Nestlé

Nestlé Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Nestlé CEO Paul Bulcke

Paul Bulcke

Pros
  • Work life balance is excellent, pretty laid back at retail level(in 17 reviews)

• Extremely healthy work environment between peers, co-workers, and superiors(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • My manager ( not married) has a different sense of work life balance(in 16 reviews)

• Poor career management with too much time spent in networking to get next position(in 7 reviews)

Nestle

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Marysville, OH

Pros- Tension rises by floor, so try to get a job on the first floor.
    - Most people are nice to work with.

Cons- Confidentiality regulations make interdepartmental communication and collaboration difficult
    - One part of the building is almost always being renovated and no one is ever really sure why.
    - Contractors aren't treated as nice as full-time employees.

Exhausting

District Sales Leader (Former Employee)

ProsThe people were great, the work kept you busy and the ability to own what you do was fabulous.

ConsLow pay for the work you do, advancement is based on relationships not your body of work and the expectations are unrealistic.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and give all internal employees the ability to interview for open positions that they qualify for.

The best platform to learn and grow

Management Trainee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe development plans are beyond of what you could have expected. The company and line managers are doing the right thing by offering learning opportunities that is possible according to your ability and strength to enable results to you in a very positive way.

ConsThe office should be more modern as it could help the people to work in a very catchy and fun environment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company

Architect (Current Employee) Switzerland, SC

ProsGlobal, Interesting projects, friendly teams

ConsLarge company, institutional rules, bureaucratic

Advice to Senior Managementmore Flexiblity for staff

Senior IT Delivery Manager, Champion of Continuous Excellence

IT Delivery Manager (Current Employee) Solon, OH

ProsAbility to define your own ways of contributing to the Company; good middle managment and senior leadership. Compensation at Nestle is a big plus - benchmarks compensation across Globe.

ConsConsolidation of jobs and decision making to HQ locations and the leaders at these locations, less authority to remote sites, causing no major career growth for individuals in remote locations. Talent at various remote locations not recognized and groomed to the advantage and well-being of the Company. Inability to work cross-function, employee gets siloed into one area or another with minimal opportunities to play a liaison role. Very good internal training available but not encouraged due to siloed approach.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor Continuous Improvement and Continuous Excellence to work, Nestle should seriously consider more coaching and training of its employees and take care of their personal growth.

Great company, international team

ProsGreat opportunities for career advancement

ConsDecision –making process can be slowed down due to the size of the company

Very satisfying experience

Seller of Coffee Machine (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsDiversity and the friendly environment was what I loved about the company.

ConsThere weren't any cons worth mentioing

Good company

ProsA lots of opportunities for working in different countries.

ConsWorking after hours without pay.

Stop The Intern "Flood"

Team Leader (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsStable company in regards to finances. Good benefits and decent work life balance.

ConsAlmost 100% of promotions come from Interns. Employees with tenure are overlooked for promotion and jobs given to Interns hired for the fast track program. Nestle Purina is requiring BA degrees for all positions, even for sales reps who are basically merchandisers

Advice to Senior ManagementYour Interns are NOT the only talent to promote from. Your Interns tend not to stay to long with this company after they get that promotion. The company wants their employees to compete and often climb on their fellow employees to get that promotion

Great if you can get hired on

Ice Cream Mover (Former Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsGood work atmosphere. Good pay.

ConsHave to go through a Staff agency to get in.

Worked for Nestlé? Contribute to the Community!