Nestlé USA

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Nestlé USA Chairman & CEO Paul Grimwood

Paul Grimwood

73 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company for sales career

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsGreat development program and opportunities

ConsMultiple relocations are pretty much required to advance in the company

Lacking talent management

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsSmart people
    Great Brands
    Some areas with strong team environment

ConsCompensation
    Career path
    Relationship-based versus performance-based promotions
    Employees viewed as transactions not talent
    HR leadership and integrity
    Too many priorities

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ask employees to fill out surveys if problem areas are going to be dismissed or ignored. Look at the data and take action.

Best CPG Firm I've worked with!

Glendale, CA

Prosgreat collegues, extremely collaborative environment, great product portfolio

Constechnology could be better. Managable now, but could be more effective at what I do if I had better tools.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter collaboration/communication between OpCo's would be extremely helpful.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I feel very lucky to work here!

Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Glendale, CA

Proshigh quality leadership that is transparent about company vision and strategy; impressive board level involvement; collaborative atmosphere with really great people

Consas expected in a fast-paced, high growth environment, there is often a lot to do and not enough time in the day to do it all.

Great Flexibility and Wonderful Working Environment!

Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsOne of the best things about Nestle is their dedication to employees and providing us with much flexibility and accomodations when needed! It allows you to have additional time for yourself and to pursue other dreams/hobbies.

ConsThere are no cons that I could think of. It is a very wonderful and pleasant working environment. With a huge gourmet cafeteria on-site and gym, there is no excuse not to love the company!

Company has lost focus of its most valuable asset

Manager (Current Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsGood benefits but who knows how long that will last. Some people still care about the company. Even with all the exceptionally poor senior management teams, there are still a few bright stars that give some sliver of hope

ConsHorrible work life balance; very slim advancement opportunities; unfair compensation rationale; no equal pay or gender balance

Advice to Senior ManagementMorale has never been lower. All the new rules and punishment, blame and shaming of your workforce will not create an atmosphere of trust, pride or winning. Executives need to walk the talk. It is disgraceful.

In need of change....

Human Resources (Current Employee)
    Glendale, CA

Pros- Good company, reputable, trusted brands across the globe
    - Good pay, benefits, etc.
    - Smart nice people to work with
    - Internal movement - almost all leadership roles are recruited from within (50% of hires are internal) - promotes employee development and career progression
    - Decent work/life balance compared to other industries

Cons- Must be mobile to be considered hi-potential/asset to company (accelerated career progression) - that means to must be willing to move to wherever the company resides (factories are in remote/rural areas)
    - Sr. Management communication lacking - not transparent
    - CEO (who's a Brit) appears to be out of touch with American (employees/consumers) - doesn't really understand or appears to take the time to understand how different the market is here in the states. His communication style is also interesting. He has some really good ideas that are needed to keep Nestle competitive, however the way he communicates these changes are lack-luster at best, can come off as condescending, and does not motivate. What was the purpose of taking away denim Fridays aside from the fact that it makes "us lazy" on Fridays...was it to exert your power (as most perceive) or something else? If it was something else I'd like to understand (I'm logical and if it makes business sense, I think more people would buy-in/support and not feel like it was a power move).

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on your people who is the heart of any company. If you send out a survey about how your employees feel - please care about the responses and do something about it.

Great place to work, but advancement can be slow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsNestle is a stable company with excellent brands. The training department is excellent and the overall processes that are in-place set the individual up to succeed in their role. The WING is the name of the fitness center and it is very nice! The cafeteria is good and the cost is very reasonable. Benefits are very good and reasonably priced.

ConsI worked both from a home office and in Glendale. The office culture is a little bland, but that's not unexpected from a large company. The salaries are a bit below what other companies offer, but this is made-up by the low cost of the benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake people a priority and help them to grow within the company. Continue to foster positive aspects of Nestle culture and make people continue to be proud of working for the company.

All teams with in harmony to achieve a common goal

Senior Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsGood work environment. We have access to current technologies.

Consworking through a Business Solutions provider as contractor/consultant

Advice to Senior ManagementHappy with the style of management especially in terms of control and our freedom to make decisions in our area of responsibility.

A company that is lost in bureaucracy, poorly led and managed, and out of touch with the mainstream consumer.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Glendale, CA

ProsThe office was generally clean; the parking structure and on-site gym were also nice. Safety and corporate profits are their primary goals.

ConsIt is a very large, hugely bureaucratic company that struggles to accomplish anything. The company is inconsistent and confused with its mission; it claims to want to become "the leading health and wellness company in the US," yet if you look at its product portfolio you will find that the only food they sell that could qualify as nutritional or healthy is the Gerber baby food. In fact, most of the company's products are downright unhealthy.
    Nestle does not innovate; most of its product lines and brands were either created decades ago, or acquired. All of its recent attempts and innovation and introducing new products failed miserably (ever heard of Aguas Frescas or Nescafe Memento? No, I thought not...) So don't come here expecting to receive a warm welcome for new ideas.
    Compensation is below industry average and extremely imbalanced. For example, a brand new employee performing the same job as me was being paid $10k more, and I had been with the company for two years. Management refused to acknowledge that this was wrong. Corporate profits are reserved for the executives and shareholders only, and is not shared with the employees.
    Management, HR, and most co-workers are catty, immature, and cannot be trusted. They will not hesitate to stab you in the back and throw you under a bus if it will make you look bad/make them look good.
    The company is not military friendly and treats veterans like ticking time bombs.

Last words of advice if you are truly out of your mind or have NO other option but to work here, remember that to the company you are nothing but a number, and no matter what you do or how well you do it, YOU ARE REPLACEABLE! Take it from me...

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement at nestle needs to pay attention to employees, get to know them, understand their career aspirations, and care about them. I also recommend that they consider fair compensation for equal work/same jobs.

Worked for Nestlé USA? Contribute to the Community!

Nestlé USA Videos

Nestlé USA – Why Work for Us?

Nestlé is… ...the world's leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness company. Our mission of "Good Food, Good Life" is to provide consumers with the best tasting, most nutritious choices in a wide range of food and beverage… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nestlé USA reviews and ratings in Glendale, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nestlé USA CEO Paul Grimwood. All 73 reviews posted anonymously by Nestlé USA employees.