Neoris Reviews

Claudio Muruzábal

1. Extremely Rewarding!

Current Employee - Foreign Language Instructional Coordinator
    Current Employee - Foreign Language Instructional Coordinator

I have been working at Neoris full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I felt a lot of support from management. There was a lot of pressure to push forward, continue to advance, but that same force pushing me forward was available to hold me up if I ever felt I was falling back!

Cons

Turnover. It was sad to see good consultants let go because of the termination of a project. There was massive re-orgs about every 2 yrs. I left on my own after working there off and on for many years, I cannot wait to return one day!

Advice to Management

Remember the internal client! The only way to keep your external client happy is to take care of your employees. Keep them happy, motivated, incentivized!

Too dependent on captive customer CEMEX.

I worked at Neoris

Pros

Opportunity to work hard without recognition

Cons

Highly political to the exclusion of common business sense.

Advice to Management

Be loyal to top contributors

3. very productive with complex and challenging projects and opportunities

Current Employee - Manager Business Consulting in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Manager Business Consulting in Miami, FL

I have been working at Neoris

Pros

respect and innovation all accross the organization. Everyone is a professional at Neoris. Work Ethicas are impeccable. No misteries at all.

Cons

lame travel expenses processing, still arcaic process. The industry is dependent on good economic times so that the professionals inside the organizations have opportunities to get promoted. It is not enough to do good at what you do.

Advice to Management

we live in a world filled with technology and innovations, can we please see some leaders engage on improving the technolgy behind the back office process of handling travel expenses? some ideas: use smartphones so that the traveler scans the receipts into a home-made app and then synchronize with the backoffice application.

5. Great people. Good company to work for.

I have been working at Neoris

Pros

Global organization with clients around the world Strong corporate culture - very 'human' in comparison to other consultancies Executive management approachable, fair and visible Collaborative environment and tremendous opportunity to learn and grow

Cons

Long hours - but with any Tier 1 or 2 Consultancy you work long hours Brand recognition outside of Latin America

Advice to Management

More structure around processes.

Neoris, one of the consulting firms with the most potential

I have been working at Neoris

Pros

Neoris is a multicultural, diverse kind of company. There is always room for improvement but for a 7 year old company Neoris has been able to cover a lot of ground. Remarkable work creating a good environment for out of the box thinkers that want to work in a relaxed yet productive environment. Given its time in the market, Neoris is still writting its history and that enables it to be flexible and innovative.

Cons

more work needs to be done to document processes so that the company will continue to strengthen its global mindset as opposed to a set of offices in different countries.

Advice to Management

TO continue to open up communication channels with employees at all levels

7. Great potential but a lack of focus on resolving issues hinders performance

Current Employee - Director in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Miami, FL

I have been working at Neoris

Pros

There is a wide range of exposure to Latin American culture and work styles. You will learn the differences between typical US business culture and Latin American business culture. You will also see the subtle differences between Latin American countries and the degree to which they work differently.

Cons

Lack of commitment to resolving issues and instead hoping that they'll resolve themselves. THis in itself if part of the heritage of being a heavily Latin American focused firm. The company is run in a confederation model (each operating country is fairly independent of the others) and lacks a strong central decision making and directing authority.

Advice to Management

Align performance measures to support strategic decisions. As it stands today, performance measures do not provide the incentive for the different operating countries to cooperate. The result is a tendency to seek optimization at a local level at the expense of overall company performance. Don't let issues fester. The company recognizes issues, but rarely takes decisive action to resolve or remove those issues. The result is to negatively impact morale at many different levels within the company.

8. Basis Consultant

Former Employee - IT Coordinator in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Former Employee - IT Coordinator in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at Neoris (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place to work. Concerned about the professional development

Cons

Life balance is not a priority

9. Neoris a good place

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Querétaro, Querétaro (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Querétaro, Querétaro (Mexico)

I worked at Neoris full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good environment - Development plan implemented - Effective management tools

Cons

- Mostly SAP oriented - Short vision - Too short freedo to busines operation - Bureaucracy - Business paradigm

Advice to Management

- Increase investments in order to incorporate to its vision other kind or business opportunities - Improve internal process in order to be more efficiente company

10. Business Consultant

Current Employee - Experienced Business Consultant in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I have been working at Neoris full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Presence in over 30 countries. Dynamic and diverse environment. Services provided to support a professional development and career. Challenge of working for different clients and industries. Professionalism in the environment.

Cons

I don't really have a con but in my personal experience, you have to have a plan in mind regarding what you want to specialize into, otherwise promotions are hard to get.

11. Good company to work in

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I worked at Neoris

Pros

Experienced people. Possibility of travel abroad. Big projects. You can work with some of the most important companies around the world.

Cons

It is very new company so you have to be a little patient with things related to HR or IT. People are good and they have the will to help you in everything you need.

RSS Feed </> Embed