Nestlé Purina PetCare

www.nestlepurinacareers.com
  www.nestlepurinacareers.com

Nestlé Purina PetCare Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.
1,000 Reviews
4.3
1,000 Reviews

Nestlé Purina PetCare President and CEO Pat McGinnis
Pat McGinnis

Pros
  • The work/life balance here is definitely a perk for anyone here especially with children (in 100 reviews)

• I also enjoy that everyone can bring their pets to work at the corporate office where I work (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • My only other 'complaint' is that work-life balance can sometimes be a struggle (in 23 reviews)

• Some weeks require long hours with little to no compensation time being offered by management (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

An absolutely amazing company to work for!

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Work/life balance
    - Flexible schedule
    - Culture
    - Great salary (in terms of my line of work)
    - Wonderful camaraderie among colleagues
    - Lots of travel opportunities
    - Pets at work
    - Sense of belonging

Cons

- New, fresh ideas sometimes not being heard or accepted
    - Some weeks require long hours with little to no compensation time being offered by management

For the most part, keep up the good work!

Everything you want and more

Current Employee - Chemist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Chemist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great work life balance; flexible schedule, on-site amenities (including awesome daycare, gym and aerobics room, store, bank, park, dog park); Wonderful upper management that are approachable and easy going; family like atmosphere

Cons

There are downsides? I can't think of any myself.

Keep up the good work. When Mr. McGinnis eventuallly retires, please replace him with a clone of himself.

Best Company I have every worked for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture at Nestle Purina is unmatched. The people are so passionate about pets and the people that love them. It's hard to understand if you are outside the organization. I enjoy the people I work with- the fact that they are here to do what's best for the business, the project, the initiative. It's not a "what's in it for me" culture, but rather "How can we make this better for the business." That's refreshing. I have worked in organizations that were populated by title chasers that were only concerned for themselves. This is not that place.

Cons

Promotions and new roles can be slow. We have a tenured workforce, but I believe this has more positives than negatives. Also, compensation can sometimes lag. But with so many positives and other benefits, it's easy to forget. I could go elsewhere and make more money, but I wouldn't be nearly as happy.

Keep doing what you are doing. Remain approachable and down to earth.

Every person is part of a team who wants to do their best.

Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People are smiling, happy, always willing to help lend a hand or share knowledge to help you do your job better. The health benefits are top tier, the work is challenging, yet energizing. The Co-Workers always want to help you achieve your very best. When you first come into the company, they assign someone to you to teach you the culture, the industry, the business and what you need to know to be successful. Every so often, my boss will send me to a class to learn new skills and put them to immediate use! I have grown so much working for this company it is unbelievable how much I've grown as a result!.

Cons

We have an awesome corporate culture, a great work-life balance that I simply cannot find in other companies. It is hard to find an incentive to leave here. Every other company pales in comparison to Nestle Purina.
    It would be nice if we could bring our dogs to work at every company location.

Keep daring us to do better for the company. We will meet the challenge!

Lots of great opportunties, challenges, career growth and global exposure

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

NPPC has a GREAT culture and work life balance. We enjoy the benefits of a large company with lots of resources and technology while still feeling independant and family oriented. There are lots of growth opportunities as the large retirement eligible population starts leaving- great for Gen-Xers to take leadership positions.

Cons

Sometimes being owned by a large international company can be difficult as they try to align us with Nestle globally. However, this can be seen as an opportunity as well- its easiest to embrace it and gain global experience while taking a few global trips to work on projects.

Keep up the good work!

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time

Pros

Great people with a lot of passion about what we do

Cons

A lot of positions require travel

Good experience so far!

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very friendly coworkers
    A lot of career and personal development opportunities
    Exposure to people and business practices from many different countries

Cons

A lot of process and policy but expected in a large organization
    Takes some time to get used to the acronyms and terminology but again expected in a large organization

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Purina has a wonderful, friendly, team-oriented culture. Great benefits -- including the ability to bring pets to work and an allowance toward a pet adoption. Management is very approachable; keeps employees informed.Turnover is low because people truly enjoy working here and are recognized and rewarded for achievements. On-site Company store and fitness center. Nice office space on a park-like campus (and we even have a dog park!) Flexible work hours.

Cons

Programs and projects driven by the parent company (Nestle) often take more time than seems necessary and can bog down the ability to do the work important to Purina.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work-life balance for employees, large focus on employee improvement, many opportunities for advancement, amazing culture, bring your pets to work and great management style overall.

Cons

I do not have any cons about working here!

Keep doing what you are doing! Purina is a great place to work and a large part of that is due to the great guidance and openness of management.

Great work/life balance and benefits but promotions slow.

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Out of all my 20 something friends I probably have the best work life balance. The culture here is outstanding. Very upbeat and team oriented. Salary is good but not great. The fact that we get a pension is amazing in this day and age. It's comforting to work at a company that has a history of steady profits still with a lot of room to grow.

Cons

As others have said on here. Because of the great work/life balance and culture a lot of directors and VPs have been in their positions for ever and won't leave until they retire. This causes two major problems. #1 promotions are of the kind.....wait for John Smith to retire. There's very little leaving of the company. And #2 Slow to innovate internal policies and procedures. Purina is also behind on technology. Our office phones were manufactured in the 90s. And people that travel internationally on a constant basis aren't able to obtain a company phone. I understand that makes it seem like I'm just complaining about the phones but it's really a bigger problem. I realize this isn't Google, but it's not some mom and pop operation either.

Continue to innovate internal procedures and policies. If I had a dollar for every time the answer to one of my questions was "Because we've always done it that way" I could retire 5 years earlier. You're doing a great job striving for higher profits and business results, keep striving for that as well with employees. The baby boomer's reign is quickly coming to an end. Time to start thinking like a Generation Y, who will day be leading this company.

Nestlé Purina PetCare Photos