Nestlé Purina PetCare

www.nestlepurinacareers.com
  www.nestlepurinacareers.com

Nestlé Purina PetCare Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.
1,000 Reviews
4.3
1,000 Reviews

Nestlé Purina PetCare President and CEO Pat McGinnis
Pat McGinnis

Pros
  • Work Life Balance: I am able to balance the work with my desire to be a dedicated family person (in 86 reviews)

• I also enjoy that everyone can bring their pets to work at the corporate office where I work (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • My only other 'complaint' is that work-life balance can sometimes be a struggle (in 21 reviews)

• Some weeks require long hours with little to no compensation time being offered by management (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

An absolutely amazing company to work for!

Current Employee - Communications Specialist  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Work/life balance
    - Flexible schedule
    - Culture
    - Great salary (in terms of my line of work)
    - Wonderful camaraderie among colleagues
    - Lots of travel opportunities
    - Pets at work
    - Sense of belonging

Cons

- New, fresh ideas sometimes not being heard or accepted
    - Some weeks require long hours with little to no compensation time being offered by management

For the most part, keep up the good work!

A Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Purina consistently tries to improve employee perks. We have a fitness center, a store, a cafeteria, dry cleaners that come in, nurses on duty, a groomer that comes onsite, a credit union that cashes checks even if you don't have an account. There is an employee review mechanism that is the envy of many. There is an external mechanism to report fraud/misdeeds. There are educational opportunities (online, onsite, and offsite) available to us all. We have a beautiful campus with free secured parking.

Cons

The only downsides to Purina are whatever is common to ALL huge companies. It's huge. Big deal.

Everything you want and more

Current Employee - Chemist  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Chemist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great work life balance; flexible schedule, on-site amenities (including awesome daycare, gym and aerobics room, store, bank, park, dog park); Wonderful upper management that are approachable and easy going; family like atmosphere

Cons

There are downsides? I can't think of any myself.

Keep up the good work. When Mr. McGinnis eventuallly retires, please replace him with a clone of himself.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Company I have every worked for!

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture at Nestle Purina is unmatched. The people are so passionate about pets and the people that love them. It's hard to understand if you are outside the organization. I enjoy the people I work with- the fact that they are here to do what's best for the business, the project, the initiative. It's not a "what's in it for me" culture, but rather "How can we make this better for the business." That's refreshing. I have worked in organizations that were populated by title chasers that were only concerned for themselves. This is not that place.

Cons

Promotions and new roles can be slow. We have a tenured workforce, but I believe this has more positives than negatives. Also, compensation can sometimes lag. But with so many positives and other benefits, it's easy to forget. I could go elsewhere and make more money, but I wouldn't be nearly as happy.

Keep doing what you are doing. Remain approachable and down to earth.

Every person is part of a team who wants to do their best.

Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Software Engineer  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

People are smiling, happy, always willing to help lend a hand or share knowledge to help you do your job better. The health benefits are top tier, the work is challenging, yet energizing. The Co-Workers always want to help you achieve your very best. When you first come into the company, they assign someone to you to teach you the culture, the industry, the business and what you need to know to be successful. Every so often, my boss will send me to a class to learn new skills and put them to immediate use! I have grown so much working for this company it is unbelievable how much I've grown as a result!.

Cons

We have an awesome corporate culture, a great work-life balance that I simply cannot find in other companies. It is hard to find an incentive to leave here. Every other company pales in comparison to Nestle Purina.
    It would be nice if we could bring our dogs to work at every company location.

Keep daring us to do better for the company. We will meet the challenge!

Lots of great opportunties, challenges, career growth and global exposure

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

NPPC has a GREAT culture and work life balance. We enjoy the benefits of a large company with lots of resources and technology while still feeling independant and family oriented. There are lots of growth opportunities as the large retirement eligible population starts leaving- great for Gen-Xers to take leadership positions.

Cons

Sometimes being owned by a large international company can be difficult as they try to align us with Nestle globally. However, this can be seen as an opportunity as well- its easiest to embrace it and gain global experience while taking a few global trips to work on projects.

Keep up the good work!

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time

Pros

Great people with a lot of passion about what we do

Cons

A lot of positions require travel

Good experience so far!

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly coworkers
    A lot of career and personal development opportunities
    Exposure to people and business practices from many different countries

Cons

A lot of process and policy but expected in a large organization
    Takes some time to get used to the acronyms and terminology but again expected in a large organization

Best-kept secret

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- A market leader (Purina) within a market leader (Nestle). The benefits of a down-home, midwestern culture and a huge, multi-national presence.
    - Consistent, solid performing Company, which translates to job security.
    - The Executive Leadership Team here is outstanding. They are approachable, sincere, and easy to follow.
    - Purina is willing to invest in its employees (compensation, benefits, work-life balance, training, resources, etc.)
    - If you love animals, you will feel like you've found the mother-ship. If you are indifferent to animals, you will grow to love them. The benefits of a pet-loving culture are really hard to explain. You really just have to experience it.

Cons

I've read some of the other reviews and noticed comments about slow upward mobility. This is primarily due to the fact that many choose to work here for their entire career. The down side of that is that you may not get that next "title" as quickly as you'd like. However, if you peform well, you will be compensated well. To me that's more important than a title. That said, there will be a substantial number of retirements over the next 5 years (barring another US economic melt-down). This will open up many senior level positions.

Keep doing what you're doing. It's working.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Purina has a wonderful, friendly, team-oriented culture. Great benefits -- including the ability to bring pets to work and an allowance toward a pet adoption. Management is very approachable; keeps employees informed.Turnover is low because people truly enjoy working here and are recognized and rewarded for achievements. On-site Company store and fitness center. Nice office space on a park-like campus (and we even have a dog park!) Flexible work hours.

Cons

Programs and projects driven by the parent company (Nestle) often take more time than seems necessary and can bog down the ability to do the work important to Purina.

Nestlé Purina PetCare Photos

Worked for Nestlé Purina PetCare? Contribute to the Community!