Nestlé

Nestlé Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Nestlé CEO Paul Bulcke

Paul Bulcke

Pros:
  • "Work life balance is excellent, pretty laid back at retail level"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Extremely healthy work environment between peers, co-workers, and superiors"
    in 16 reviews
Cons:
  • "No home/work life balance, very political, it's all about the money"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Poor career management with too much time spent in networking to get next position"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Terrible management - it's definitely about people!

Graduate Development Programmer (Current Employee)
    Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsNot much compared to other FMCG companies. If I were Nesté HR I'd say "we are the biggest FMCG company, we have great brands and offer great development opportunities" but I'm not and I won't lie.

Cons-You need to be really willing to kiss tremendous amounts of "you know what" to get anywhere.
    -Politics are ridiculous and more important that actually getting things done
    -HR is a joke, they lure people in with promises which they don't keep and offer 0 support
    -If you have a grievance, you're best to keep it to yourself.
    -No training/development with ever-more weak reasons, year on year. Is that really what you envisage a graduate DEVELOPMENT programme to be like?
    -Management couldn't care less for their employees, they're too busy sucking up to their bosses for the next position
    -Trust and Transparency are totally lacking despite being core values
    -If you're not from the region, forget getting any respect or recognition. It's one big happy Arab family which promotes and keeps to itself.
    -In line with the regional mentality, it's ALL emotional. Somehow they do however manage to lack common human decency/courtesy
    -Vacation freezes and refusals are very common so don't book non-refundable flights or hotels.
    -Overall, a very big-mouthed, arrogant and unpleasant environment to work in.

Advice to Senior Management-Cut the nonsense and games and have an honest look at what you are doing to your people.
    -Stop the micromanagement and learn to communicate effectively so that everyone knows the bigger picture and works towards common goals with empowerment.
    -Break the barriers when it comes to management. You certainly DO NOT have an open door policy! Never seen such a vertical and rigid hierarchy before.
    -RESPECT your people and their personal lives. They do not belong to you, nor are they bound to you. A company can only be as good as it's people.

i work for Nestle Nig Plc as a supervisor while attached with a distributor and for the past five year no promotion.

Sales Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Lagos (Nigeria)

ProsThe reason why i should work there is that i believe i am a graduate and i have been working with them for long meanwhile i should have the idea of business

ConsSome of the challenges in Nestle Nigeria is that they don't look at our side by motivate us

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should try and look at our side also for promotion by selecting from their supervisors gradually

Horrible Management

ProsThe vacation, ETO, Pension are good.

ConsManagement has no clue what they're doing. No upward mobility from hourly to salary positions. Pay for maintenance personal is horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people. They'll guide you in the right direction.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Merchandiser

ProsIt's a least a job.

ConsNo interaction with management. Good luck trying to move up

Backwater connection laden racism, but good pay opportunities

Line Operative (Former Employee)
    Tutbury, England (UK)

ProsGood money, and once you actually get employed everything is good

ConsI worked as a "temporary worker for 4(!) years, and was unable to get a contract

Advice to Senior ManagementDo some review of how the lowest level employees are employed, and how long they have worked for. People that made the branch successful are not getting any benefits or even sense of belonging and therefore don't give their 100%

Nestle Singapore

ProsConstantly changing within work environment

ConsAlso due to the constant change within work environment

"You get more of what you tolerate"

Graduate Development Program (Current Employee)
    Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsName recognition, great street smart education.

ConsPolitics, politics, politics.
    Access to knowledge and career development is limited only to those who have the support of senior management. To get that kind of support, you have to meet some of the following requirements:
    1. Be good at kissing "you know what".
    2. Share the same nationality.
    3. Speak the same language or with the same accent.
    4. Wink a lot. Yes, I'm serious!
    5. Look good. (Fit & stylish)
    6. Always walk fast when moving around the office.
    7. Always smile, even when you don't feel like it.
    8. Don't talk too much. Even to your closest coworkers.
    9. Make friends with your boss's secretary.
    10. Be ready to relocate on a very short notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell new hires, especially fresh grads about what they really should expect to deal with during their orientation week. Don't waste your resources and their time by hiding the truth about what it takes to succeed at Nestlé. Just say it like it is and don't sugar coat it with the usual HR mumbo jumbo.

Don't get old

General Production/Factory (Former Employee)
    Fremont, MI

ProsGreat job if you are young.

ConsThey dump you as soon as you turn fifty-something

Advice to Senior ManagementOlder workers are the best workers. They are stable and do not have young family problems.

Quite Dumb

A/P Associate (Former Employee)
    Cairo (Egypt)

ProsEasy recruitment process, friendly environment & promotions come quickly

ConsPoor HR Department, promise what they can't deliver, low starting salary (will rip you off if they could)

Working at Nestle

Contry Business Manager (Current Employee)
    Accra (Ghana)

ProsGreat information hubs for career development as company is a leader in the food industry

ConsLack of diversity in senior management - Race and Gender
    Lack of career development opportunities in other Nestle organisations if you come from a "developing" market

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote local talent where you operate
    Employee benefit schemes that can motivate more engagement with company values

Worked for Nestlé? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nestlé reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nestlé CEO Paul Bulcke. All 346 reviews posted anonymously by Nestlé employees.