Nestlé Purina PetCare Reviews

442 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.
4.6
Nestlé Purina PetCare CEO Joseph R. Sivewright
Joseph R. Sivewright

Pros
  • The work/life balance is unlike anywhere else (in 107 reviews)

• Plus you can bring your pets to work (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • Can be hard to manage work-life balance (in 27 reviews)

• There is much work to tackle and I work long hours (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Inside scoop :)

Current Employee - TRR in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - TRR in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are multiple ones that can be listed, but the one that comes to mind immediately are the people throughout the company. I cannot even begin to list how ecstatic I am to be apart of an amazing company.

Cons

At this time I cannot think of anything negative to say about the company. I am thankful to be here and find the good in each day as much as I possibly can.

Advice to Management

Continue standing behind your employees encouraging & strengthening them along the way.

Nestlé Purina PetCare Response

Jun 25, 2015Human Resources Team

Thank you for your great feedback, and thanks for your dedication to the company! We agree that we have some amazing people here at Purina. We feel fortunate to come to work here and look forward to ... More

2. BEST place to work

Current Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Assistant Brand Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people here are great, the company is awesome to work for and great at developing leaders.

Cons

Everyone in St. Louis wants to work here.

Marketing

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture! You can bring your dog to work which really makes work life balance great! Really focused on professional development as well.

Cons

There isn't any cons. I love working here

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

The "Tall" Company

Current Employee - Production Manager in Fort Dodge, IA
    Current Employee - Production Manager in Fort Dodge, IA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nestle Purina is a company dedicated to accomplishing its mission, to have a Checkerboard in the home of every involved pet owner. They do this by acquiring and keeping talent in all positions. The opportunities are seemingly endless with this company. We have factories and research facilites all around the globe.

Cons

This is a large, successful company. With that comes the scrutiny of being a large, succesful company. We must always be preapred to address that scutiny in a calm and fact based manner. The tall tree always catched the most wind.

Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is no other place I can imagine working - The Company Roadmap clearly outlines what needs to be done to be successful as a company in the next 3-5 years. There is alot of work to be done, but I feel we are on the right path. People are helpful and enjoyable to work with. And you get to bring your dog to work!

Cons

I don't really have any cons - maybe the cafetaria food could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating your vision and the company priorities

Nestlé Purina PetCare Response

Jun 25, 2015Human Resources Team

Thank you for your feedback. Our roadmap is a helpful way to understand what the company plans for the next several years and how we can each contribute to Purina's success. The great people here are ... More

ba/da

Former Employee - BA/DA in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - BA/DA in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

laid back env. casual work attire and people

Cons

not much to learn, old technologies and autocracy

8. Great People, Challenging Work

Current Employee - Project Engineer
    Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Purina is full of great people to work with, especially at the factories. I have been able to integrate into different plants located in different parts of the country without any issues. This makes focusing on work that much easier and allows you to really make an impact in a short period of time. The people are what make this place fun to work at.

Another pro is the long term benefits. The company does actually invest in it's people like they say. This includes 401K, Pensions, and Health Savings Accounts in addition to other benefits like educational assistance and relocation assistance.

Purina is also a great place to work because the work is always challenging and changing which keeps things fresh at work. Projects and inniatives are always changing and are never the same. Though at times the initial change can be frustrating, it provides a platform to improve processes and gives you personally an opportunity to show case your skills in a variety of different areas. These opportunities give rise to career advancement.

One really good aspect about Purina is if you are not happy in a particular field, they allow you to explore opportunities in another. Perhaps you are more interested in quality than you are in production or you prefer technical jobs versus management positions, the company gives you freedom to make these choices and help place you where you are not only happy but where you perform the best. If you are looking for a long term career, this is the place to be.

Cons

The short term pay for technical skills (engineering, maintenance, science, controls) is slightly below average and this sometimes causes us to lose top talent to other industries. Due to the long term benefits being above average this does balance in the long run.

At times, work at the factories can get long and involve a lot of weekends. There are stretches where work/life gets blended. Any efforts to limit these stretches would help but in a manufacturing environment, it can be a lot easier said than done to manage this.

Advice to Management

Perks at corporate significantly outweight the perks employees get at the plants. Continue to make strides in this area, which has been happening, would go a long way. Developing solutions to keep and recruit top technical talent will also help ensure Purina remains a major player in the category. This can be through benefits like PTO, pay, and additional perks at the work place. Overall, this company does a great job caring for its people and when something isn't right, efforts are taken to correct this and that is a great thing. Keep up the good work in this area.

From a technical perspective, the company really needs to start focusing on building a new generation of controls engineers. As technology advances and old talent begins to move on, this will be an area we can improve on.

9. Compliance Specialist

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

Very good work life balance

Cons

Slow movement between different departments

10. ....

I worked at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

Friendly coworkers and strong company to add to resume.

Cons

Proud of other "perks" and it will affect the salary.

QA Technician

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Technician in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Technician in Allentown, PA

I worked at Nestlé Purina PetCare (More than a year)

Pros

Lot's of available overtime. Knowledgeable staff.

Cons

Mandatory overtime. Hot and sweaty environment during the summer.

RSS Feed </> Embed