Nestlé Purina PetCare

Updated October 17, 2014
4.4

Nestlé Purina PetCare President and CEO Pat McGinnis
Pat McGinnis

Pros
  • The work/life balance here is definitely a perk for anyone here especially with children (in 99 reviews)

• I also enjoy that everyone can bring their pets to work at the corporate office where I work (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • My only other 'complaint' is that work-life balance can sometimes be a struggle (in 23 reviews)

• Some weeks require long hours with little to no compensation time being offered by management (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Nestle Purina allows associates to develop to their full potential!

Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

1. Continuous improvement culture...every associate is always learning and improving
    2. We're pet-centric and can bring our pets to work...such a great atmosphere to be surrounded by pet lovers!
    3. Our culture is encouraging, empowering and team-based.
    4. We expect to win and be leaders in our category. It's very motivating to work here.

Cons

1. Can't really think of any. I've worked at other places and the culture and work here is truly special and satisfying. I'm now in my 17th year here, and I have had many challenging and rewarding jobs, and i hope to stay until I retire!

Ethical Through and Through

Current Employee - Supply Planning Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Supply Planning Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Perfect balance between establishing an environment to drive continuous improvement while maintaining the right structure for individual accountability. Employs many functional experts. Spend a few minutes and you’ll know right away people knows their stuff.

Cons

Needs of a multi-generational workforce cannot be met with a simple HR approach. Company is making great strides with employee feedback via surveys that are driving real action.

Don’t get over accommodating on work life balance; the title is still work.

Great place to work! Good culture and interesting business.

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very collaborative environment. Teams work together and usually work well across departments.

Cons

Lot of red tape and bureaucracy, makes it take a long time to get projects completed. (But this is true of most very large organizations. )

My experience has been challenging but great.

Current Employee - Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great culture, great opportuinites, decent pay

Cons

lots of working from home, off shift hours occasionally

Best job I've ever had.

Current Employee - Formulation & Optimization Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Formulation & Optimization Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly, helpful co-workers who communicate well and are receptive to input. Training opportunities are available and internal networking is encouraged as management wants people to find a role that best suits them.

Cons

Really none so far. As with any large organization there will be some processes that take longer than would seem to.

Thankful Every Day to Work at Purina

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love working at Purina because I'm surrounded by smart and welcoming people. The company encourages each employee to find and honor their work/life balance. And, being a dog owner, I love that all of the work we do ultimately ties back to pet welfare. They strongly advocate employee growth and continued education.

Cons

Nestle mandates a lot of formalities. Processes that could be so simple are often clunky and time consuming, such as booking travel, creating expense reports, etc.

I really appreciate how open upper management is with the current status of the business and upcoming goals. There is transparency. Keep it up! Employees want to know.

Excellent Place to Work

Current Employee - Engineering Assistant in Crete, NE
    Current Employee - Engineering Assistant in Crete, NE

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people I work with are fantastic. I can truly say I enjoy coming to work everyday and I enjoy the projects I work on. The pay and benefits are also a major plus. Purina also has an excellent training program for students graduating college. The program gives you ample opportunities and time to learn with the expectation that you will develop into a leadership role within Purina.

Cons

Some of the factories are in small communities. If you are used to living in a bigger city or want to live in a city with more to offer, the commute can be 25 to 45 minutes.

Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked in a number of businessed through my career. This is honestly the best place I've ever worked. The people are commited and enthusiastic. The energy and passion about the business is palpable. People actually talk to each other and care about what they're doing. It's definitely more than a job--it's a career. I think I'll be ending my career with this company.

Cons

You need to be prepared for the pace. Things happen very quickly and you need to be ready to dive in and respond. I don't think this kind of environment is for everyone but I find it very dynamic and responsive.

Keep building transparency. Communication is always a challenge within any organization and this one is no different. You can never communicate too much.

Best Place to Work

Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible time, pet free environment, welcome atmosphere and much more

Cons

Too maby processes and policies..

This is the BEST place I have worked for in my 33 years of working!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The values this company holds for its employees go above and beyond other companies I have worked for. I worked in Chicago for fourteen years, and I never experienced the compassion I have here.

The work-life balance here, in most departments, is amazing. Senior Management really gets involved in all of the events that take place here and show pride when they do. I feel my salary is very fair for the position I am in. I couldn’t ask for better bosses to work for. I have been here for almost 9 years and this is my third position. Even though I had the same career in each role, I learn more about the company as I go. I know a lot of people in the company who have had career changes and love their new role even more so than the last one.

I highly recommend this company to all of my friends. Nestle Purina PetCare is truly the BEST place to work.

Cons

I don't know of any cons.

The only thing I would suggest is giving more PTO time after 10 years.

Nestlé Purina PetCare Photos