Nestlé USA

www.nestleusa.com
Employer Engaged

Lots of experience

I have been working at Nestlé USA

Pros

Experiences, compensation, people, opportunities in every city.

Cons

Work life balance. This is a 24/7 job.

Quick Run Down

I worked at Nestlé USA

Pros

Structure, Methodology, Training, Culture, Innovation

Cons

Competitiveness, total weekly work ours are high.

Great worldwide company with small town culture.

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Burlington, WI
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Burlington, WI

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Worldwide opportunities, diverse locations and businesses.

Cons

Limited only by your drive and performance.

Nestle

I have been working at Nestlé USA

Pros

Good Pay Decent hours Good Benefits

Cons

Can't move up long hours

Huge growth potential!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at Nestlé USA

Pros

From day one they have set me up to move beyond the position I am in now. They've given me all the right tools and training to truly be successful.

Cons

Lots of changes and no unified message about the plant.

Communication is key, especially when change is every day.

Do not recommend

Current Employee - Ingriedient Handler in Springville, UT
    Current Employee - Ingriedient Handler in Springville, UT

I have been working at Nestlé USA

Pros

Pay is decent, Health benefits aren't bad, onsite nurse.

Cons

Expected to work like a machine, lifting on average in a 10hr shift 10k-20k lbs, no air conditioning,machines steam powered, double layered clothing and uniform is long sleeved making it miserably hot. If you cannot keep up you will not get a break. They do not follow what they say when it comes to breaks or lunches. Don't give enough man power, count on mandatory over time, you only get 7 missed days/call ins/tardys in a year and it resets in a year from date of accurance.ex: 2/5/14 call in sick point reset on 2/5/15. You get 1min b4, time of, 1min after to clock in 2min passed counts as .5 towards your total 7 your allowed. If security feels you drove to fast or you parked in wrong spot you will get a ticket expected to pay and if you dont get a point off of the 7 your allowed. Anything you lose or break such as safety glasses, gloves,etc. that are mandatory to wear you must pay to replace. they designate a person to give and check in equipment for you. You sign a paper stating if you do not return this item at end of day you will be charged for that item, but you can do everything right, clean it, return it etc and if that person does not check it off you will be charged,and your not allowed to check it off yourself. I and others have had to pay for equipment we did return but the designated person did not check it off, granted that person is in charge for everything used in the entire plant, but still wrong and there is no way to prove you did turn it in.

Listen to Employees!!!!! I am talking about the grunts, the bottom, the little people in your eyes, who do the physical labor, not management, team leaders who walk around all day then head upstairs to sit in air conditioning office. Do the work yourself before you decide to change a procedure, cause little do you realize if we all did exactly as we should production will greatly fall cause employees could never keep up. Make your Q.A. Set and Stick to a generalized setting. To many times it is okay to do something with this QA employee but you do the exact same thing with a different QA employee your told it is wrong, throw it away, and put stuff on hold. Get your air conditioning working. Change your ridiculous 7 accurance rule, we work with food others eat and as part of a food handler it is our responsibility to make sure if your sick do not come to work and especially do not prepare food for others who trust its safe. Your causing a forced situation to come to work even if you are sick or lose your job. It's funny.... we cant use our hands to break open boxes cause of the dust that spreads in the air but your sick with a fever, vomiting and have bowel issues... yeah that is ok. last comment about your 7 accurance rule..... maybe you wont have as many people die in your plant or people transported to the hospital. Last but not least I am almost 100% positive 2h work 15min break, 30min lunch before 6h of work you don't follow that and I think it is illegal if you receive no break just a lunch in 10 hours and that has happened 3 times since my employment despite letting the TL know. They just don't have anyone to cover you. Also walking out to the break room should never be counted, your employees end up getting 9-10 min.

Positive so far

I have been working at Nestlé USA

Pros

You make your own opportunities

Cons

Work life balance and need more collaboration across the company

Recent challenges to annual results and increased turnover of high performers.

I have been working at Nestlé USA

Pros

Strong brands and stable results.

Cons

Required mobility, flat organization, lack of true leadership, limited upward mobility.

Create more opportunities to move up with increased compensation.

Was once a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Nestlé USA

Pros

Great experience building company. Responsibility given to you allows for great growth.

Cons

Management is misaligned causing double of triple work without the appropriate staff to be effective.

Ensure that in the matrix org the priority is clear for each business. There is no one size fits all.

Slow moving, but stable company to work for.

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Attracts people who want stable, long careers with the company. Great benefits for certain groups. Doing a lot of things right but unfortunately a dull business.

Cons

Slow moving, very bureaucratic. Very difficult to push through new ideas and innovation. Experience differs a LOT by team.