Nestlé USA

Nestlé USA Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Nestlé USA Chairman & CEO Paul Grimwood

Paul Grimwood

Pros:
  • "Decent work/life balance compared to other industries"
    in 24 reviews
  • "Good benefits with a good pension plan"
    in 29 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work/life balance is suffering because of limited resources and delays in filling openings"
    in 18 reviews
  • "60-80 weekly no work life balance"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good company, struggling currently

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

ProsWork life balance
    Access to structured processes
    Part of a large company perks such as travel, grocery delivery etc
    High visibility for top performers

ConsSlow to make decisions
    Not creative / Limited innovation
     Favoritism
    Mobility is a career accelerator
    Struggling in the current economy

Advice to Senior ManagementTake risks - don't over analyze
    Promote true performers versus promoting smooth talkers

Good pay and benefits

Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

Prosgreat benefits, able to work independantly

Consnumerous management changes, company bought out by Nestle

Great company

Route Relief Lead (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsConsistent paycheck. Good benefits. Management for the most part care about their employees. Unless u have a 4 year degree there isn't much room for advancement.

ConsMy position requires different days off and an inconsistent schedule. Other positions don't. It really depends what u get hired for.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe numbers that are expected to achieve are usually way above what the normal sales rep will ever achieve.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people to work for and with, going through changes/transformation to compete

ProsGreat people in the organization
    Good work/life balance
    Competitive compensation

ConsGoing through transition to transform business to compete in current environment
    Sometimes too slow to adapt to market trends
    Unfocused with execution of innovation

In need of change....

Human Resources (Current Employee)
    Glendale, CA

Pros- Good company, reputable, trusted brands across the globe
    - Good pay, benefits, etc.
    - Smart nice people to work with
    - Internal movement - almost all leadership roles are recruited from within (50% of hires are internal) - promotes employee development and career progression
    - Decent work/life balance compared to other industries

Cons- Must be mobile to be considered hi-potential/asset to company (accelerated career progression) - that means to must be willing to move to wherever the company resides (factories are in remote/rural areas)
    - Sr. Management communication lacking - not transparent
    - CEO (who's a Brit) appears to be out of touch with American (employees/consumers) - doesn't really understand or appears to take the time to understand how different the market is here in the states. His communication style is also interesting. He has some really good ideas that are needed to keep Nestle competitive, however the way he communicates these changes are lack-luster at best, can come off as condescending, and does not motivate. What was the purpose of taking away denim Fridays aside from the fact that it makes "us lazy" on Fridays...was it to exert your power (as most perceive) or something else? If it was something else I'd like to understand (I'm logical and if it makes business sense, I think more people would buy-in/support and not feel like it was a power move).

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on your people who is the heart of any company. If you send out a survey about how your employees feel - please care about the responses and do something about it.

Great People, Great Company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Pendleton, IN

ProsNestle was full of friendly, professional, hard-working people (manufacturing plant in Pendleton, IN). I loved my job there, and was really depressed when my family had to move out of state for my husband's job. I would go back to work at Nestle in a heartbeat, if there were an opportunity for me there!

ConsThere was some disconnect between supervisors regarding training on/enforcing policies and procedures. The shift times take a little getting used to, and I believe they could find a way to allow people to switch on and off nights, but mostly this is a very tiny negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk among yourselves, agree on a plan of action, communicate the plan, and follow up to make sure it's being implemented (based on Plan, Do, Check, Act).

Nestle Business Services Manager

Solon, OH

ProsGreat benefits, focus on health and wellness, care about employees, competitive pay. Strong planning and leadership really focused on the health and long term growth of the company.

ConsVery high paced and work lean so workloads sometimes too heavy. Middle management expected to do it all.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on employee development and reward more equitably.

Great place to work, but advancement can be slow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsNestle is a stable company with excellent brands. The training department is excellent and the overall processes that are in-place set the individual up to succeed in their role. The WING is the name of the fitness center and it is very nice! The cafeteria is good and the cost is very reasonable. Benefits are very good and reasonably priced.

ConsI worked both from a home office and in Glendale. The office culture is a little bland, but that's not unexpected from a large company. The salaries are a bit below what other companies offer, but this is made-up by the low cost of the benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake people a priority and help them to grow within the company. Continue to foster positive aspects of Nestle culture and make people continue to be proud of working for the company.

Excellent

QA Microbiologist (Current Employee)
    Franklin Park, IL

ProsGreat place, great benefits, and allowed me personal growth in my career.

ConsAdvancement within the company seems difficult

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Great People, Great Company!

Production Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsNestlé is a people driven company. They allow for growth opportunities through development and training.

ConsTop Down communication at the site level is a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership team needs to understand how to make consistant decisions, and stick to them.

Worked for Nestlé USA? Contribute to the Community!

Nestlé USA Videos

Nestlé USA – Why Work for Us?

Nestlé is… ...the world's leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness company. Our mission of "Good Food, Good Life" is to provide consumers with the best tasting, most nutritious choices in a wide range of food and beverage… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nestlé USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nestlé USA CEO Paul Grimwood. All 323 reviews posted anonymously by Nestlé USA employees.