Nestlé Waters North America

www.nestlewatersnorthamerica.com

Nestlé Waters North America Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Tim Brown

Pros
  • Everyone leaves the office by 5:30pm so it provides great work-life balance(in 10 reviews)

• good pay, good benefits (if you are full time), exciting work environment(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has suffered as consolidations have taken place(in 8 reviews)

• Often work long hours 12-14 hours(in 10 reviews)

Culture is changing

ProsStable category, Bottled water is growing and they have a strong portfolio. Good bonuses.

ConsNo training, you need to learn by yourself. Mediocre middle & senior management.
    Go to market strategies are a mess.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to basics... the company that Kim built!

Anonymous

ProsExcellent culture - the company has strong ties to the local communities and supports them through volunteering, etc. Leadership is committed to the future of employees and the company. Good benefits. The people are wonderful, very tenured workforce which says something about the company.

ConsWork-life balance can suffer at times.

Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStrong Executive and Retail Management Team.

ConsPoor Middle Management under VP level.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople leave or performance declines because of poor managers under Retail Management Team not the company they care about.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A decent company but very hard on your body.

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsDecent pay
    Off on most weekends
    Has lots of competitions for decent prizes ranging from the Nascar experience to paid time off.

ConsMost people end up requiring surgery after a few years here. I had to have 3 and lost my job because of it.
    The company can require you to work 12 or 14 hours and if your truck breaks down it could be even longer.

Miserable

Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) South San Francisco, CA

ProsGood insurance, but employee contribution could be lower.

ConsNo work-life balance, unappreciated, expendable, just a number, commission pay, leadership, equipment, etc., etc., etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn to hourly pay rate and eliminate commission. Then hire quality individuals. Allow employees to dictate how to most effectively complete daily workload. Don't micro-manage. Don't waste valuable delivery time with pointless meetings. Goal should be 8 hour workday. Family first, then work. Hire supervisors that lead from example not from their office or by following their employees.

High turnover produces low morale

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsOnly currently work 3-4 Saturdays a yr.
    Good place to work if you're single and have the time to commit to a company as you would a marriage.
    Immediate boss us usually accessible.

Safety is now being stressed at a greater level

ConsHigh turnover.
    Salary, but work like an hourly employee who should be getting overtime. Some weeks are 50 hours, some are 70. There is no compensation for the long work weeks. Due to high turnover, the veterans have to pick up the slack without any compensation. "Thank you" is said but it only goes so far.

Because management has moved up in the company and worked long hours to get there, they strongly expect every driver to do the same whether or not they have they same ambitions or desire to give the same sacrifice of time and family to the company.

Pay has decreased in forms of bonuses quarterly.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer opportunities for employees to voice their opinions. When rolling out a new process, allow feedback not just at revealing of new process but later also so as to see the new process in action.

If you are fast at your job, you should be rewarded with getting to go home when your done, not being punished by having to "consistently" support slower or newer drivers. (more hours, no more pay)

There has not been an open time set aside (roundtable meeting) where drivers can sit down with management and talk about issues for almost 3 years. Supposedly, there have been some closed ones, but not one which is open to any driver who wants to give feedback and ask questions concerning the driver's job.

Nestle Waters

ProsNestle Waters has great products and has a commitment to community and the environment. Employee's take pride in their products and services. Compensation and benefits are very competitive and bonuses at management level are consistently paid out.

ConsWork environment has been very challenging in the recent 3 years. Senior leadership ambition and local execution are not always congruent. Work-life balance has suffered as consolidations have taken place. IT challenges make it difficult to perform job at levels of excellence.

Commercial Sales Representative

Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee) Orange, CA

ProsExcellent benefits, great company, Holidays, weekends off. No evening hours.

ConsMicro-managed, very little advancement opportunities, entry level job

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck on your Reps, some are cheating the company.

Once was a great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are a lot of talented and genuinely wonderful people that work there. The people are the reason I stayed there for so many years.

ConsCulture has been changing. Even as large as this company is, the previous CEO always made employees feel that the customers and the employees created and kept the company successful...not so anymore.

Nestle Waters

Key Account Sales Manager (Current Employee) Cherry Hill, NJ

ProsGreat Brands. Great People. Opportunities to grow.

ConsSalaries are low. Go to market strategies are frustrating.

Worked for Nestlé Waters North America? Contribute to the Community!