Nestlé USA

Nestlé USA Reviews in Solon, OH

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Nestlé USA Chairman & CEO Paul Grimwood

Paul Grimwood

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance compared to other industries(in 25 reviews)

• Good benefits but who knows how long that will last(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is suffering because of limited resources and delays in filling openings(in 20 reviews)

• 60-80 weekly no work life balance(in 8 reviews)

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Career Growth for Great Employees

Campus Recruiter (Current Employee) Solon, OH

ProsThere are a ton of opportunities available within Nestle USA and if you are a proven contributor you will be rewarded appropriately. There are constantly new innovations coming down the pipeline, so new challenges are regular.

ConsCurrently the company is going through a lot of change. If you are not a person who enjoys change and a challenge, then this may not be the company for you.

it is an ok job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Solon, OH

Prosmost of the people that work there are good people

Consmanagement has their heads up their butts

Advice to Senior Managementstop treating the workers that keep the plant running like crap. Management couldn't even start the lines up if we left. Maybe you need to rethink how you treat us, and how you think the way it is now is gaining respect from any one because I'm sorry but it isn't.

Nestle Business Services Manager

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Solon, OH

ProsGreat benefits, focus on health and wellness, care about employees, competitive pay. Strong planning and leadership really focused on the health and long term growth of the company.

ConsVery high paced and work lean so workloads sometimes too heavy. Middle management expected to do it all.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on employee development and reward more equitably.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company, with plenty of opportunity.

Account Payment Coordinator (Current Employee) Solon, OH

ProsPlenty of opportunity, good work life balance. Good management, with

ConsRemoval of jean Friday! Lower compansation compared to job requirements.

Strong, and getting stronger...

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Solon, OH

Pros--Classic CPG training & experience
    --Progressive in improving marketing expertise and talent - creation & deepening of COEs
    --Meritocracy
    --Multiple career-pathing in marketing - includes Shopper, Category/Sales, and Innovation rotations in addition to traditional brand management paths
    --Scale of company allows tapping into vast network of strong experts & information
    --International opportunities
    --Great culture & working relationships
    --Mobility highly valued (could be pro or con based on the person)

Cons--Largest CPG in the world, so processes in many aspects of work - stymies pace of innovation (company continually looking for ways to speed-up)
    --Must make personal effort to expand network beyond local Nestlé campus
    --Mobility highly valued (could be pro or con based on the person)
    --Generally a late-adopter in disruptive marketing tactics or messaging due to conservative nature (company making headway with a couple brands, but tried-and-true marketing methods and messages easier to swallow for organization)

Advice to Senior ManagementClear direction with organization goals and master plan, so maintain that message. Opportunitiies to move faster in stage gate process should be a higher priority to achieve results. Investing in brands through marketing may not pay out in one year, but will over the years if consistently investing and not cutting every year.

Has really gone downhill in the past 2 years

Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) Solon, OH

ProsGreat Co-Workers, very polite and friendly. Good team atmosphere.

ConsPay is always at the low end of the spectrum. No more Casual Fridays or Summer Hours. Arrogance of upper management towards consumers with overpriced product.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop punishing employees for slow sales growth due to market conditions.

Company quickly going down the tubes

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Solon, OH

Prosif you work in the office all is well!

ConsLet the List Begin. Kindergarden Atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up before its too late

long term employee 30 plus years

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Solon, OH

Prosthere arent many pros left to work there other than getting a pay check every week and some over time when you want it

Conswell all their little rules and silly game plan like coloring boards and meetings out the butt. Oh did i mention we are all gonna get screwed on our retirement package my advice run for the hills

Advice to Senior Managementyour heads are so far up your rears that you cant see daylite anymore wake up

I was only one of the first rats...

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Solon, OH

ProsThere are lots of dedicated people who care about being professional. There are good brands that allow real marketing to take place.

ConsTop management changed from the "Boys Club" to someone who looks like a stereotypical British sea captain - someone who makes sure that YOU know who is in charge. As a result, all directors, VPs and division presidents seem paralyzed with fear; creativity collapses as CYA becomes the management style.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet used to saying, "Thank you, sir, may I have another?"

Retail Sales Manager

Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) Solon, OH

ProsGood brands
    Good Benifits
    Good People
    Nice office

ConsLack of work balance in life
    No room for advancement
    A "good old boy's" company
    Men are paid a lot more than a women for the same job

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about the people that helped you get where you are in the industry!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Nestlé USA? Contribute to the Community!