Neovia Integrated Insurance Services

6 reviews filtered by
1.2
Jeff Slay

1. Lack of professionalism

I have been working at Neovia Integrated Insurance Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free parking, tone hour lunch

Cons

This job was found for me through an agency. While I did enjoy my job, got along with my co-workers, management, they dismissed me WITHOUT warning. Didn't even have the audacity to let me go face to face. Even my agency was baffled at the fact that I was let go and couldn't understand. I really liked working for this company but it is a shame that they lacked professionalism and compassion with laying me off.
    No one stays at this company for more than a year. Either they become overwhelmed with the amount of work or something else, but I did not imagine it would happen to me. Since there were never any complaints about my work ethic. Very disapointed

Work on your management skills.

2. Worst Job I've ever had

Former Employee - Rather Not Say
    Former Employee - Rather Not Say

I worked at Neovia Integrated Insurance Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nothing, absolutely nothing.... this is probably the worst job I've ever had.

Cons

The CEO is one of the most sociopathic people I've ever met in my entire life. There's ton of turn-over and your job never feels safe since you're constantly under the gun for things that are 99% no fault of your own. The culture? Well, there is no culture and it seems like almost everyone hates their job there. You're vastly underpaid and the benefits are total garbage (when they try to pass this off is pretty laughable considering this is an insurance brokerage... yeah guys, we know better). They promised bonuses and profit sharing but it never happens, instead they take themselves out on lavish vacations for themselves. Tons of lying and deceit, just nothing at all to be proud of or that would make you want to come to work. They talk crap about everyone else who works there but is currently not in their meeting and the core values are a complete joke when the management can take accountability for their own mistakes.

Resign and dissolve this "company". You shouldn't be putting people through the type of crap they have to endure at this place.

3. The worst company I have ever worked for.

I worked at Neovia Integrated Insurance Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free parking. This is it.

Cons

More than 50% turnover a year. The two co-founders fill their pockets and squeeze everyone else. Poor benefits, no growth opportunities, low pay, grim culture, no direction, archaic technology, very specific rules around when you can email. They promise bonuses and never deliver.

5. It's that crappy office job you see in movies

I worked at Neovia Integrated Insurance Services

Pros

Sometimes Aetna or Anthem will bring cake or bagels in. They have jeans on Fridays. Nice office.

Cons

I'm pretty glad to be out of Neovia. After working there for as long as I did I can't imagine how I did it. The CEO and VP are incredibly biased in their treatment of employees and who needs to be held accountable. The pay was absolutely terrible. One Sales Agent that works with Neovia told me everyone that deals with Neovia considers it a cult while I was there. Lot's of office politicking and people treating others poorly behind each others back. Little respect for the Management outside of the office. The number of employees that left in the year and a half I was there was astronomical. More than 3/4 of the office was not there the next year. They promised profit sharing than gave themselves a huge bonus at the start of the new fiscal year and told the rest of staff there was no money for profit sharing.

Favorites and special privileges should not so blatantly obvious to the rest of the staff. Pay employees more. Listen to employees and stop thinking you're better than everyone else and you don't have to listen to opinions.

Terrible

I worked at Neovia Integrated Insurance Services

Pros

I guess it is nice that they have a casual day every friday. Other than that, I can't say much.

Cons

Terrible place to work where you have no room for growth and are vastly underpaid for your job. The CEO cited the economy as the reason he could pay less during an interview I had with him. They don't listen, and place blame on everyone but themselves. Lots of talking going on behind the VP and CEO's back. Not liked by their staff. Incredibly high turnover rate that's alarmingly bad.

There is nothing to say except to treat employees with respect and dignity, don't throw them under the bus when you screw something up and need to vent. Poor atmosphere.

A middle of the road to nowhere work experience.

Former Employee - Benefits Analyst
    Former Employee - Benefits Analyst

I worked at Neovia Integrated Insurance Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are the only bright spot. This is the only retention strategy considering most of jobs are centered around looking at other companies benefits and helps to know you have good coverage but I wouldn't be surprised if they have down graded. Generally predictable workday. Beautiful location near Santa Barbara. Generally predictable workday. Beautiful location near Santa Barbara. Most of the employees are nice and easy enough to work with but the turn over means lots of new faces.

Cons

The pay is really bad. Given that insurance premium keep going up and brokerages get paid a % of the yearly premium and their client base was growing while I was there, the math for 'not enough income to pay better salaries' doesn't add up. The workload is seasonal as most clients will renew around the start of the year. Higher stress environment then expected in the 'boring' world of insurance. Leadership is self centered in general. Lots of turn over.

The Exec team makes efforts to express gratitude towards the employees but they all feel forced and lack sincerity. The VP is better saying thanks than the CEO. However, given the other reviews maybe I was on his good side.