www.neopostinc.com

3.1

Dennis P. LeStrange

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Neopost USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Pretty good Products

Cons

Office Culture, Keep changing up comp plan for the worse

Inside Sales

I have been working at Neopost USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love the people I worked with…

Cons

management team is really unorganized. No brand recognition. disaster of a company to work for.

Take management classes and learn more about the products and services.

Retention Sales at Neopost Call Center

Former Employee - Retention/Sales in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Retention/Sales in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Neopost USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great support from team members and management, flexible time-off policies, great compensation packages, effective training courses, energetic instructors, cool website and products, great work culture and environment

Cons

Way too many systems to navigate through to complete a normal job task, very short lunch breaks, lack of consistency between brands, there were no initial hands-on product training, customer service from third parties reflected badly on the company, not a lot of room to move up from position, management had several teams to handle and often overlooked the retention team until later (it got better after addressed)

Getting all the systems integrated into one program would be extremely helpful. Also, being the nature of retention (at Neopost) being very demanding and stressful (sometimes dealing with irate customers), try training your team with the intent on moving them up to an inside/outside sales position so when they are ready to move up in the company, they can do so with confidence. Focus on one team at a time. If you invite the team to your church, be a Christian inside and out of the work place regardless of work status.

Good place to work

I have been working at Neopost USA

Pros

Entrepreneurial. Good group of people. More of a flat organization which is good.

Cons

Like I said, the people are good. I can't find any cons with the organization.

Great experience, great people, great career!

I have been working at Neopost USA

Pros

Great CEO, very competent to run a company.

Cons

Goes through a lot of Sales people

Ok

I have been working at Neopost USA full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Medical benefits and 401k are great.

Cons

Not flexible between work and family life.

Consider everyone's hardworking & great performance. Not the same people.

Ethical

I worked at Neopost USA full-time

Pros

Values Employees
    Laid back environment
    Friendly management

Cons

Long tenrure means slow or no career development

Company was laying off workers in CA. But instead of giving days notice, gave everyone plenty of time to adjust to the news.
    Told everyone in a meeting in October 2008 that office will be closing. First set of layoff will be in January 2009, followed by June, and then October. Gave plenty of resources to look for another job.

I am in sales at Neopost

I have been working at Neopost USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the people I work with; I feel supported 90% of the time; they encourage me to come up with new ideas and strategies; the product line is much newer and more technologically advanced than the competition's products

Cons

lack of name recognition or, where we are recognized it is generally a "what you were" recognition, not a "what you are"
    we have some residual bad reviews of our service group which remains long after we've fixed those problems
    not the highest paying company in the business

provide more formalized and hands-on training on all products
    make NeoU a more robust interactive experience with HD video support
    provide a "product owner" contact in Milford for questions related to each product. I know we have a chain of command, so to speak, but I'm talking about somebody who can give factual non-emotional responses to things like "how does our XYZ product compare and contrast to PB's ABC product"

Great Products Poor Vision

Former Employee - Account Manager in Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Cedar Knolls, NJ

I worked at Neopost USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company has some very good products. They realize they must move from equipment to solutions before the mailing industry they built there business on disappears.

Cons

Poor district/ local management, too quick to dismiss critical problems within the organization. They simply refuse to allow employees to provide solutions to a laundry list of problems that effect customers and the future of the company. My office went through 35 people in 3+ years. Only a select few reps make good money. Breaking into that group requires more than hard work. High turnover is acceptable. KPI allows 35-40% turnover which is mind boggling for a company that wants to get into the workflow solutions platform.

Your embarking on a new business platform. If you don't listen to good employees who care about the organization, you will eventually run out of them. You cannot develop trust with clients if your turnover is so high. Customers have choices and building that rapport over time will give you the relationship capital to sell great products.

A great learning experience..

Former Employee - Account Executive in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Neopost USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Looking back at my experience at Neopost, I realized that their sales structure yields for a very supportive environment. Inside sales is in SUPPORT of the field teams rather than being in competition with one another. There is a lot of great opportunity within exiting clients as well as prospects seeing as there are really only 2 main providers that clients are buying from. I also had a great team who I am still friends with today which is rare in work relationships and says a lot about the culture. It is a large company with great benefits and room for growth.

Cons

I was in the small business division and was straight out of college at the time so it was a little more micromanaged than I had anticipated. With that being said, it is sales and if you are doing the right things day after day then its more of a "checking the box" thing rather than an inconvenience. Also- the mailing industry in my opinion is a dying art. So many people are going green and switching to email or the Cloud so they are constantly downsizing. I had people with huge machines downgrade to a little IJ25!

I have had managers who are used to being salespeople in the field. My biggest recommendation is to remember to switch hats when in a managerial role. It is tough to put the destiny of your quota in the hands of your team and trust that everyone will do their part. The truth is some will and some won't and that is something that has to do with hiring the right talent not overly controlling the ones who are there for the right reasons.