Nestlé USA

Nestlé USA Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Nestlé USA Chairman & CEO Paul Grimwood

Paul Grimwood

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance compared to other industries (in 26 reviews)

• Good benefits but who knows how long that will last (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is suffering because of limited resources and delays in filling openings (in 20 reviews)

• 60-80 weekly no work life balance (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great people to work for and with, going through changes/transformation to compete

ProsGreat people in the organization
    Good work/life balance
    Competitive compensation

ConsGoing through transition to transform business to compete in current environment
    Sometimes too slow to adapt to market trends
    Unfocused with execution of innovation

Great People, Great Company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pendleton, IN

ProsNestle was full of friendly, professional, hard-working people (manufacturing plant in Pendleton, IN). I loved my job there, and was really depressed when my family had to move out of state for my husband's job. I would go back to work at Nestle in a heartbeat, if there were an opportunity for me there!

ConsThere was some disconnect between supervisors regarding training on/enforcing policies and procedures. The shift times take a little getting used to, and I believe they could find a way to allow people to switch on and off nights, but mostly this is a very tiny negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk among yourselves, agree on a plan of action, communicate the plan, and follow up to make sure it's being implemented (based on Plan, Do, Check, Act).

Nestle Business Services Manager

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Solon, OH

ProsGreat benefits, focus on health and wellness, care about employees, competitive pay. Strong planning and leadership really focused on the health and long term growth of the company.

ConsVery high paced and work lean so workloads sometimes too heavy. Middle management expected to do it all.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on employee development and reward more equitably.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work, but advancement can be slow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsNestle is a stable company with excellent brands. The training department is excellent and the overall processes that are in-place set the individual up to succeed in their role. The WING is the name of the fitness center and it is very nice! The cafeteria is good and the cost is very reasonable. Benefits are very good and reasonably priced.

ConsI worked both from a home office and in Glendale. The office culture is a little bland, but that's not unexpected from a large company. The salaries are a bit below what other companies offer, but this is made-up by the low cost of the benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake people a priority and help them to grow within the company. Continue to foster positive aspects of Nestle culture and make people continue to be proud of working for the company.

Excellent

QA Microbiologist (Current Employee) Franklin Park, IL

ProsGreat place, great benefits, and allowed me personal growth in my career.

ConsAdvancement within the company seems difficult

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Great People, Great Company!

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsNestlé is a people driven company. They allow for growth opportunities through development and training.

ConsTop Down communication at the site level is a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership team needs to understand how to make consistant decisions, and stick to them.

Lots of opportunity to get great experiences and grow professionally.

ProsCollaborative and strong team based work environment. Competitive salary and benefits. Very strong management principles and company values. Strong talent management tools to assist us in growing professionally.

ConsWork/life balance is suffering because of limited resources and delays in filling openings. This along with the challenges in the business is impacting morale and increased level of frustration for us.

Culture is deteriorating fast.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge international company with a multitude of resources

ConsWith the change in leadership, both senior and otherwise, lip service is being paid to their stance that people are their greatest competitive advantage. Communication with employees has ceased to exist except when it achieves a short-term goal of the company which is typically focused on cost and headcount reductions.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that short-sighted actions have long-term implications to the talent level and stability of the company.

Hard work pays back

District Sales Leader (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsCompany vision and mission

ConsSome Dsl are lazy and should be worked lil be more

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't expect to grow if you keep handing routes to distributors and bring back fully owned Dsd like back in the days

Hiring Process and HR Dept- A+, Amount of work to time allotted D, Staff and Managers B, 'Green' Co. F.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsHigh pay, Excellent Benefits, GREAT working conditions and Smart and Professional Staff up and down, very courteous and easily accessible!
    TRAINING PROCESS WAS EXCELLENT! A++

Cons15+ stops in 1 day, Pay Overtime ofcourse due to California and Fed. Laws, but too much work!!
    Could hire more people and TRAIN.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more of the good and hard working people of Los Angeles for more routes, smaller or GREENER trucks. Bigger stock yard, UPGRADE! UPGRADE! UPGRADE! Keep full bene's for all employees and lessen work loads, and continue to Train well and hire from within at all possible moments!

Worked for Nestlé USA? Contribute to the Community!