Nestlé USA Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
418 reviews filtered by

1. customer service

I worked at Nestlé USA

Pros

good envioment love the working there

Cons

no challeng just come to work and do your job

keep up the professionalism

NO LIFE OUTSIDE OF WORK

Current Employee - Edy's Ice Cream Maker I in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Edy's Ice Cream Maker I in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay, thats really about it

Cons

They need to fix pay scale should not have to go 3/5/10 years to get a raise
    They will threaten to fire U first thing out of Plant managers mouth is TERMINATION!
    To many Pencil Pushers not enough front line employees
    Mandating OT when We only have 2 weekends of a month and if u dont show u get hit with a point
    Working nights and they wanna have a meeting making u have to stay till 7:15/7:30 when alot of ppl have kids and spouses that need to be at work in the morning but they dont care because they wanna leave at 2:30pm instead of staying and having meeting after shift for day shift
    Get threaten to get fire over small irrelevant stuff but big issues management sweeps it under the rugs
    NEW POLICIES ARE SET UP TO FIRE U

Treat your employees as HUMANS not just another person that works here, give us motivation to come to work and stay working here instead of threatening to fire ppl everyday, get ride of alot of these pencil pushers that dont really have job besides creating another piece of paper we have to fill out every hour on the hour or get fired because we missed a check and last but not least remember we are humans beings not just another number U cant cut to save money and there is no moral to work here its just a job now for alot of ppl they would rather get fired then deal with the BS they make us do on daily

3. innovation at Nestle

Former Employee - Vice President/GM in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President/GM in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity for innovation and creativityy

Cons

Bureaucratic encumberence that inhibits innovation

Take and reward risk. Think outside the current portfolios.

5. Great Company> Hate I left

I have been working at Nestlé USA

Pros

Great Company hate i left

Cons

No Cons really good company

6. Typical Bakersfield Experience for all Salary Positions

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Never a dull moment around here; there is always something to do. Lots of interesting and diverse projects to complete, also this is the largest ice cream facility in the world. Nestle offers lots of career advancement options for those that are willing to move.

Cons

At my facility there is poor management/leadership. The supervisors spend little to no time on the floor so it is run mostly by group/crew leaders. There is a seriously lack of team work here and it feels like people will actively spend more time trying to get out of assisting you than it would take for them to just do their job and assist you. Out of the 9 top Leadership Team members I would say only 4 of them are competent at their job, and out of those 4 only 2 of them are decent human beings that are approachable/reasonable.

Also, there is a culture of bullying that is reinforced by plant management. This place has at times a borderline hostile working environment due to the bullying.

Fire employees that are incompetent, especially the superiors and managers that cannot or will not do their jobs. Its ridiculous and embarrassing that you keep managers and supervisors around that everyone ones are incompetent.

Facilitate a more friendly and team based approach to running the plant instead of playing the blame game and allowing employees to openly attach each other in meetings.

7. Great company needs better leadership

Former Employee - Account Development Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good mobility, collaborative teams, good training and great people

Cons

Lack of initiative, struggling brands, job security

When you have young talent develop and train employees better. Upper management could be a little more selfless

8. Nestle used to be a great company to work for

Former Employee - Manager in Jonesboro, AR
    Former Employee - Manager in Jonesboro, AR

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nestle has great benefits and a retirement plan that is not so common today. The company is in good shape financially.

Cons

Work life balance is spoken about frequently but doesn't really exist. The management has a very controlling and non-trusting mindset. If they want your opinion they will give it to you. This is not a learning organization and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Get managers that have some leadership skills and who care about their employees.

Do not treat employee's that well, very secretive about EVERYTHING, no matter how small the issue is.

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Most of the people I work with are great, great to work alongside.

Cons

Company say's that your family is the most important thing, does not practice what they say. Overloaded, not compensated for it very well. They overwork your body until you get hurt & then wonder why your hurt. LOT"S of strain on your back,shoulders etc. The company wants you to be straight forward & honest with them but they don't do it in return. They continuously cut your commission so in the end your basically working for almost nothing,in order to make anything you have to be willing to work 14-15 hour day's & that's just to make what you should be earning.

Be willing to get out & do some work, if that means hopping on a truck to do a route because someone calls in sick, just do it. Don't leave the person high & dry so they have to do 2 routes in 1 day,just to catch up. Management used to be there for you 7-8 years ago,now they just distance themselves from the non managers.

10. Inconsistent

Current Employee - Coordinator in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Nestlé USA

Pros

Good benefits, 401K. Scenic location.

Cons

Inconsistent leadership, unclear career path development options. Limited growth potential in terms of salary and chance for upward movement.

Don't allow unethical practices to continue in departments. Reward hard work accordingly, by not allowing employees to float in a messy quagmire of impossible rating systems, which will never pan out in the employees favor.

11. Account manager

I worked at Nestlé USA

Pros

Able to work from home

Cons

Pay was not competitive for position, leadership changes and no clear direction