Nestlé Purina PetCare Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

Marketing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture! You can bring your dog to work which really makes work life balance great! Really focused on professional development as well.

Cons

There isn't any cons. I love working here

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is no other place I can imagine working - The Company Roadmap clearly outlines what needs to be done to be successful as a company in the next 3-5 years. There is alot of work to be done, but I feel we are on the right path. People are helpful and enjoyable to work with. And you get to bring your dog to work!

Cons

I don't really have any cons - maybe the cafetaria food could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating your vision and the company priorities

Jun 25, 2015 – Human Resources Team

Thank you for your feedback. Our roadmap is a helpful way to understand what the company plans for the next several years and how we can each contribute to Purina's success. The great people here are ... More

The "Tall" Company

Current Employee - Production Manager in Fort Dodge, IA
    Current Employee - Production Manager in Fort Dodge, IA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nestle Purina is a company dedicated to accomplishing its mission, to have a Checkerboard in the home of every involved pet owner. They do this by acquiring and keeping talent in all positions. The opportunities are seemingly endless with this company. We have factories and research facilites all around the globe.

Cons

This is a large, successful company. With that comes the scrutiny of being a large, succesful company. We must always be preapred to address that scutiny in a calm and fact based manner. The tall tree always catched the most wind.

5. Category Development Manager

I worked at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great overall company. Most employees are passionate about their jobs and brands they represent.

Cons

In some cases out-skilled employees are able to stay in roles too long, even if they are toxic to the company and rest of the team. Stronger leadership was an opportunity in the last role I had at Purina.

Advice to Management

Find ways to better cater to the millennial generation of workforce: better training, flexibility, etc.

Aug 19, 2015 – Human Resources Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We agree that we have a strong culture with passionate associates! We would like to note that we do have a strong focus on training and learning for ... More

ba/da

Former Employee - BA/DA in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - BA/DA in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

laid back env. casual work attire and people

Cons

not much to learn, old technologies and autocracy

7. Great People, Challenging Work

Current Employee - Project Engineer
    Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Purina is full of great people to work with, especially at the factories. I have been able to integrate into different plants located in different parts of the country without any issues. This makes focusing on work that much easier and allows you to really make an impact in a short period of time. The people are what make this place fun to work at. Another pro is the long term benefits. The company does actually invest in it's people like they say. This includes 401K, Pensions, and Health Savings Accounts in addition to other benefits like educational assistance and relocation assistance. Purina is also a great place to work because the work is always challenging and changing which keeps things fresh at work. Projects and inniatives are always changing and are never the same. Though at times the initial change can be frustrating, it provides a platform to improve processes and gives you personally an opportunity to show case your skills in a variety of different areas. These opportunities give rise to career advancement. One really good aspect about Purina is if you are not happy in a particular field, they allow you to explore opportunities in another. Perhaps you are more interested in quality than you are in production or you prefer technical jobs versus management positions, the company gives you freedom to make these choices and help place you where you are not only happy but where you perform the best. If you are looking for a long term career, this is the place to be.

Cons

The short term pay for technical skills (engineering, maintenance, science, controls) is slightly below average and this sometimes causes us to lose top talent to other industries. Due to the long term benefits being above average this does balance in the long run. At times, work at the factories can get long and involve a lot of weekends. There are stretches where work/life gets blended. Any efforts to limit these stretches would help but in a manufacturing environment, it can be a lot easier said than done to manage this.

Advice to Management

Perks at corporate significantly outweight the perks employees get at the plants. Continue to make strides in this area, which has been happening, would go a long way. Developing solutions to keep and recruit top technical talent will also help ensure Purina remains a major player in the category. This can be through benefits like PTO, pay, and additional perks at the work place. Overall, this company does a great job caring for its people and when something isn't right, efforts are taken to correct this and that is a great thing. Keep up the good work in this area. From a technical perspective, the company really needs to start focusing on building a new generation of controls engineers. As technology advances and old talent begins to move on, this will be an area we can improve on.

Aug 19, 2015 – Human Resources Team

Thank you for your review! We agree that we have great people here at Purina, and we’re glad that you have felt the positive impact of your work. We’re proud to invest in our associates and give ... More

8. Compliance Specialist

Pros

Very good work life balance

Cons

Slow movement between different departments

9. SR. Consultant ISIT

Current Employee - Senior Consultant ISIT in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant ISIT in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time

Pros

Family like atmosphere. I returned to NPPC after working in the GC AMS/RGO for over 9 years. My first 2 weeks have been so pleasant. I forgot how concerned NPPC managers and co/workers are about individuals in general.

Cons

I don't have any cons!

Advice to Management

Talk to other organizations within Nestle about work balance. Other employees within other companies are really complaining about the lack of work load balance.

10. ....

Pros

Friendly coworkers and strong company to add to resume.

Cons

Proud of other "perks" and it will affect the salary.

Jul 30, 2015 – Human Resources Team

Thank you for providing your feedback. We agree that we are a culture of very great people. We are certainly proud of our perks, but we did want to note that our salaries for all positions are based ... More

QA Technician

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Technician in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Technician in Allentown, PA

I worked at Nestlé Purina PetCare (More than a year)

Pros

Lot's of available overtime. Knowledgeable staff.

Cons

Mandatory overtime. Hot and sweaty environment during the summer.

RSS Feed </> Embed