Nestlé Purina PetCare

Updated December 15, 2014
4.6

Nestlé Purina PetCare President and CEO Pat McGinnis
Pat McGinnis

Pros
  • The work/life balance here is definitely a perk for anyone here especially with children (in 107 reviews)

• I also enjoy that everyone can bring their pets to work at the corporate office where I work (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • My only other 'complaint' is that work-life balance can sometimes be a struggle (in 27 reviews)

• Some weeks require long hours with little to no compensation time being offered by management (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Purina is a great company that encourages learning, personal development, and time with your family.

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Purina has great perks such as bringing your pets to work, flex time, free development courses (on campus), fun service day activities, and events that bring together the whole company. Also, my salary has been adjusted to fit with market standards and I receive raises and a yearly bonus.

Cons

Sometimes the deadlines can be stressful, as with any job. Being an employee does not get you any privelages when applying for another position. You go into the pool of applicants with everyone else.

Be more open about compensation with different positions in the company. It is hard to know if how if I am getting paid equally with my counterparts. As a woman, this is important to me.

Nov 5, 2014Nestlé Purina Human Resources Team

Hi and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Purina as an employer. We love hearing that you are happy in your career with us. We take great pride in our hiring process which has ... More

Truly an amazing place to work

Current Employee - Public Relations in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Public Relations in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment - very open and challenging, intelligent and passionate people, some of the best perks in St. Louis, and a company that really cares about its people and community.

Cons

Work life balance can be difficult in peak seasons

Keep fighting and pushing employees to win the key and necessary battles - I have complete faith they are leading us in the right direction

My career at Nestle Purina has been amazing - 20 years working for a great company and with great people!

Current Employee - Region Finance Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Region Finance Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Purina has amazing leadership, employees, and has a great culture. I work in the sales organization and it's fast paced, competitive but very rewarding and we do get to have a lot of fun while working to keep everyone feeling rewarded.

Cons

Work life balance can be an issue if you let it. There's always more work that can be done, and given the competitive environment, that's probably what I hear the most complaints about. My advice - manage your own work-life balance as its in your hands...

Keep up the great work:) But, please don't allow any outside culture to change what we have at Purina...

I Think I'm a Lifer

Current Employee - Communications in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Communications in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work-life balance for my position; I truly enjoy what I do; great perks, like a fitness center on-site, store, daycare, beautiful parks and lakes

Cons

while most of the people who work here are great to collaborate with, there are a select few that make work difficult and at times less than enjoyable. But you get that with any job.

A company you can be proud to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King William, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King William, VA

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment and opportunities for advancement not restricted to your original field of work. Ideal if you like to explore your potential to the fullest.
    Great benefit's package including domestic partner's benefits and respect for diversity.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Best Company to Work For!

Current Employee - Veterinary Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Veterinary Sales Consultant

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company really cares about its people. Work-life balance is great and there is great leadership. Management goes out of its way to get to know their people and understand what is important to them. There is also a lot of autonomy, and employees are trusted to do their jobs in a way that suits them. The employees at Purina are also great people, with everyone having a common bond-love for their pets!

Cons

At times there is some disorganization within the company, but it is being improved everyday.

Oct 27, 2014Nestlé Purina Human Resources Team

We are glad to hear that you have seen how much we care about our people. Our people are our greatest assets and we are working hard to make sure that is apparent to our associates. Thank you for ... More

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant I in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant I in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Employees are warm and friendly

Cons

Trading $ for hours is always a con

Keep up the good work!

production

Former Employee - Product Specialist I in Davenport, IA
    Former Employee - Product Specialist I in Davenport, IA

I worked at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working for this great company. Always felt very like an important part of their team. Good pay and benefits were a plus at this job

Cons

I did not like the hours with my growing family and felt I would prefer a day shift over second shift which is the only reason I decided to look else where

Oct 27, 2014Nestlé Purina Human Resources Team

Thank you for sharing your experience working at our Davenport Factory. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with Purina! Our leadership team has been working hard to come up with ... More

Communications Contractor

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

Friendly environment, pets on campus

Cons

Parking can be a pain if you don't get there by 8:30am

I Love working for NPPC!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Purina is truely employee oriented. Benefits are great and even include retirement! The people I work with have a great work ethic and are experts at what they do. Purina puts a lot of time and effort into growing their management team into fantastic people managers.

Cons

I work off campus so I don't enjoy all of the benefits of working at "The Square" (We can't bring our dogs to work)

Consider the employees that don't work on campus, and make sure they are happy too.

Nestlé Purina PetCare Photos