Neolane Reviews

4.2

Stephane Dehoche

A Company with Growth

I worked at Neolane full-time for more than a year

Pros

Senior management has developed the company and positioned well with Top Analyst firms like Gartner and Forrester. Gaining Marketing share with strong growth. Many parts of the solution are well thought out and connected. The strength of single code based solutions is scene as a key asset to the marketplace.

Cons

Need to be sure and keep product investment poised for next "new wave" of market requirements in the Campaign Management solutions space. While many parts of the software are well defined, other parts of the solution need to be completed. Then it will be a market mover due to end to end solution.

Empowerment will become important for the company to grow

Work Hard Play Hard....Excellent place to grow

I have been working at Neolane full-time

Pros

Opportunity to Grow
    Diverse culture
    Trips to Paris
    Talented team

Cons

Need to embrace US work culture...build a scalable organization

Keep the senior team in place...they are very good

High Quality People and Products

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I have been working at Neolane full-time

Pros

--Company is going places fast; growing, gaining recognition by analysts/customers as high-quality marketing automation product
    --No politics in US office (can't speak for the others)
    --Colleagues are excellent at what they do and great human beings
    --Good work is definitely noticed and rewarded
    --Very global; French based (good business trips) with offices in Europe and Asia, and lots of opportunity to share ideas and best practices
    --Profitable with very solid financial footing
    --Very hot market, lots of opportunity
    --Wonderful employee events: when we hit our targeted numbers (and we always do), the entire company goes on a trip (with spouse.SO) for FUN...Martinique club med this year, Rio last, Iceland before. No scrimping on holiday parties and they are fun unlike many corporate events. No pressure, just good times; champagne celebrations; home-made breakfasts occassionally.

Cons

--Not on T, but accessible by bus
    --Bursting at the seams in our space, but we are doubling it soon

Keep it up! Love your quarterly updates, happy you are as involved and available as you are. Keep transparent because it gives me a high level of trust in you and the company direction.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

I have been working at Neolane full-time

Pros

My time and experiences here thus far have been nothing short of great. What I like most about working for Neolane are the people. Everyone is intelligent, accessible and willing to help when needed. I highly enjoy the culture and close knit community. No drama and everyone meshes nicely with one another.

Coming in a close second on my list of pro's is the way Neolane values it;s employees. They do an excellent job on commending their employees when warranted. This speaks to the moral of the company as a whole. If Neolane makes their sales goal they treat their employees to a very nice, well deserved trip. A really nice perk!

Cons

There are a couple of con's though; one being parking. Parking is first come first serve and if you are lucky to get a spot, it is metered parking. You always have to make it a point to have change to feed the meters. Can definitely disrupt your day. The only other thing is the employee/work ratio. This is a minor point but at times it feels like several folks are doing the work of multiple people. I honestly feel they have the right staff in place to rectify this issue over time.

No advice. Once of the best companies I have worked for in a long time. Would definitely recommend and refer friends/family.

A Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I have been working at Neolane

Pros

Neolane is probably the best place I've ever worked. Neolane is a French company that's expanding rapidly into the US market. We make marketing automation software that's enterprise class.

Why do I like it? Almost across the board, my coworkers are smart, pleasant, and professional. They show up ready to do their jobs each day. Unlike some companies, when you email people, you get prompt responses. When you ask another department for information, they get back to you in a helpful manner. It's really just a nice place to come to work each day.

The management team (US and France) is also quite good. It's clear that they have high expectations for their employees. The US President frequently talks about separating ourselves from the competition through excellence in execution. That said, they treat employees who perform quite well. For example, when the company makes it's numbers, the whole company goes on a fabulous all expenses paid trip. We've been to Iceland, St. Martin, and this year, hopefully Rio de Janeiro. Spouses can come, too. What kind of company pays for 300+ people to go to Rio? It's truly uncommon. Here in the US we also have Champagne Fridays and Waffle Breakfasts on a pretty regular basis. Other pros about management:

*Clear with goals
    *Hard workers - the founders are still all involved, they know their stuff and they work hard
    *Good communicators
    *Have a clear vision for where we're going and share it

If you get a job offer here, seriously consider taking it. It's a profitable and fast growing private company backed by some blue chip VC's that's taking market share from the leaders FAST. It's a ride you want on.

Cons

There are a few things that could stand some improvement. They're nitpicky, but they're out of character for the company, so they're worth mentioning. Employees are actually employed by Trinet, which is an outsourced HR company, so the benefits aren't as great as some other companies. For example:

* There's no 401k match. Really?? Even 2-3% would be fabulous.
    * PTO starts at 15 days. That's sick and vacation together. That's the lowest I've ever had. 2-3 weeks vacation plus 5-10 sick is much more common. It's not great.
    *Newton office is not easy to get to via public transportation. It's on bus lines, but nowhere near a subway stop. And, if you drive, the parking is tough.

Keep doing what you're doing. You've built an amazing company. You should be really proud of what you've accomplished. As we grow, please take care to keep the high level of professionalism and the great culture intact. They make the company. Oh, and the food is delicious.

Very good culture and career opportunity

Former Employee - Product Consultant  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Product Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Neolane full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Sometimes sales people drive the decision.

One of the best company I ever worked

Current Employee - Product Consultant  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Product Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Neolane full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a great company to work with. There's a very good company culture, very "team building" oriented. Career wise, the management is happy to relocate employees to a different role whenever possible if they want to change career path.

Cons

Being a relatively small and fast growing company, processes are still quite rough around the edge but hopefully with the Adobe acquisition this will change for the better.

Carry on. The best manager I ever had!

Technical challenges to be faced within a good team

Current Employee - R&D Software Engineer  in  Arcueil (France)
    Current Employee - R&D Software Engineer in Arcueil (France)

I have been working at Neolane full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good place to work, objectives are clear and achievable.
    The developments subjects are interesting and the company takes care of its employees

Cons

Communication and internal processes can be improved

Worked for Neolane? Contribute to the Community!