Nestlé Purina PetCare

Nestlé Purina PetCare Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Nestlé Purina PetCare President and CEO Pat McGinnis

Pat McGinnis

Pros:
  • "Out of all my 20 something friends I probably have the best work life balance"
    in 57 reviews
  • "Everyone loves to bring their pets to work, but the company is also focused on its associates"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "Too much talk of work life balance and no action, same with succession planning"
    in 11 reviews
  • "I work long hours and work every other weekend at least"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fun, secure place to work.

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsYou can move up quickly if you are willing to relocate. Pets are allowed at work in most roles, and there is a fair amount of flexibility in your work schedule. Diversity is heavily promoted and used as a factor in selecting candidates to interview. Vacation, health care and other benefits are above average.

ConsIf you are not mobile, advancement can be slow. Since the parent company is Swiss, the company is becoming more process-oriented and bureaucratic, which is making us less competitive in the marketplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementResist the bureaucratic tendencies of Nestle as long as possible. It is making us less competitive versus our competition.

Excellent Company!!!!

Anonymous (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsNestle Purina truly cares about its employees! Upper management definitely values each employee's contribution and recognizes that its people are an integral part of the company.

Coming from a company where there was absolutely no work-life balance, Purina has been absolutely wonderful.

ConsNone :) I absolutely love Nestle Purina!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep sharing your years of knowledge and experience, so that the company never loses its foundation (the 5 talks) :)

The people are what really makes Purina so special

Saint Louis, MO

ProsHaving the luxury of enjoying the time you spend at your job isn't a benefit everyone is able to receive. But at Purina, it seems to be a common theme no matter your functional area or location. The work is challenging and exciting and the people make it a fun place to be. Sometimes, the work is even fun. Pet's in the work place helps make the work place more relaxed and enjoyable environment.

ConsSometimes there is a lack of communication between management and associates about upcoming changes in the team's structure. Also, parking is an issues at headquarters. Please build a parking garage!

Flag Review
    Nestlé Purina PetCare Employment Branding Specialist responded to this review Jun 10, 2014 EditDelete
    We are so glad that you are able to enjoy the time you spend at work, which is definitely a rare benefit. Communication is key to a positive work environment, and we recognize that there is always ... More
  • We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company!

Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe people here are smart, considerate, team-oriented. There is opportunity for movement within the company, and management genuinely cares about your career goals and aspirations.

ConsBeing a big company, it is slow to move. Progress often takes longer because of multiple stakeholders.

Incredible Learning Experience

Intern Engineer (Former Employee)
    Flagstaff, AZ

ProsYou are given a lot of freedoms to learn and grow as an engineer here. You are given your own projects to manage, so you get excellent experience.

ConsNot true for all internships, but I worked during the school year which I found to be very stressful.

Flag Review
    Nestlé Purina PetCare Talent Sourcing responded to this review Apr 23, 2014 EditDelete
    We're so glad to hear you are gaining a lot of great experience from your Internship! We hope you consider us for a full-time role after graduation. You should visit our website at ... More

Great company in theory, but they do not believe in work/life balance at all.

Crete, NE

ProsLarge company with lots of advancement opportunity if you are willing to relocate.
    Benefits are well balanced between cost and quality.
    Everyone genuinely loves pets and wants to do what's best for them.
    The quality cannot be beat. I will never feed my pets anything again.

ConsI work long hours and work every other weekend at least. I am not allotted compensation time.
    Projects that are given to me are unrealistic to complete in the desired timeframe.
    Management is held to a completely different set of rules than anyone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your people a lot more. Promote people that are actually liked and personable instead of the most disliked person in the office.

Flag Review
    Nestlé Purina PetCare Employment Branding Specialist responded to this review May 5, 2014 EditDelete
    We really appreciate the feedback – thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. In particular, we take your comments regarding the current work/life balance and management concerns very ... More

New hire experience

Saint Louis, MO

ProsGreat work life balance, new hire training and orientation is world class, products that I really connect and believe in

ConsSo far the only issue is space with limited parking (what can you expect downtown)

Overall good company

Director (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsCulture, great people, St Louis friendly company.

ConsLong hours, many meetings, interdepartmental conflict

Advice to Senior ManagementSimplify processes and work on interdepartmental communication. Another group between sales and marketing is not needed.

manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsLots of variety in the type of assignments and across all of the brands. The market is constantly changing in the pet food arena. Employees generally work well together across silos and benefits are decent.

ConsBecause it is a good company to work for, there are a lot of people who have seniority based upon the number of years they have served so if you are new to the company there is a ladder to climb.

Great company to work for

Region Manager (Current Employee)

ProsPeople, culture, & passion to provide the best products for pets & their owners.

ConsWork load can be pretty heavy at times. Can be hard to manage work-life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a forward thinking approach and strive to find new innovations.

Worked for Nestlé Purina PetCare? Contribute to the Community!

Nestlé Purina PetCare Videos

Nestlé Purina PetCare – Why Work for Us?

We Believe Pets and People are Better Together Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to improving the lives of cats and dogs through quality nutrition and care. Innovation… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nestlé Purina PetCare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nestlé Purina PetCare CEO Pat McGinnis. All 227 reviews posted anonymously by Nestlé Purina PetCare employees.