Nestlé Waters North America

Updated October 17, 2014
Updated October 17, 2014
3.1

Tim Brown

Pros
  • Everyone leaves the office by 5:30pm so it provides great work-life balance (in 12 reviews)

• good pay, good benefits (if you are full time), exciting work environment (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has suffered as consolidations have taken place (in 10 reviews)

• Long hours, lots of sales promotions, have to pick uo other work (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Fulfilling

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome company values. Fast paced, lean organization. Strong drive for success as a leader in the category. Innovative in packaging and help reduce total carbon footprint.

Cons

Work life balance. Company is struggling with implementing new initiatives with current staffing.

Not a bad company to work for.

Current Employee - RSR in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - RSR in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, not as stressful as most retail jobs. Weekends and holidays off

Cons

Job becomes very repetitive. Very little chance to advance up in the company.

Communicate more with the team, listen to ideas from the field

Very Bad

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, but are getting worse

Cons

Long Long hours, horrible culture

Route Driver

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great pay, good benefits only been here a year but they seem to be very family oriented.

Cons

Long hours, lots of sales promotions, have to pick uo other work

Since us (route drivers) are salaried. If we have to take on others workload we should be compensated. And hire more people to help cut back on hours worked

Retails Sales Representative Overview

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fortune 100 company on resumé, flexible hours, gas card, car allowance, 401k, experience of running your own operation within territory. If you enjoy not having to work with the same people everyday, this could be a great position for you.

Cons

The company mainly promotes from within. While a good thing, it also means you aren't moving up unless someone else leaves or is promoted. If you do well, the bar is raised significantly higher for your next months sales goals.

A pay increase would keep employees in this position around longer. A base salary with commission would be an incentive to work harder.

Too lean

Pros

Really do not have any.

Cons

No work life balance, you could work 20 hours a day and not get everything done that is expected of you.

Not Bad

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America as an intern

Pros

good work/life balance
    good compensation
    kind coworkers

Cons

not much recognition
    little room to grow

Bizarre Culture; Sold a Completely Different Job During The INterviw Process than What I am Doing

Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT

Pros

Strong appearance of working in a collaborative environment. Products and lines of business are very interesting. On the outside, people appear friendly and happy.

Cons

HR group is very disorganized in light of frequent turnover. Basic employee needs are overlooked, such as having a computer/work station and email on your first day. There is a very heavy and strange emphasis on their health and wellness culture while basic business concerns are ignored For example, your manager may yell at you for not holding on to a handrail on the stairs but not care if a governmental agency is knocking on the door for information. I get the feeling that no one genuinely trusts each otehr in light of all the reorganizations and turnover that has ocurred and employees are always watching their backs to protect their job security.

I was sold different job responsibilities than what I was originally told I would be doing during the interview process. Two weeks into my new job, I was informed that someone was being terminated and that I would assume all of their job duties that had nothing to do with my professional background.

Tone down the health and wellness stuff. It is overwhelming. Unless you set up a nap room like Google, it is truly hippoctrical bring a "sleep expert" as a guest speaker while setting the expectation to work 12+ hour days.

Dynamic, engaging company

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good salary, benefits, work-life balance. Great opportunity to learn from long tenure employees. Great technology, up to date. Strong managers/ VP's.

Cons

Tightly managed budget which causes elimination of positions to create others. Office culture in Stamford is a bit stuffy, could be more laid back. Much to absorb quickly.

Consider a less formal culture at Stamford.

Ok

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time

Pros

Goood Pay, a lot of overtime.

Cons

Hard Work., Supervisors expect that you work any day of the week, they scheduled you on your days off without consulting you.

Nestlé Waters North America Photos