Nestlé Reviews

Updated October 21, 2014
3.5

Nestlé CEO Paul Bulcke
Paul Bulcke

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent, pretty laid back at retail level (in 19 reviews)

• Extremely healthy work environment between peers, co-workers, and superiors (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • My manager ( not married) has a different sense of work life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Poor career management with too much time spent in networking to get next position (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company with strong values

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

I worked at Nestlé full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Really nice people, strong brands, strong ethics and values; they really do want to do what's right for the employee and the customer; average pay and benefits; good ability for promotions and global opportunities, short & long term; half day Fridays in the summer, company store

Cons

Slow to actually effect change; many of the newly appointed senior leaders are not people-people and it is having a detrimental effect on the culture; people are overworked and under appreciated

Stop micro managing; show that you truly care about your people; bring back fun in the workplace; agree on a plan and work the plan

Great Learning Experience, Area of Expertise Determines Trajectory

I worked at Nestlé

Pros

Great benefits, smart colleagues, strong training structure. Focus on safety.

Cons

Process heavy. Much more attention, consideration and opportunities for advancement given to employees in certain disciplines (marketing for example). Pay doesn't seem on par with competitors. Sometimes poor approach to positive employee engagement. Expect to move a LOT if you want to get ahead.

It's unrealistic to expect the company to be the top priority in people's lives. You need to bring more humanity into the workplace and provide more, not less, flexibility if you want to better compete in getting and retaining really smart people.

Being surrounded by worn out, bitter jerks makes you a worn out, bitter jerk.

Current Employee - Warehouse I in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Warehouse I in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Nestlé full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Laid back management (possibly a con as well), reliable paycheck.

Cons

Lack of accountability (currently in the process of changing), working long hours in extreme cold, attitude of co-workers is extremely bitter/negative. Benefits are VERY misleading, they sound good, but they're a game of smoke and mirrors.

Currently things seem to be changing for the better, but to be honest, fixes in processes and equipment will only do so much. A very, very large part of your problem has to do with your employee base. Morale is at an all time low, current changes haven't done a whole lot to improve this.

Great R&D network

Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Nestlé full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great depth in knowledge base and vision

Cons

too many structures and procedures

It's just okay.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Nestlé

Pros

Relaxing environment with good working facilities.

Cons

People are not the best of their job. Not doing things at the highest standard. Not genuine.

Attract real talent, pay more and retain them.

Finance Manager

I worked at Nestlé full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excelent reputation, several opportunities for growth and for a long career mainly for the ones with mobility

Cons

Very political and takes some time to build your own networking due to size of the company. Many times seniority is taken into consideration for promotions.

Meritocracy should be reinforced in all levels

Healthy work environment with lots of opportunities

I have been working at Nestlé

Pros

challenges help you grow professionally. Get to travel abroad on various projects

Cons

no work life balance can be achieved

have fixed working hours

All in all it is a good company to work for. Good benefits, pay scale not so good for someone who has been here 20 yrs.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Nestlé full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People, passion for the customers, benefits.

Cons

Work life balance could be a bit better. All the processes, rules, etc. and the mutitude of audits gets to be a bit daunting when you cannot more your day to day work forward.

Allow us time to develop ourselves and employees and we can only spend so much time getting ready for audits, continuous improvement, etc. without it affecting our quality of work on the day to day items.

All work no family time.

Current Employee - Warehouse in Breinigsville, PA
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Breinigsville, PA

I have been working at Nestlé full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is decent, good benefits and paid time off.

Cons

Terrible work life balance. No information ever passed down from upper management. Upper management has zero interactions with off shift personnel. Mind set is if your not there more than 5 years you don't matter. Mandatory overtime, including mandatory 6 day work week. They have a "committee" for everything but nothing changes. Old guard will never change. New hires are told there is occasional overtime but soon realize upon starting that occasional means every day. Upper management should work warehouse hours since they don't think we have a work-life balance problem.

Listen to employees (other than those on dayshift). Stop forcing water work down everybody's throat. Try working our hours.

Nestle

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marysville, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marysville, OH

I worked at Nestlé as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

- Tension rises by floor, so try to get a job on the first floor.
    - Most people are nice to work with.

Cons

- Confidentiality regulations make interdepartmental communication and collaboration difficult
    - One part of the building is almost always being renovated and no one is ever really sure why.
    - Contractors aren't treated as nice as full-time employees.

Nestlé Photos