Nestlé Purina PetCare

Updated September 15, 2014
4.4

Nestlé Purina PetCare President and CEO Pat McGinnis
Pat McGinnis

Pros
  • Everyone is very friendly and a healthy work-life balance is encouraged (in 67 reviews)

• Everyone loves to bring their pets to work, but the company is also focused on its associates (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Projects sometimes demands long hours, so employee needs to be protective of work-life balance during these times (in 13 reviews)

• I work long hours and work every other weekend at least (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Some of the most intelligent, passionate people I have ever worked with!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I'm challenged everyday in my job. This company continues to impress me year after year with the morale and dedicatio of their people. We are a part of a focused, fun and impressive team whose goal is to lead the way in pet care.

Cons

As with any job, the pace of work at different times can be challenging but I always feel supported and never lose steam to work toward our common goal.

Jul 17, 2014Employment Branding Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us! We love hearing that you are as confident in Purina’s integrity and standards as we are. You make a great point that success is driven by the support ... More

all in all good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good pay and benefits great coworkers

Cons

lots of hours micro managed

quit working employees into the ground

Been here 17 years and hope to retire from Purina

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people first, and then the business. It's nice to know your products are making a difference in the lives of family pets.

Cons

Political. Being good at your job is just the cost of entry. You must be willing to step out and tell people what you are doing. That's not always a bad thing, but you can't just let your work speak for itself...you have to put the time in to get to know leadership if you want to advance.

Better career advancement advice (how to network successfully)

Jul 9, 2014Employment Branding Specialist

First, thank you so much for your long-standing commitment to our company. We hope that you continue to enjoy the years ahead. And, thank you for sharing your honest feedback. You brought forward a ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, great culture

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great culture, wonderful people, diversity of thought, innovative, work-life focused, can develop both personally and professionally

Cons

have had a great experience with the company so far

As we continue to grow, keeping work-life balance of employees top of mind.

stagnant

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

strong work-life balance, pets at work perk, on site fitness center, open campus rather than one office tower, on site day care

Cons

pay is not competitive with other companies; opportunities for advancement fluctuate greatly from manager to manager; easy to get put into a silo with littte to no chance of moving up or out of a department

some departments are simply too big for a managing director to truly understand what's going on under him. It's very easy for a manager or team leader to coast along, which hurts the development or advancement of those under them.

Jul 30, 2014Employment Branding Specialist

Thanks for your feedback. While we are happy to hear that there are several perks you are happy with, we appreciate you sharing a few areas of opportunity. Please know we’ll be passing your comments ... More

management is horriable

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

pay is good for the work performed very commented to pet food and pet care

Cons

no personal time work comes first long hrs lots of overtime poor management lots of politics

Jul 17, 2014Employment Branding Specialist

We really appreciate your feedback, and we’re sorry to hear about your work/life balance. Our leadership team has recognized that there is an opportunity for improvement of our work-life balance ... More

Ok place to start a career

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Job stability, can bring your dog to work,

Cons

50% over 50 workforce. lack of innovation, work life balance, compensation

Jul 1, 2014Employment Branding Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are happy that you recognize Purina’s reputation for sustaining a long-term, fulfilling career. However, you bring up a great point. As a result of our long ... More

BEST place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work environment is amazing. Everyone is very friendly and a healthy work-life balance is encouraged. All associates have endless opportunities for career and personal development. Being able to bring "Man's best Friend" everyday to work is something you just don't see at companies. The leadership within the company is also profound and very forward thinking. I'm constantly asking myself "What's next?" as associates are encouraged to be creative no matter their role. This is definitely a company that stands by it's values which is why going to work everyday is such a pleasure.

Cons

At this time, nothing worth mentioning

Continue to have and expand transparency within the company as well as continue to encourage creativity with a good work-life balance

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The one thing that I like most about my job is "Flex Time". By working half-days on Fridays I have an extended weekend every week. Can get extra business taken care of or can just relax. It's great!

Cons

Hiring additional administrative support should be considered when hiring additional team members. Often, the number of team members increases but the administrative support staff for teams does not increase. This adds pressure/stress when the administrative assistant is out sick or takes PTO.

Nestle Purina, a great place to be.

Current Employee - Director  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Nestle Purina is a great company because we invest in both our products and our people. I feel like my personal area of responsibilty is both valued and appreciated. The positive culture and focus on being the best at what we do makes this a great place to work.

Cons

Nothing of any signifigance that negatively affects me or my performance.

Keep on expecting the best out of all of us and appreciating the contribution we all make to making this a special place to be a part of.

Worked for Nestlé Purina PetCare? Contribute to the Community!