Nestlé Purina PetCare

www.nestlepurinacareers.com

Great culture

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

Wonderful place to start a career. Great growth opportunities and friendly employees!

Cons

some could say limited growth but it really depends where you are

This is am amazing company to work for.

Current Employee - Buyer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Buyer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

Pay, benefits and work/family time

Cons

I have no cons about this job

Invested in Employees

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Strong focus on employee development and career advancement; passionate pet owners; collaborative environment; excellent research facilities and product

Cons

Fearful Nestle' European culture is creeping into Purina

I'll never leave!!! (unless I win the lottery)

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company truly believes in and is passionate about what they do
    Respect from leadership
    Diverse culture
    Too many learning opportunities to count
    Great benefits
    On-site medical dept, fitness center and child care
    Amazing work/life balance
    PETS AT WORK!!!
    Free parking for Cardinals games! :)
    The campus is beautiful and well-maintained

Cons

The internal interview process is as challenging as for those who don't already work for the company.

Keep up the good work...you make us feel appreciated and valued!

Don't invest in their employees like they say

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Nestlé Purina PetCare as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

-you can bring your dog to work which is a major benefit
    -flex hours for most departments, meaning you can choose your own hours within a certain window
    -dog park on campus and community involvement

Cons

-a lot of employees are contract based, meaning they don't receive any benefits (from utilizing the company gym to bringing their pet)
    -campus is extremely large and a lot of times upper management won't make time to meet with you
    -didn't see much investment in their employees... primary focus of the management was to move themselves up in the company

Create more full-time spots for employees that want to be there. If you invest in your people, they will invest in you.

Nestlé Purina provides an atmosphere that encourages personal development and growth within the organization.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer II, Mechanical Design in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer II, Mechanical Design in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nestlé Purina promotes work-life balance with an overall focus on the employee's safety, health and environment in which they must work. Each employee trust each other with their safety which is tantamount to trusting each other with their well being.

Cons

The incorporation of advanced methods to perform task that are outdated, however intrinsic to the "Tribal Knowledge" culture is a challenge to implement. But, with time, this presents opportunities for further investigation into changing the culture to accept new methodologies.

Continue to promote a platform that encompasses diversity of ideas, comments and even critical critiques within the organization. Overall, management appears to function in the best interest of the company, employee and, of course, pets. Continue to do so.

I love my job and the company I work for

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

I love animals and working for a company that really cares about their products and how they can better the nutrition and lives of all pets. I love how Purina puts so many resources into helping animals in need. My favorite part of the job is talking with consumers about their pets and being able to give back to them and their animals when possible. On top of all of that, Purina really cares about its employees and truly promotes growth within the organization.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons relating to my job or the company during the time I have been here.

They do a great job of listening to what employees are saying and working with them to solve needs/issues if/when they arise. Great training, especially the New Employee Orientation that brings new employees from throughout the organization together to learn about Purina, its brands, and its business units.

Working at Purina is an everyday enlightment!

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People are very welcoming and it helps to feel part of a very strong work-family! The work-life balance is the best I've ever experienced and to be able to bring your dog to work helps people be happy, friendly and not stressed at all! Plus, being part of a worlwide company makes the opportunities even bigger and bolder.

Cons

I truly can't find cons to work here at Nestle Purina.

The worklife balance, the promotions and personal growth are already being discussed and I think it makes people who work here very special.

ABSOLUTE BEST PLACE I'VE EVER WORKED!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare (more than 10 years)

Pros

Having grown up in St. Louis, I had always heard Purina is a great place to work. However, I never could've imagined how great it really is. The culture is absolutely amazing. As a testament to how great it is, it is commonplace to celebrate 20, 30, and 40 year anniversaries with the company. The workplace is extremely flexible and supportive. It truly is a collaborative environment. There is a really strong emphasis on professional development and getting employees ready for and on the right path to the career they are interested in. In my first week, my manager asked me where in the company I would like to go next. I think this speaks volumes to upper management!

Cons

Because so many people have been with the company for many many years, upward movement has been difficult in the past. However, 30% of the workforce is expected to retire in upcoming years, which will cause a lot of movement.

Keep up the good work. Couldn't be happier!

There's no place like Purina!

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Purina has an amazing culture! There's an awesome history of innovation, support of associate development, pride in what we do, and a wide range of benefits. The St Louis offices are pet-friendly, and as a new parent, I greatly appreciate the flexibility I have in my schedule, as well as management's dedication to maintaining strong work-life balance.

Cons

As with many large companies, sometimes change is slow, and there can be corporate red tape to wade through. Unfortunately I don't think consumers see Purina in as positive a light as we see from the inside.

Continue to push our position in the category and continue to engage with consumers, especially via social media. Please consider finding a way to create more space on campus! I look forward to seeing Joe Sivewright continue Pat McGinnis's legacy as new CEO next year, maintaining our culture and dedication to pets and their people.

Nestlé Purina PetCare Response

Dec 22, 2014Nestlé Purina Human Resources Team

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experiences with us! As you know, there are some big changes happening internally that we are excited about announcing to our consumers in the upcoming year. We ... More

Nestlé Purina PetCare Photos