Nestlé Purina PetCare

Nestlé Purina PetCare Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Nestlé Purina PetCare President and CEO Pat McGinnis

Pat McGinnis

Pros:
  • "Out of all my 20 something friends I probably have the best work life balance"
    in 53 reviews
  • "Being able to bring your pets to work at headquarters is a huge plus"
    in 18 reviews
Cons:
  • "Too much talk of work life balance and no action, same with succession planning"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Expected to work long hours/weekends"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I work with the research animals in our petcare center.

Saint Joseph, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI enjoy working with the animals a great deal. I also think that the company has personally treated me fairly for the most part. I also enjoy working with others that share my commiment to the welfare of the animals.

ConsWe are a very large company that sometimes does things that do not make sense at our center. Important choices are made at a very high level that have a huge impact on us and these choices are hard to follow. I also struggle at times with people that do not share my commiment to the animals.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see big rollouts like NCE given more time to be adapted before being thrust on the peons. NCE feels like another rubber stamp that we are forced to try when lots of aspects of the program just do not fit our work model.

Great sense of entitlement regardless of position or tenure. Open to new ideas.

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

ProsGreat work- life balance. Great people around you. Can bring pets to work.

ConsLow salaries compared to other CPG companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people more. Keep promoting from within.

Flag Review

Nestlé Purina PetCare Talent Sourcing responded to this review

Dec 20, 2013

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to hear you’re having a positive experience at Nestlé Purina! Regarding our compensation, we strive to stay competitive by running a market ... More

Great work environment. Passionate people.

Laboratory Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Nestlé Purina PetCare as an intern for less than a year

ProsPeople actually cared about what they were doing. The environment was professional but warm.

ConsOffices I worked in the R&D department were a little dark (new construction overshadowed our part of building)

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

We win at most things we attempt

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsRegardless of you area of functional expertise, you can learn from pros. Development plans and opportunities are very innovative. While base salaries may be lower, total comp is competetive. The leadership genuinely care about the associates.

ConsDeep talent pool can make it seem like a long haul to leadership for newer team members. Technology practices ( computer image) is frustrating at time since it is very rigid.

Advice to Senior ManagementTwo ears, one mouth. Listen twice as much as you talk.

Trade, Marketing, Advertising and Sales

Trade, Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
San Juan, PR

I worked at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIt is the world largest food company

ConsIt is restructuring and closing many division jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are leaving the best talent in all divisions and retaining medium to low talent employees

From an outside view of Fogelsville, PA

Forklift Operator (Former Employee)
Fogelsville, PA

I worked at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe best team would get a weeks paid vacation, based on productivity for a year.

ConsLots of damage in the warehouse, because of incentives. Forklift workers clowning around, lifting up the back of the forklift in front of them and laugh about it. Warning cards given out to workers who work unsafely. Workers would brag about how many cards they have collected.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs long as you ignore the problem, then there are no issues to contend with. With this information, there is nowhere for you to hide, or plead ignorant.

Flag Review

Nestlé Purina PetCare Talent Sourcing responded to this review

Dec 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing this information with us. The safety of our associates is top priority for us; we’ll be forwarding your feedback to our Factory leadership team.

.Nestle Purina Pet Care

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
King William, VA

I worked at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt was a great place to work and the associates were excellent to work with and I felt comfortable sharing ideas with them

ConsThe teams were good, but the team leaders were too busy looking out for themselves and did not treat the associates with fairness they were too busy trying to write someone up for anything they could find.

Advice to Senior Management;Management needs to listen to the associates and not continue to try to rule them or micromanage their people

Good Company to work for and cut your teeth in the Industry

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

ProsThe people, I can bring my pet(cat) to work

ConsPay seems to be a little below market, because of the work life balance .

Great place to work

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 5 years

Prosgreat culture and industry to work in

ConsI cant think of many cons

This is the first company I have found where everyone is content, enjoys, or overjoyed about their job!

Process Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for less than a year

ProsOne of the focuses of this company is work/life balance. Almost every company I have worked for claims this and does a pretty good job, but Nestle Purina goes out of their way to make this happen. I believe everyone is much more successful because of this. Being able to bring your pets to work at headquarters is a huge plus. It makes work more fun and can bring our passion of pets to the office every day!

ConsFor as large as Nestle is, I am surprised some of the benefits are not as good as other companies that I have worked for that are large companies, but smaller than Nestle.

Worked for Nestlé Purina PetCare? Contribute to the Community!

Nestlé Purina PetCare Videos

Nestlé Purina PetCare – Why Work for Us?

We Believe Pets and People are Better Together Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to improving the lives of cats and dogs through quality nutrition and care. Innovation… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nestlé Purina PetCare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nestlé Purina PetCare CEO Pat McGinnis. All 188 reviews posted anonymously by Nestlé Purina PetCare employees.