Nemours Foundation

Nemours Foundation President and CEO David J. Bailey

David J. Bailey

family Oriented

(Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsLots of positions to move into.

ConsSometime can be based on favoritism

Advice to Senior ManagementMake an effort to show your employees that they are important and valuable to the company as you express that they are. Action speaks louder than words!

Leaders and managers both lack of integrity and standards

ProsThe compassionate staff and physicians who truly service our patients and believe in what they are doing for patient safety and care. Benefits for self, family, and dependents.

ConsThe leaders and managers lack value, integrity, and standards of behaviors. They can change your position and livelihood without your knowledge. I find many of them to be hypocrites and they will mislead associates through their townhall meetings. They were trying to setup a culture at NCH with associate having ownership and voices and that culture is still the same top down hierarchy. Associates have no voice they can't seek advise through their managers without some type of retaliation. HR is a joke! This department is ineffective and lack the human talent to properly recruit and retain associates or operate daily. There is no work-life balance. It is a popularity contest to move up the ladder. -RICK2

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house starting with the leaders and managers. Hire qualified, productive and effective associates to run the departments. -RICK2

Life is too short to work at Nemours Ophthalmology

Ophthalmic Tech (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsWorking with children. Good benefits for employees with children

ConsThere is rampant unfairness in the ophthalmology clinic.
    There are techs who work hard and then there are a couple of techs who spend a good deal of time on the internet or reading while the other techs take care of patients. No one holds the lazy techs accountable for fear of being fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdministration would be very wise to take talk with the technicians in the clinic and learn what a travesty some of the operations managers and physicians make of the Nemours standards of behavior.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awful

Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGood benefits. Most of the doctors are great.

ConsNo room to grow. Nemours uses Red tape policy. Don't dare to complaint or fight for your rights cause your are going to be out of the door in a heart beat. Management have a clique on which they protects each other backs even if they're wrong. Very traumatic experience working with this company. unethical.

Advice to Senior ManagementNemours need to get rid of the bad roots and start from fresh and to the CEO D.B please get more involve of what is happening with the good employee's of Nemours that have been humiliated by your company.

Not the DuPont company it was, skip and go elsewhere unless you want to be underpaid and overworked. Plenty of layoffs.

(Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsI would take my kids here.
    They do care about your kids - its all about the kids.
    Lots of jobs (sort of a pro but people don't stay very long because of work load)

ConsManagement is not hired for their skillset, its a good old boy network.
    They lay off people all the time for "reduction in force", so not stable.
    Very low chance of job advancement, unless you go elsewhere.
    Its all about the kids, employees were told by our Orlando top senior leader that if we don't like our work load there are other hospitals in the area; while this is true, its an rude crush-morale attitude to have when all employees were stating was that their hours average 55+ hours a week (unpaid after 40 since we are salary) and we need more staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo some RIF's on upper management and get some fresh minds in the place.

Nemours only looks good on the outside management are inconsistent and control freaks

ProsDoes anyone have a Nemours handbook lying around? I would like to get my hands on it.

Conspoor management, inconsistent, large amount of lawsuits against company

Great Mission. Moving in right direction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe organization is constantly moving in a forward direction with a new hospital in Orlando and expansion at Alfred I. duPont Hospital. Good benefits and friendly people,

ConsResistance to management changes occurred frequently or met with skepticism. Salary for non-clinical personnel is average.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

It's a good place to work.

Research Associate II (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsIt's a really good children's hospital. Parents really know that the doctors and nurses care about their children. I feel that I'm making a difference in children's lives.

ConsThe rigid pay scale and lack of funding for research means that I need to look elsewhere for a job, unfortunately. The red tape and "Performance Management" hoops to jump through are really annoying.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot a fan of all the unnecessary emails and red tape.

good work life balance, great benefits,

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGreat People
    Flexible work schedule
    No "looking at the clock"

ConsNot much room for advancement
    Offsite parking for new employees

Flexible, excellent workplace

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsStable and working environment is good. The health insurance is the top

ConsThe salary is not high for non-clinics.

Worked for Nemours Foundation? Contribute to the Community!