Nestlé Waters North America

Nestlé Waters North America Reviews

Updated December 17, 2014
Updated December 17, 2014

Tim Brown

Pros
  • Everyone leaves the office by 5:30pm so it provides great work-life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Good benefits, not as stressful as most retail jobs (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has suffered as consolidations have taken place (in 12 reviews)

• Long hours, lots of sales promotions, have to pick uo other work (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

You will earn every dollar

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America

Pros

The drivers are great hard workers.

Cons

Long hours, constant change. Always asked and expected to do more with less which keeps adding to more hours everyday.

need to look to reduce hours for all employees. no work life balance and you know it. There is no balance for anyone. Management is expected to work during vacation and is frown upon if you don't.

Great Company

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow employees are good to work with care for one another and many are very driven.
    Ability to work in various departments gaining various experiences.

Cons

Ability to move up at times given lean teams.

Good company, great people, but not enough of them

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strong culture - strong values
    Focus on employee wellness and safety
    Fast paced consumer goods environment - products that you can be proud of

Cons

Company tries to work lean, but not enough resources to get all of the work done.
    More and more influence coming from European headquarters and other Nestle companies in the US
    Losing it's small company feel and entrepeneurial spirit.

Don't lose yourself and what makes the company great
    Focus on cross-functional alignment, not silos

Nestle-Waters North America

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Pros

Great products and brands
    Nestle name
    Pay/benefits are good
    Much opportunity for lateral move (to other Nestle Divisions).

Cons

Location for Canada not the best (Guelph)
    Work/Life balance is a challenge
    Negative/hostile corporate culture

Upton Sinclair Could Write A Book on This Place

Current Employee - QA Technician in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - QA Technician in Denver, CO

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

It was incredibly easy to be hired...which should have been a clue that the turn over rate is ridiculously high.

Cons

The shift I was told I would be working and that I agreed to work was to inclued a MAXIMUM of two 12 hour shift a work week. The second week I was there, I began my rotating schedule of three consecutive 12 hour shifts one week and four consecutive 12 hour shifts the second week.

I was not given proper training because my boss quit my third week there, one of the other techs was completely inept and pushed out of the department, and the only other tech had to take time off for family issues. Understaffing is obviously a huge issue as well.

The environment is also a very negative and non-nuturing one. People quit in droves on a monthly basis, and production operators are regularly scheduled for 70 hour work weeks. I was also told on my first day that no one is forced to work overttime, yet here I am scheduled for an average of 44 hours a week and the production operators are worked to the bone, without volunteering to do so. On a week that I had to go into the doctor because I was sick 2 out of the first 4 weeks I worked, I was scheduled to work 54 hours. Work-life balance is a laughable concept at this company.

Management is again, laughable. The quality department alone was in complete disarray, organization was clearly a foreign concept and keeping people that STILL could not understand the responsibilities of their position after 5 months is just negligent. It seems like this statement can be applied across the board.

Treat your workers as human beings. The business model of burning people out and forcing them to quit so you don't have to shell out severance is barbaric. The excuse that there is a down season during the colder months does not explain away the fact that the place is perpetually understaffed. I have never wanted to leave a company so quickly in my life, when my first interaction with a company involves a complete misrepresentation/lie about my shift and position, then I feel zero loyalty towards that company.

Solid Company

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice worker bee people and great global presence. Compensation is competitive

Cons

Some departments are really bad to work in, like Business Planning and Analysis, horrible atmosphere. Management and Exec Team leave a lot to be desired from a people standpoint. Boring product, might as well be selling insurance. There is a lack of passion behind a lot of the brands.

Great Experience / Terrible Life

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very progressive company. You will learn how to work LEAN at an incredible level. Compensation keeps pace with the industry.

Cons

You work 24/7/365 if you are in management. You get a phone and a laptop and you are expected to be available at all times. Never a weekend without calls or computer work. Never a week without late night phone calls. Teaches you the best Values you have ever heard and then ignores those values entirely. Legitimately 2-3 hours of meetings per day for even the lowest levels of factory management. One leader for 30-50 employees. Minimum of four hours of interviews with three different people just to hire a part time temp. International leadership pushing out high tech programs that have never passed a single test and then fail entirely when they go live. Lying to employees is encouraged, coached, and reworded. More of a clique oriented environment than high school.

Go on undercover boss. Take the risk of saying no to another layer of meetings and reports. Don't feel like you have to get your fingerprints on the organization by coming up with another program even if it isn't needed. The organization is being smothered into failure by management trying to one up each other at every level (example: employees wear goggles, hardhats, and gloves in all areas but the office in a clean modern and well lit facility just because if you don't add something you don't care enough)

Not a bad company to work for.

Current Employee - RSR in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - RSR in Winston-Salem, NC

Pros

Good benefits, not as stressful as most retail jobs. Weekends and holidays off

Cons

Job becomes very repetitive. Very little chance to advance up in the company.

Communicate more with the team, listen to ideas from the field

Very Bad

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, but are getting worse

Cons

Long Long hours, horrible culture

Route Driver

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great pay, good benefits only been here a year but they seem to be very family oriented.

Cons

Long hours, lots of sales promotions, have to pick uo other work

Since us (route drivers) are salaried. If we have to take on others workload we should be compensated. And hire more people to help cut back on hours worked

Nestlé Waters North America Photos