Nestlé USA Reviews

Reset
3.3
Nestlé USA Chairman & CEO Paul Grimwood
Paul Grimwood

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is typically good overall (in 31 reviews)

• Good benefits with a good pension plan (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • There id no home work life balance (in 28 reviews)

• 60-80 weekly no work life balance (in 9 reviews)

1. SHE Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good employees on the floor.

Cons

Treated horribly, very long hours, like a cult at all levels, highly unorganized.

Advice to Management

Respect those that work under you. Take care of the people. Treat all equally.

2. AOC

Current Employee - AOC in Mira Loma, CA
    Current Employee - AOC in Mira Loma, CA

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are great that work on the floor. I am no longer there.

Cons

Management is awful, they are very obvious when you do something wrong. They believe in letting everyone know. The building needs work, there is mold growing due to a leaking ice machine. Yet, they will not fix. The training is terrible, yet I see why there is no real training room or plan of action. They let a young 25 year old run the training and when management is not in the room the trainer curses like a sailor. They need to have better light withing the building. The vibe is negative. Yet that is part of the management's fault.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the ice machine and management needs to go through a training class on how to train. They also need to make the building safe as there are many unsafe things there. I would say also get better lights. Adjust their attitudes are the only people they will attract is the younger generation who does not realize how other companies treat quality people.

A bad place to work unless you love workplace politics and back stabbing

I worked at Nestlé USA

Pros

Not much really besides a pension and okay PTO policy if you were from a legacy company

Cons

I worked for this company for 7 years so carefully consider the below:

1. Promotions are given to the people who are the pets of management no regard for qualifications/skill set.
    2. People with literally zero people skills are promoted even when their prior projects were deemed complete failures
    3. If you are not willing to move forget being promoted. Same applies if you are not a woman and/or minority.
    4. Literally years passed and not a single male with high qualifications was promoted while extremely unskilled others promoted several times within a year.
    5. Pay raises don't even pace inflation @ 2% per annum
    6. Bonus payouts are randomly awarded
    7. HR department is useless and grows by the minute
    8. Leadership only looks out for themselves not their people and will throw away employees within even blinking.
    9. You have to be on the short list or you will never get a bonus and/or merit. Ranking process is a joke and is not transparent
    10. Some Directors are literally the worst people managers I have ever seen in a professional workplace
    11. Sharing new approaches to things is talked about but when you share it is frowned upon unless it agrees with management's view on the topic.
    12. Surprised some parts of management have the mental faculties to get out of bed in the morning let alone lead
    13. All people are essentially expendable to this company nothing is sacred/valued

Advice to Management

You need to eliminate/replace entire layers at the VP and director level to get rid of deeply rooted despots because they are ruining the company from the bottoms up and it will not end until they are removed from the company (I am not talking about giving them a role in Vevey either I mean eliminate them from the GAL)

Disguntled Management Trainee

Current Employee - OMT in Fairland, IN
    Current Employee - OMT in Fairland, IN

I have been working at Nestlé USA (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good pay (however pay is the only thing that keeps people from leaving)

Cons

Terrible Leadership; Very un-organized; Too much change (flavor of the month) in methods and routines; ZERO work life balance; No guidance; Too Much Bureaucracy; Over complicates simple concepts

Manager

Former Employee - Manager in Glendale, CA

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Smart, fun people. Work hard, play hard
    Great female leader in the division--caring and the best innovator
    Good pay and benefit

Cons

Company was restructured and now slow, complex, process over performance, chaotic
    Lack of trsut and condescending at the very top
    No bench and talent management is non-existent at this large company

Advice to Management

Tone down the arrogance and let your senior leaders run their business; divisions know what they're doing
    Shrink the bureaucrat and corporate functions

good company - NROC bad POLITICS

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great company car. great brands, go with the flow and you will be the CEO. great place to make friends and then used them to get promote to the ladder of success

Cons

POLITICS, most of the suggestions never reach to CEO or VEVEY headquarters,....hear not evil, See not Evil. Speak not Evil, keep you mouth close and you will have a Nice review and Nice raise in you annual Salary.
    They never pay too much attention to Natural Ingredients , specially on Stouffers and Lean cuisine Brands .

Advice to Management

Retail work seems like you don't have supervisor in the field , they look more like security guards,
    Do what you told culture or Else.....

8. It is not about selling or customer service anymore it is all about being a subservient worker.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nestlé USA

Pros

Good benefits pay is ok, but steadily decreasing, work-life balance terrible if not in management

Cons

not flexible with customers, feel like a slave, 55-60 hour week is normal and expected

Advice to Management

take care of customers before your start loosing them

9. Nestle used to be a great company to work for

Former Employee - Manager in Jonesboro, AR
    Former Employee - Manager in Jonesboro, AR

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nestle has great benefits and a retirement plan that is not so common today. The company is in good shape financially.

Cons

Work life balance is spoken about frequently but doesn't really exist. The management has a very controlling and non-trusting mindset. If they want your opinion they will give it to you. This is not a learning organization and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Advice to Management

Get managers that have some leadership skills and who care about their employees.

10. Sales - Account Management

Current Employee - Customer Development Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Development Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent health care.

CEO has good ideas, but nobody able to implement them. 2 years so far and has gotten worse.

Looks good on a resume

Cons

COMPENSATION - Poor, 30% below industry pay. High performance does not pay.
    Constant re-orgs.
    Poor, stagnant, incompetent management.
    Top performers leaving.
    No training.
    Made to do unethical business practices by VP level and above.
    No work/life balance.
    Declining business.

Do not recommend

Current Employee - Ingriedient Handler in Springville, UT
    Current Employee - Ingriedient Handler in Springville, UT

I have been working at Nestlé USA

Pros

Pay is decent, Health benefits aren't bad, onsite nurse.

Cons

Expected to work like a machine, lifting on average in a 10hr shift 10k-20k lbs, no air conditioning,machines steam powered, double layered clothing and uniform is long sleeved making it miserably hot. If you cannot keep up you will not get a break. They do not follow what they say when it comes to breaks or lunches. Don't give enough man power, count on mandatory over time, you only get 7 missed days/call ins/tardys in a year and it resets in a year from date of accurance.ex: 2/5/14 call in sick point reset on 2/5/15. You get 1min b4, time of, 1min after to clock in 2min passed counts as .5 towards your total 7 your allowed. If security feels you drove to fast or you parked in wrong spot you will get a ticket expected to pay and if you dont get a point off of the 7 your allowed. Anything you lose or break such as safety glasses, gloves,etc. that are mandatory to wear you must pay to replace. they designate a person to give and check in equipment for you. You sign a paper stating if you do not return this item at end of day you will be charged for that item, but you can do everything right, clean it, return it etc and if that person does not check it off you will be charged,and your not allowed to check it off yourself. I and others have had to pay for equipment we did return but the designated person did not check it off, granted that person is in charge for everything used in the entire plant, but still wrong and there is no way to prove you did turn it in.

Advice to Management

Listen to Employees!!!!! I am talking about the grunts, the bottom, the little people in your eyes, who do the physical labor, not management, team leaders who walk around all day then head upstairs to sit in air conditioning office. Do the work yourself before you decide to change a procedure, cause little do you realize if we all did exactly as we should production will greatly fall cause employees could never keep up. Make your Q.A. Set and Stick to a generalized setting. To many times it is okay to do something with this QA employee but you do the exact same thing with a different QA employee your told it is wrong, throw it away, and put stuff on hold. Get your air conditioning working. Change your ridiculous 7 accurance rule, we work with food others eat and as part of a food handler it is our responsibility to make sure if your sick do not come to work and especially do not prepare food for others who trust its safe. Your causing a forced situation to come to work even if you are sick or lose your job. It's funny.... we cant use our hands to break open boxes cause of the dust that spreads in the air but your sick with a fever, vomiting and have bowel issues... yeah that is ok. last comment about your 7 accurance rule..... maybe you wont have as many people die in your plant or people transported to the hospital. Last but not least I am almost 100% positive 2h work 15min break, 30min lunch before 6h of work you don't follow that and I think it is illegal if you receive no break just a lunch in 10 hours and that has happened 3 times since my employment despite letting the TL know. They just don't have anyone to cover you. Also walking out to the break room should never be counted, your employees end up getting 9-10 min.

RSS Feed </> Embed