Nestlé USA

Updated January 29, 2015
3.4

Nestlé USA Chairman & CEO Paul Grimwood
Paul Grimwood

Pros
  • Also the perks with regards to compensation and work-life balance aren't bad either (in 31 reviews)

• Good benefits with a good pension plan (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is suffering because of limited resources and delays in filling openings (in 28 reviews)

• 60-80 weekly no work life balance (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

support team was not very helpful

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raynham, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raynham, MA

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was a customer service rep and the nice thing was the shift options available and the possibility to work from home

Cons

The support team did not give any input when observing a call. Perhaps a hint if I forgot to mention something. there is a reason they are always hiring. I worked many years at a large company as a customer service rep and we had coaches to help people that where struggling, and I was one of those coaches. We didn't sit behind a rep and make faces or write on a paper. We discussed what a better way may have been to handle a call or don't forget to mention this or that on a call i.e. promotions etc.

Be a little more helpful to new hires. Don't be so quick to pass them up. and update your systems,
     they are antiquated

I worked at Nestlé USA

Former Employee - Picker in DeKalb, IL
    Former Employee - Picker in DeKalb, IL

I worked at Nestlé USA part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance. Seem to care about their values

Cons

A lot of meaningless activities, too many tasks

Encourage employees more often throughout the day.

Telephone Rep

I have been working at Nestlé USA

Pros

Great benefits including paid time off, retirement, and health plans.

Cons

Demanding job, need to be focused all the time.

Encourage employees more often throughout the day.

Great place to gain a lot experience!

I worked at Nestlé USA

Pros

Fast paced, great experience, strong corporate structure

Cons

Must be willing to relocate for upward mobility

Pretty satisfied

Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance. Seem to care about their values

Cons

Struggling business food environment for many years

Maintenance Supervisor at Nestle

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Able to move up within organization

Cons

A lot of meaningless activities, too many tasks

Mostly do a lot of talking to sound good. Need to follow up with more actions.

Mixed bag

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nestlé USA

Pros

Relatively stable company; strong brands that are household names; can benefit from extensive training, depending on role, location & tenure with the company. Management is making attempts to listen and implement ideas generated from staff.

Cons

Work/life balance can be non existent; increasing work load with no additional resources to manage; told to "work it out or work smarter" to meet increasing demands; diversity lacking in mid to senior levels of management

Keep up the communication flow to rebuild trust lost with recent org changes/restructuring

Fun Place...

Current Employee - Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Nestlé USA

Pros

Great people to work with and the pay isn't too bad either

Cons

working pretty much every holiday

Very good company to work for if you can handle the stress.

I have been working at Nestlé USA

Pros

Very good company to work for if you can handle the stress.

Cons

Extremely stressful fast paced production environment.

More work is added without the staffing to handle it.

Do not recommend

Current Employee - Ingriedient Handler in Springville, UT
    Current Employee - Ingriedient Handler in Springville, UT

I have been working at Nestlé USA

Pros

Pay is decent, Health benefits aren't bad, onsite nurse.

Cons

Expected to work like a machine, lifting on average in a 10hr shift 10k-20k lbs, no air conditioning,machines steam powered, double layered clothing and uniform is long sleeved making it miserably hot. If you cannot keep up you will not get a break. They do not follow what they say when it comes to breaks or lunches. Don't give enough man power, count on mandatory over time, you only get 7 missed days/call ins/tardys in a year and it resets in a year from date of accurance.ex: 2/5/14 call in sick point reset on 2/5/15. You get 1min b4, time of, 1min after to clock in 2min passed counts as .5 towards your total 7 your allowed. If security feels you drove to fast or you parked in wrong spot you will get a ticket expected to pay and if you dont get a point off of the 7 your allowed. Anything you lose or break such as safety glasses, gloves,etc. that are mandatory to wear you must pay to replace. they designate a person to give and check in equipment for you. You sign a paper stating if you do not return this item at end of day you will be charged for that item, but you can do everything right, clean it, return it etc and if that person does not check it off you will be charged,and your not allowed to check it off yourself. I and others have had to pay for equipment we did return but the designated person did not check it off, granted that person is in charge for everything used in the entire plant, but still wrong and there is no way to prove you did turn it in.

Listen to Employees!!!!! I am talking about the grunts, the bottom, the little people in your eyes, who do the physical labor, not management, team leaders who walk around all day then head upstairs to sit in air conditioning office. Do the work yourself before you decide to change a procedure, cause little do you realize if we all did exactly as we should production will greatly fall cause employees could never keep up. Make your Q.A. Set and Stick to a generalized setting. To many times it is okay to do something with this QA employee but you do the exact same thing with a different QA employee your told it is wrong, throw it away, and put stuff on hold. Get your air conditioning working. Change your ridiculous 7 accurance rule, we work with food others eat and as part of a food handler it is our responsibility to make sure if your sick do not come to work and especially do not prepare food for others who trust its safe. Your causing a forced situation to come to work even if you are sick or lose your job. It's funny.... we cant use our hands to break open boxes cause of the dust that spreads in the air but your sick with a fever, vomiting and have bowel issues... yeah that is ok. last comment about your 7 accurance rule..... maybe you wont have as many people die in your plant or people transported to the hospital. Last but not least I am almost 100% positive 2h work 15min break, 30min lunch before 6h of work you don't follow that and I think it is illegal if you receive no break just a lunch in 10 hours and that has happened 3 times since my employment despite letting the TL know. They just don't have anyone to cover you. Also walking out to the break room should never be counted, your employees end up getting 9-10 min.