Nespresso

www.nespresso.com

Nespresso Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Nespresso – New York – “View from Long Island city office”

Frederic Levy

Pros
  • free coffee, free lunch, transitcheck & bonuses are pretty good(in 6 reviews)

• Great benefits like free lunch, transport and coffee supply(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management act like they are Gods, but they need a reality check because they work in retail(in 5 reviews)

• No innovation, Stale and Dry Culture, Poor Leadership and Management, Unrealistic rules(in 3 reviews)

Coffee specialist

Prosfree coffee, nestle benefits, good training,nice co workers

Conshard to move up in the company, little to no opportunities, unfair salaries, not enough organization

Boutique

Boutique Specialist (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe product is awesome I seriously will drink tea if I have no capsules. Promotions perks,

ConsThe management can be horrible & HR of little help.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your Black employees with more respect when & if you finally hire them.

Great salaries & perks

Coffee Specialist (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFree coffee machine, free coffee, free lunch, transitcheck & bonuses are pretty good

Conspoor leadership, nepotism, favoritism, micro managing, no response to multiple great suggestions made from the people on the front lines (cust. serv. reps) on how to provide a better customer service experience for their clients. If you are not promoted within the first 6-12months you can pretty much forget about moving up although the company loves to tell you they want nothing more than for you to move up and ask you tons of questions on your position of interest, only to do absolutely NOTHING about it. Meanwhile friends of management move through the ranks with complete and total ease even though they don't have a clue.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote the coffee specialist that have actual experience and knowledge, who are confident in what they are doing and stop promoting your friends & family. Nespresso itself as a brand is pretty awesome, but senior management ruin the experience.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

AMAZING COMPANY

Boutique Specialist (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosbenefits are top of the line. wonderful employees. flexibly schedule. theres always someone to help (Upper Management) discount on anything you can think off

Conslack of upward mobility. antiquated system. hiring process is extensive

Much opportunity with the right leadership

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAmazing, fast-growing company. Tons of opportunity for the future if the US market is managed well. Generally a small corporate environment with the security of the Nestle brand behind it. Open to new ideas.

ConsDecisions are often made last minute & only under pressure so it's difficult to plan. Reactive environment (definitely not proactive). Company is still 'young' so many of the cons are side-effects of this fact. Management is very busy with HQ - Switzerland requests so often have little time to actually manage teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer pathing is a big miss - it's difficult for management & employees themselves to see upward mobility. Even HR seems to be in the reactive rather than proactive mindset.

Coffee Specialist

Coffee Specialist (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsCompany benefits are great - 401k, medical, dental, etc. Trainings are effective, most are hands-on/in-store. When I first started the culture was great - my leadership team was very supportive and kept a very open line of communication with all employees. Reviews and schedule changes were always timely and last minute changes were rare.

ConsThere was a wave of new hires within management that seemed under qualified and poorly trained. Once these "leaders" took over, the boutique began to quickly fall apart as favorites were played, manager presence became non-existent, and communication became minimal from management to overall staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew managers need more in-depth training, both on the coffee and leadership aspects. Time-management skills need improvement when it comes to releasing information/reviews/schedule changes to staff.

Unprofessional regional manager

Coffee Specialist (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsProduct has potential. Great concept. I was very happy to promote this product for many years until Nespresso representatives were replaced.

ConsUpper management please get off your high horse and act like human beings- start caring and breathe new life into your employees. The coffee sells itself; would it be better off to sell in vending machines to eliminate depressed employees?

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed we remind you to treat your employees better?

Coffee Specialist Position

Coffee Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits like free lunch, transport and coffee supply. Provided in-depth training for the coffee specialist position. After a few months, you can go through more training for technical troubleshooting on the machines. The pay is really fair and the view from the LIC office is amazing!

ConsPoor leadership, unfair practices of family members being promoted, rivalry between the LIC and NYC offices, makes it hard to grow from the coffee specialist position.

Lonely.

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsIndependent sales. Great products. Long term vision.

ConsLimited flexibility in how to sell. Almost no support or communication from the office -- you are on your own.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people. Provide advancement opportunities in the field.

COMPENSATE BETTER.

Nespresso it is what you make it

Boutique Specialist (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFriendly members, benefits, growth with the company

ConsIncompetent coworkers, lack of clear communication across all levels

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome more organized

Worked for Nespresso? Contribute to the Community!