Nestlé Waters North America
www.nestlewatersnorthamerica.com Stamford, CT 5000+ Employees

Nestlé Waters North America Reviews

Updated Apr 5, 2014

Tim Brown

Pros:
  • "Everyone leaves the office by 5:30pm so it provides great work-life balance"
    in 8 reviews
  • "good pay, good benefits (if you are full time), exciting work environment"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours and be prepared to work weekends and potentially holidays"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Work/life balance can be a challenge, but you don't necessarily have to work excessively"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

There are ups and downs like any other job.

Maintenance Mechanic A (Current Employee)
Hawkins, TX

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for more than 10 years

Prospay is good for area and good insurance

Consmanagement changes like the weather in Texas.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the main problem "communication". Identify breakdowns and fix don't add another avenue for communication to happen because the ball will be dropped yet again.

Started out positive, but quickly spiraled out of control...

TELESALES Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for more than a year

ProsWhen big snow days would occur they would occasionally put us up in hotels so we could go to work the next day.

If you only have a high school degree they are always hiring.

They do fun employee appreciation events such as having managers cook you food or wash your car.

ConsNo opportunity whatsoever for promotions.

Questionable business practices including anti-union propaganda. I remember a woman totally trouncing unions on the floor and me simply stating the benefits to a union for arguments sake and being written up under the pretense that "She felt unsafe in the work environment because she liked the company how it was." This was after we had done classes where they claimed to not be biased but to "educate" us on how unions worked.

The job is very monotonous, you must hit all their talking points which makes your calls scripted to a large degree, and they review your calls with you 2-3 times a month.

Even with good stats I was given a $.53 raise per hour one year.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking Saturdays should be a round robin, parents should not be automatically excluded.

Get rid of the union classes.

Create a definite path for good employees to get promoted to other facets of the business outside of the call center.

Great place to begin a career

Route Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for more than a year

ProsBeing its a 5 day work week, weekends off and the starting pay is 16.60 per hour . You will receive great benefits and learn many skills as far as trucks and water and other products.

ConsI believe this company has a very great rep and is established well, however need to focus more on the new employees learning how to obtain a class B drivers license so they will not be released or should I say laid off due to failure to obtain a Class B license.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the numbers which they do, however give a lot more focus on your employees and the training they need to obtain and keep their career position, too many great employees being released because of simply not obtaining the little things the company requires.

Think twice

Commercial Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Vallejo, CA

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for more than a year

ProsGood People . Great location. Okay.

ConsNo internal movement . Managers are hard to get a hold of.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are more than a number

Good Place to work, but pay could be better...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America

ProsGreat group of guys to work with

ConsPay not equal to amount of work

Horrible Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America

ProsCompetitive pay and nice bonus if you're at a mangers level or higher

ConsI left the company on my own terms so I want whoever is reading this to know that so they don't think I'm a bitter person that was fired this is the honest truth from a person that was there in management...... First off HORRIBLE middle management, no work life balance at all. Was being publicly bullied and harassed for over a year and HR did absolutely nothing about it at all. They talk ALOT about "the Nestle leadership model". but do nothing to ensure their leaders live up to the standards they put forth. I'm tough, but constant badgering and unrealistic expectations with have you burnt out and beat down quickly. They're hiring model is to hire A-type personalities only and have the reporting structure set up in such a way that you are purposely reporting to someone that is a conflict of interest to your area. ( taught to me in their HR training) This makes for constant arguing and battles with other leaders all the time. If you want to be seen as only a number, get paid horribly compared to the amount of hours required, want constant productively/performance reviews in which it's open season on what they say to you, and love to fight to keep your job 2 or more times per year.... this is the place to work! All jokes aside Very seriously think twice the money looks tempting, but you will regret it. Don't put your family through what I did. There are too many companies hiring all the time in manufacturing to deal with unnecessary craziness.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're losing amazing leaders, future leaders, and employees. You have to start double checking HRs programs and policies. They're losing sight of their role and helping the wrong people stay out of trouble. Not everything is defined by law some things are just good ole common sense and doing the right thing. Rapid firing, burning people out, and unrealistic goals do nothing for your bottom line. Middle management REALLY needs a good look.

Nestle Waters

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Raynham, MA

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America part-time for less than a year

ProsReally good management in the center.

ConsNothing that I have experienced so far.

Great place to grow your career!

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe executive leadership team is experienced and can be trusted. There are great opportunities to advance and grow your career. The pay/benefits are very competitive.

ConsWork/life balance can be a challenge, but you don't necessarily have to work excessively. Some times of year require more of a time commitment than others, but the company rewards/recognizes you appropriately for what you do.

Not a place to start if you're looking for advancement.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsSteady 40 hours a week

ConsRude Customers, Poor Management, Poor Information Distribution, Little to no advancement opportunities (Mostly Lateral moves)

Think Again...

Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for more than a year

ProsComplete corporate experience including training and follow-up training, which is lacking in many companies today.

ConsArchaic bi-yearly review process. Imagine this...., a peer review whereby your boss, your bosses boss, and other dept. heads, if avail.(?) come to view a quick presentation by yourself demonstrating your actions or lack thereof over the course of the last several months. In theory, a good way to keep everyone on their toes and "real". The reality, however, is something which goes beyond dignified and into the realm of a by-gone era with a military leaning hierarchy complete w/ poignant comments. Which in some circles, could be considered questionable conduct, morally and ethically. Witnessed people crying and being verbally assaulted in comparison to children's antics. Funny, never saw one HR representative attached to a compete review day.(?) Interesting???....Needless to say, one is "reviewed" either positively or negatively, and "others", not including your peers, are allowed to comment as well. However, please note, one is not allowed to review "others", nor comment on their performance. There is a smaller review at the end of the year which is a one on one with your Mgr., however, it's more or less based upon the two earlier reviews and a side note on a possible raise. Not a job for the faint of heart or a person wanting to be treated as such.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you say can be done.

Worked for Nestlé Waters North America? Contribute to the Community!

Nestlé Waters North America Videos

Nestlé Waters North America – Why Work for Us?

With 36 years of experience promoting healthy hydration, Nestlé Waters North America has 15 leading bottled water brands in the U.S. The company's commitment to environmental stewardship, especially in the areas of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nestlé Waters North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nestlé Waters North America CEO Tim Brown. All 103 reviews posted anonymously by Nestlé Waters North America employees.