awful management with no backbone. They did not have the employees back on issues and sided with the upper management over things that should have been resolved within the department.

Nemours Children's Hospital - pretty building with ugly stories

Former Employee - Former Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Nemours Foundation full-time

Pros

The benefits package and salaries are very good. The training programs are computerized and organized electronically.

Cons

It is well known that the organization lacks ethics. Several managers have gotten their positions through questionable ways (friends, previous business deals, etc.), and they are inept, confused, and ineffective. Some managers have unstable behaviors and completely get away with it. Without supervisors who really manage and make plans, employees put up with managers' whims and last-minute requests constantly. Doing the bare minimum and taking the easy way out is a lifestyle there.

The true stories about Nemours are starting to leak out into the community, and your reputation is slipping. Stop spending recklessly and thinking only of money. It's a pediatric hospital - think about the patients, families, and staff. Take a closer look at some of the managers, and dig a bit deeper to see what they are REALLY doing. Stop the nonsense with the Standards of Behavior, since they are twisted and abused at the higher levels. Clean up your act.

Leaders and managers both lack of integrity and standards

I have been working at Nemours Foundation

Pros

The compassionate staff and physicians who truly service our patients and believe in what they are doing for patient safety and care. Benefits for self, family, and dependents.

Cons

The leaders and managers lack value, integrity, and standards of behaviors. They can change your position and livelihood without your knowledge. I find many of them to be hypocrites and they will mislead associates through their townhall meetings. They were trying to setup a culture at NCH with associate having ownership and voices and that culture is still the same top down hierarchy. Associates have no voice they can't seek advise through their managers without some type of retaliation. HR is a joke! This department is ineffective and lack the human talent to properly recruit and retain associates or operate daily. There is no work-life balance. It is a popularity contest to move up the ladder. -RICK2

Clean house starting with the leaders and managers. Hire qualified, productive and effective associates to run the departments. -RICK2

family Oriented

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Nemours Foundation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of positions to move into.

Cons

Sometime can be based on favoritism

Make an effort to show your employees that they are important and valuable to the company as you express that they are. Action speaks louder than words!

Life is too short to work at Nemours Ophthalmology

Former Employee - Ophthalmic Tech in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Ophthalmic Tech in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Nemours Foundation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with children. Good benefits for employees with children

Cons

There is rampant unfairness in the ophthalmology clinic.
    There are techs who work hard and then there are a couple of techs who spend a good deal of time on the internet or reading while the other techs take care of patients. No one holds the lazy techs accountable for fear of being fired.

Administration would be very wise to take talk with the technicians in the clinic and learn what a travesty some of the operations managers and physicians make of the Nemours standards of behavior.

Not the DuPont company it was, skip and go elsewhere unless you want to be underpaid and overworked. Plenty of layoffs.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Nemours Foundation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I would take my kids here.
    They do care about your kids - its all about the kids.
    Lots of jobs (sort of a pro but people don't stay very long because of work load)

Cons

Management is not hired for their skillset, its a good old boy network.
    They lay off people all the time for "reduction in force", so not stable.
    Very low chance of job advancement, unless you go elsewhere.
    Its all about the kids, employees were told by our Orlando top senior leader that if we don't like our work load there are other hospitals in the area; while this is true, its an rude crush-morale attitude to have when all employees were stating was that their hours average 55+ hours a week (unpaid after 40 since we are salary) and we need more staff.

Do some RIF's on upper management and get some fresh minds in the place.

Nemours Foundation Photos