Nestlé Purina PetCare

Updated September 15, 2014
4.4

Nestlé Purina PetCare President and CEO Pat McGinnis
Pat McGinnis

Pros
  • Everyone is very friendly and a healthy work-life balance is encouraged (in 67 reviews)

• Everyone loves to bring their pets to work, but the company is also focused on its associates (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Projects sometimes demands long hours, so employee needs to be protective of work-life balance during these times (in 13 reviews)

• I work long hours and work every other weekend at least (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Solid Performing Company with Leaders Who Care

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

From the CEO down, our leaders operate as one of the associates. They laugh at themselves during our annual awards program and are real people doing a job. Our CEO is called by his first name and personally knows a lot of people by name. Benefits are great and supervisors are flexible on work-life balance as long as you meet your project deadlines.

Cons

Sometimes the company-wide initiatives take up too much time. I know we have get some in, such as safety training, but they take time away from the real work.

I'd love to see them attend more of the events we have like our Family Day and get involved in our community outreach day -- PetCare Pride Day. I know they have huge responsibilities to manage, but if they're out there, associates would be even more inclined to participate

A truly great place to work!

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time

Pros

Work/life balance, personal and professional growth and an overall positive environment. Management values high performing associates and wants to see associates succeed.

Cons

Space seems to be maxed out. There is a need for more office space and more parking.

Continue to show your employees that they are valued. I enjoy working in an environment where I receive feedback often and there is an open door policy with management.

A high performing organization that's a great place to work.

Current Employee - Category Analyst  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Category Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A company that truly believes in it's morals and making the world a better and healthier place for our pets.
    - Industry gold standard in regards to employee training and experience
    - Amazing growth potential
    - Great work/life balance, real focus on the employees well being. (They pay for a 3 day workshop that is solely focused on making you your best self and providing a full wellness review with help from Personal Trainers and Nutritionists)

Cons

It's hard to find a real negative, the only challenge is that with such growth potential you are often thrown into the next role before you are fully comfortable in your current. However, I feel like this is one of the things that promotes such open discussion and constant learning.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent company that I am proud to represent.

Current Employee - Director  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great products, great people, great company.

Cons

None that would limit you.

Keep the culture and core values the same as they have been for quite some time.

Great company culture that lives up to it's mission

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nestle Purina is a great company to work for because it really does live up to it's value and mission. What you read on the company website and careers website does really hold true once you start working here. The campus itself is beautiful and has great amenities for employee's to take advantage of. One of my favorites is the onsite store where you can buy anything from snacks, treats for your pets, to frozen lunches to put in the fridge that is on your floor.

Cons

Parking can be a bit difficult depending on what time you come into the office, but even if you do have a park a little far away from your building, the campus is so pretty that it's not a big deal.

Keep up the good work!

Amazing Company to Work For

Current Employee - Coorindator  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Coorindator in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits
    Compensation
    Co- Workers
    Atmosphere
    Work Life Balance

The values and perks of this company are the best I have ever worked fore. They actually care about their employees, and the work atmosphere is fun and upbeat. Growth potential is great.

Cons

Presciption Benefits Could be a little better for name brand medications. Other than this one con, benefits are top notch.

Keep it up, and keep Nestle Puriina on top of the market

Great place to work long term

Current Employee - Storeroom Coordinator
    Current Employee - Storeroom Coordinator

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the atmosphere, most everyone enjoys their job and it shows. Safety is a huge concern for the company and they do not want you to do anything that is not safe, even for the sake of tonnage.

Cons

They give you just enough work to always be a little behind but never buried.

It would be nice to have a more centralized place for all company discounts. Some are on the nest, some through corporate perks and others through hr. Having it all in one place would make it a lot easier to get the most bang for our buck.

Sep 10, 2014Employment Branding Specialist

We are so happy that you enjoy our culture and atmosphere as much as we do. We agree that safety is our top priority, and it does have a positive impact on our work environment. And we care just as ... More

I hope to spend the rest of my very long career here

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare for more than a year

Pros

It's truly a family feel at Purina - the people truly and genuinely care about each other. And they'll go out of their way to help those around them. Everyone loves coming to work every day because the company has worked really hard to sustain its warm, inviting culture that embraces every single person regardless of who they are or where they came from. I can't wait to spend the rest of my career here!

Cons

Because they hire cream-of-the-crop talent, it's very hard to get in. I've tried referring a lot of wonderful people I know well, but because it's so competitive, they haven't gotten into the company.

Continue to keep the lines of communication open. When people are unaware of what's going on and why, it leaves them feeling confused, insecure and excluded.

Sep 10, 2014Employment Branding Specialist

So thrilled to hear about your experience – thanks for sharing! We definitely believe that our culture is one of the things that set us apart, and it’s the great people that make our wonderful ... More

Great place to work!

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people from senior leadership down to the entry level associates are great to work with, its a family atmosphere.

Cons

NPP has worked hard to create a very diverse environment, however like any big business at times there is a culture is some of the departments of promotions being handed out first to those that are friends with the leadership team, it doesn't mean that you will never get a chance to advance, just at times it takes longer.

keep up the good work.

Sep 10, 2014Employment Branding Specialist

We appreciate all of your hard work over the last several years! We try our best to spot top talent and fill open positions internally when possible. However, we don’t believe that this should be ... More

It was a good place to work most of the time

Former Employee - Veterinary Sales Consultant  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Veterinary Sales Consultant in San Jose, CA

I worked at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Remote Employee, Great Bonuses, Good perks if you have pets, Good Benefits, Lots of training

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity to move up. Atrocious team building efforts. Management not interested in fixing workplace issues. Year end reviews usually negative regardless of performance.

Listen to you employees when they need to voice their concerns especially if they are valuable employees. The team building efforts were not successful because middle and upper management were not invested in solving critical problems with communication.

Worked for Nestlé Purina PetCare? Contribute to the Community!