Nestlé Waters North America

Updated September 20, 2014
Updated September 20, 2014
3.1

Tim Brown

Pros
  • Everyone leaves the office by 5:30pm so it provides great work-life balance (in 10 reviews)

• good pay, good benefits (if you are full time), exciting work environment (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has suffered as consolidations have taken place (in 8 reviews)

• Often work long hours 12-14 hours (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Fulfilling

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Awesome company values. Fast paced, lean organization. Strong drive for success as a leader in the category. Innovative in packaging and help reduce total carbon footprint.

Cons

Work life balance. Company is struggling with implementing new initiatives with current staffing.

Retails Sales Representative Overview

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fortune 100 company on resumé, flexible hours, gas card, car allowance, 401k, experience of running your own operation within territory. If you enjoy not having to work with the same people everyday, this could be a great position for you.

Cons

The company mainly promotes from within. While a good thing, it also means you aren't moving up unless someone else leaves or is promoted. If you do well, the bar is raised significantly higher for your next months sales goals.

A pay increase would keep employees in this position around longer. A base salary with commission would be an incentive to work harder.

Too lean

Pros

Really do not have any.

Cons

No work life balance, you could work 20 hours a day and not get everything done that is expected of you.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not Bad

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America as an intern

Pros

good work/life balance
    good compensation
    kind coworkers

Cons

not much recognition
    little room to grow

Bizarre Culture; Sold a Completely Different Job During The INterviw Process than What I am Doing

Current Employee - Manager  in  Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT

Pros

Strong appearance of working in a collaborative environment. Products and lines of business are very interesting. On the outside, people appear friendly and happy.

Cons

HR group is very disorganized in light of frequent turnover. Basic employee needs are overlooked, such as having a computer/work station and email on your first day. There is a very heavy and strange emphasis on their health and wellness culture while basic business concerns are ignored For example, your manager may yell at you for not holding on to a handrail on the stairs but not care if a governmental agency is knocking on the door for information. I get the feeling that no one genuinely trusts each otehr in light of all the reorganizations and turnover that has ocurred and employees are always watching their backs to protect their job security.

I was sold different job responsibilities than what I was originally told I would be doing during the interview process. Two weeks into my new job, I was informed that someone was being terminated and that I would assume all of their job duties that had nothing to do with my professional background.

Tone down the health and wellness stuff. It is overwhelming. Unless you set up a nap room like Google, it is truly hippoctrical bring a "sleep expert" as a guest speaker while setting the expectation to work 12+ hour days.

Dynamic, engaging company

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good salary, benefits, work-life balance. Great opportunity to learn from long tenure employees. Great technology, up to date. Strong managers/ VP's.

Cons

Tightly managed budget which causes elimination of positions to create others. Office culture in Stamford is a bit stuffy, could be more laid back. Much to absorb quickly.

Consider a less formal culture at Stamford.

Ok

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time

Pros

Goood Pay, a lot of overtime.

Cons

Hard Work., Supervisors expect that you work any day of the week, they scheduled you on your days off without consulting you.

Good Job, but company focus too much on adding diversity in leadership, creates discrimination in one respect.

Former Employee - Blowmold Supervisor  in  Hollis Center, ME
    Former Employee - Blowmold Supervisor in Hollis Center, ME

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good salary and benefits, challenging and self rewarding by sense of accomplishment. Good direction from Supervisory level to hourly employees.

Cons

Too much focus on adding diversity and women in leadership, management inconsistent with course of direction from corporate.

Look at plant and department management levels of Poland Spring facilities, bias in their views, character questions and trust issues from both hourly and supervisors.

it was ok, hard work

Former Employee - RSR  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - RSR in Chicago, IL

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

They helped me get my cdl

Cons

Selling and heavy lifting all day

Need AC in trucks. we live in a city where it gets hot.

Not a Company for NON WHITES.

Former Employee - No Need to Mention  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - No Need to Mention in New York, NY

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary is okay. Benefits are decent. However, NWNA is not making much profits, therefore, every year the Company is cutting back on benefits. More out of pocket expenses for the employees.

Cons

Total discrimination. Only white folks can get promoted, even if they do not have the qualifications for the job. Non Whites have to work the hardest with the longest hours and remain on the lowest pay scales. Non whites cannot expect a promotion. Promotions are only for whites.

The competition is hurting them and will continue to hurt them. They do not have the right management to over come that. They may feel that they are making two steps forward, but, in reality, they are making three steps backwards. They may feel that they are adding new customers. But, they are only churning their own customers. The Company does not practice what it preaches.

Worked for Nestlé Waters North America? Contribute to the Community!