Nestlé Purina PetCare

www.nestlepurinacareers.com

Best place I have worked in my life

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Even though I am very busy relative to my past company, I feel more appreciated. Work life balance is something Purina always talks about and I appreciate that. I have a lot of responsibility in my role and I like that. However, my leaders respect my time and want me to have a balanced life. I love the culture and how people respect each other. Even as a new person, my opinion was highly valued

Cons

Even though I am not dissatisfied, benefits on vacation/sick time could be better. Since I have small children, I have to use my Vacation time as sick time. I wish those were seperate

Keep working on taking action on making work life balance better

First year review of NPPC

Current Employee - Maintenance
    Current Employee - Maintenance

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay, pension, vacation and vacation pay, 401k, medical benifits. Working for a large company is nice in many ways. Before my one year anniversary I was already enrolled in offsite electrical/PLC training. I have been trying to get into trainig with previous jobs for 8 years now!

Cons

GO GO GO. Big company has goals it needs to reach. Very fast paced environment. I personally like it. Keeps me on my toes.

At times there seems to be confusion in the department I am part of. My Team lead isnt always involved in the planning of jobs and work to be done on down days and so on. I am not sure what the reason is. Maybe he has too many other things going on. Also there seems to be a handful of people that like to create busy work. Not a big problem, but i beleieve it would be more effiecent if the group was lead by one person, and that person had all the schedueling and manpower arranged.

Dec 22, 2014Nestlé Purina Human Resources Team

Hello! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your role at Purina and are taking full advantage of the training opportunities. Thank you for sharing your feedback about the confusion within your ... More

Excellent Company to Work at!!

Current Employee - Internal Auditor in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Internal Auditor in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Purina provides an excellent opportunity to become part of an amazing business, being surrounded by high acheiving professionals who care about your success. The work life balance is above average, with plenty of engagement opportunities around the St. Louis area.

Cons

Due to the large complexity of the company, receiving personal, hands on training can be difficult to get.

Great company culture.

Current Employee - Organizational Development Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Organizational Development Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nestle Purina is committed to excellence. I love working for an industry leader with strong organizational integrity and lots of opportunities for career development. It's a company that takes care of it's people. I'm proud to tell people that I work at Purina.

Cons

Being such a large company at times things are slow-moving and somewhat resistant to change. However, innovation is valued and rewarded. It just takes a certain kind of tact in approaching and addressing changes to strategy or process.

Integrity and doing what is right is paramount to every decision made at Purina.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Ownership of my career and goals. Solid benefits that reflect the companies belief that our team deserves compensation that is not just competative, but a leader in the business world. Leadership at all levels Cooper on down walk the walk at all times and it shows in support of everyone at Purina.

Cons

If you question your self drive or your desire for excellence at ALL LEVELS, this may not be a good fit long term.

Buy Purina back from Nestle.

A very special culture that delivers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pride in producing great pet food. Culture is centered on five principles (talls). It offers very good benefits (defined benefit pension plan, pets allowed in the workplace, day care on campus, etc.). Very good corporate citizen with contributions to local and national organizations, pet and human. Finally, a significant percentage of employees will become retirement eligible within five years; thus, advancement opportunity.

Cons

The culture does not value, hopefully yet, cross-departmental career moves. This means that a younger employee interested in moving across functions (Sales, Finance, Marketing, etc.) will have to work harder to achieve the transfer.

Nov 21, 2014Manager of Talent Sourcing

Hello. I’m Jadea and I’m the manager of our employment brand. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoy the many aspects of Purina’s culture – thanks for sharing! I’m sorry to hear that you don’t feel ... More

Valuable CPG Experience

Former Employee - Shelf Analyst in Dublin, CA
    Former Employee - Shelf Analyst in Dublin, CA

I worked at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nestle Purina does a very good job at training their new hires in how to do their job well. The company itself takes pride in its products and you can see/feel it in their employees. Everyone that i have come in contact with has been super friendly and helpful.

Cons

This is an onsite role so creating and maintaining a healthy relationship with your counterparts was challenging. In the previous role, I worked at the headquarters and all of my resources were at my fingertips. This role is much different where I am sitting in the client building where I am physically away from my team. It made it difficult for me to get my barrings when it comes to sales updates, category trends, and even just the day to day happenings.

Upper management was one of the best I have worked with. I have met and spoken to all of them and each are very personable and very much interested in my career advancement. I really enjoyed getting to know and learning from them.

Not bad but not good

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. Animals are treated well. Facility looks nice. There are dog and cat food discounts at company store.

Cons

Horrible upper management at St. Joseph facility. No understanding of work done on floor. No respect for employee opinion. No chance for advancement until someone retires. Even then a lot of jobs are not posted management puts who they want in them and calls it restructuring.

Come out and work on the floor. Act as though you are a new employee in training with no "I'm better than you" attitude

Jan 23, 2015Nestlé Purina Human Resources Team

Thank you for the feedback that you took the time to provide – it’s really helpful to understand the concerns you have shared. The issues you brought forward, particularly around career advancement ... More

Highly stressful environment!

Current Employee - Petcare Technician in Saint Joseph, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The animals are like pets! They are loved and well taken care of! The research is fun and exciting and noninvasive.

Cons

Where do I start? The stress level for people working on the floor is off the charts! Upper management is just a big clic so there is no one you can go to for help and understanding! They are tied with St. Louis, so there is no hope! There are so many added tasks and requests made of the employees that it is nearly impossible to do the job you're hired for. It's never enough and you're not good enough no matter how hard you try. If you're a good employee, more gets piled on. If you're a slacker, you get away with it and receive less tasks. The stress level is so extremely high that the employees stew and fight! No one will fix the issues. Instead of reprimanding one employee, the whole team pays the price. Morale is low and it is a dread to get out of bed everyday. If it weren't for the animals, no employee would stick around! Is there anyone out there who will listen?

Please listen!!!

Jan 23, 2015Nestlé Purina Human Resources Team

Thank you for the feedback that you took the time to provide – it’s really helpful to understand the concerns you have shared. As mentioned in my comment on another review form one of your ... More

I have been here for a long time and I plan to stick around for a long time

Current Employee - Director of Procurement in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Director of Procurement in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time

Pros

I have been with the company for 38 years and I still enjoy coming to work everyday. If I had the chance, I would do it all over again.

Cons

With any company, there are relationship issues with certain people that are difficult to resolve. Seniority often rules in such cases as opposed to root cause.

There is far tyoo much talk of the LTIP program and our need to hit targets for LTIP payout in front of people not in the program. Instead of motivating such people to help hit desired targets, such talk becomes de-motivating. The message recieved is "you have to help me max out my incentive pay."

Nestlé Purina PetCare Photos