Neo@Ogilvy Reviews

3.4
Nasreen Madhany

1. A new Neo

I have been working at Neo@Ogilvy

Pros

Neo has come a long way. The culture is great. And so are the people. You can easily earn the trust of your colleagues and management, which earns you flexibility and opportunity. This is a solid place to learn and grow in your career.

Cons

Your experience may vary depending on your team as each team has its own dynamic. Make sure to take advantage of company-wide Neo & Ogilvy events and opportunities.

Keep supporting teams and providing updates on performance.

Overall dissatisfied.

I have been working at Neo@Ogilvy

Pros

Global brand/ Brand name recognition.

Cons

Long hours; no work/life balance. No overtime and mediocre benefits. High turnover. Limited opportunities for growth (both horizontal and vertical). Experience dependent on client/team, which can be extremely hit or miss. Just starting to build out training programs, but too late for long standing employees.

3. Neo@Ogilvy Search

Current Employee - Search Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Search Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Neo@Ogilvy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very smart people that were dedicated to the job. Interesting client work although people tended to stay on the same account for a long time.

Cons

Horrible location with little food options in the neighborhood. Bad work/life balance for nearly every employee. Lots of discussion on why salaries aren't higher.

5. A solid 7/10

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Neo@Ogilvy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ogilvy as a larger company is very fair and genuinely interested in the growth and support of its employees. They offer many extraordinary benefits that help with the work/life balance and are open to training and getting employees what they need out of their career. On top of career oriented perks there are a lot of things that make your life better/happier such as an on-site gym that costs $20/year for membership, Rooftop concert series, museum passes, on-site doctors office etc.

Cons

The Location is probably the number one con. Very far from civilization and not easy to get to (especially in bad weather). Also, because Neo and Ogilvy is such a large company, it can be hard to know where to get your answers from. There seems to be a lot of red tape around simple issues (i.e. tape! It took almost 3 days to be able to find out where I can get office supplies. Most people buy their own because its too much of a hassle)

My advice would be very specific to my own personal experience. I felt like I didn't have a lot of training of ramp up when I started, people were to busy and so now I feel that I'm at a deficit skills wise. It would be nice to have more check-ins with your employees.

6. I thoroughly enjoy working at Neo because of the strong office culture and ability to grow.

Current Employee - Assistant Media Planner in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Media Planner in New York, NY

I have been working at Neo@Ogilvy

Pros

Great working relationship between all team members at all levels within the company. Ability to learn and grow. Lot of responsibility but given with guidance.

Cons

Not too many cons. Hours can be long sometimes but not often.

7. Management needs work

Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I have been working at Neo@Ogilvy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great perks, great company name, good benefits, plus easy access to a lot of resources and good training programs.

Cons

Office location, team culture, unreasonable work expectations, and poor work-life balance (if any). This seems to be an issue across the agency, some teams have it worse than others. Great people will continue to leave because the management team can't keep them. Most people work hard at Neo but there are chances when that's not the case. People really do matter especially since you'll be working with them 24/7. Depending on your luck, if you get on the right team it'll be the best career move, if not it'll become your worst nightmare.

If you're seriously looking to switch, I'd suggest to be very careful in choosing your team. You might be getting a perfect chance to say hello to unlimited OT (sometimes to a point where you'd wish you had never switched your old job).

Please train the management team so they can learn to treat their employees right.

8. Great Company, but needs improvement

Former Employee - Search Planner in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Search Planner in New York, NY

I worked at Neo@Ogilvy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Neo@Ogilvy provides employees with access to the gym, rooftop, storage room for bikes, and plenty of freedom. Very chill work environment.

Cons

Because you are given so much freedom, career paths and guidance may be limited. It is also located very far west from train stations.

9. Neo@Ogilvy

Current Employee - Search Planner in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Search Planner in New York, NY

I have been working at Neo@Ogilvy

Pros

Smart people, fun work environment

Cons

Low paying, can be long hours

10. I live there

I have been working at Neo@Ogilvy

Pros

The people here are great!

Cons

Work extremely long hours and am not appreciated for the work I am doing

Hire more people on accounts that are understaffed. Take a peek at time sheets, they say a lot and take forever to do.

11. Great organization with inspiring leadership

Current Employee - Media Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Media Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Neo@Ogilvy full-time

Pros

I have a tremendous opportunity to work on one of the world's largest B2B accounts. The leadership team is very motivating, and despite the complexity of the account they always maintain a positive upbeat attitude. The company leadership at all the C-Levels is inspiring, motivating, and incredibly approachable and welcoming. The benefits package offered is very competitive. The company is in high growth mode, so there are a lot of opportunities for advancement. We work hard, play hard, and do really strong work.

Cons

People say the location is a con because there aren't many places to eat, but they have done a great job with their cafeteria. The food is affordable and they are always serving something new. Gotham Market is right down the block, and there are a ton of restaurants one block over. I actually enjoy walking from Grand Central even though they offer a convenient shuttle just for employees. It is a great way to get geared up for the day, get a little exercise and enjoy New York.

Continue to share highlights of the work done at other global offices of neo@Ogilvy. Keep working to strengthen the emphasis that is already underway for work/life balance. Keep hiring hard-working, positive people. The sky is the limit, it is a great time to be part of neo@Ogilvy