Nestlé Waters North America
www.nestlewatersnorthamerica.com Stamford, CT 5000+ Employees

Nestlé Waters North America Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Tim Brown

Pros:
  • "Everyone leaves the office by 5:30pm so it provides great work-life balance"
    in 9 reviews
  • "good pay, good benefits (if you are full time), exciting work environment"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance has suffered as consolidations have taken place"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Long hours and be prepared to work weekends and potentially holidays"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good entry level position

Market Development Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood brands to rep in a fun industry. Big company with a well known name.

Consunorganized and lacking leadership in middle management.

High turnover produces low morale

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

ProsOnly currently work 3-4 Saturdays a yr.
Good place to work if you're single and have the time to commit to a company as you would a marriage.
Immediate boss us usually accessible.

Safety is now being stressed at a greater level

ConsHigh turnover.
Salary, but work like an hourly employee who should be getting overtime. Some weeks are 50 hours, some are 70. There is no compensation for the long work weeks. Due to high turnover, the veterans have to pick up the slack without any compensation. "Thank you" is said but it only goes so far.

Because management has moved up in the company and worked long hours to get there, they strongly expect every driver to do the same whether or not they have they same ambitions or desire to give the same sacrifice of time and family to the company.

Pay has decreased in forms of bonuses quarterly.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer opportunities for employees to voice their opinions. When rolling out a new process, allow feedback not just at revealing of new process but later also so as to see the new process in action.

If you are fast at your job, you should be rewarded with getting to go home when your done, not being punished by having to "consistently" support slower or newer drivers. (more hours, no more pay)

There has not been an open time set aside (roundtable meeting) where drivers can sit down with management and talk about issues for almost 3 years. Supposedly, there have been some closed ones, but not one which is open to any driver who wants to give feedback and ask questions concerning the driver's job.

A decent company but very hard on your body.

Route Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent pay
Off on most weekends
Has lots of competitions for decent prizes ranging from the Nascar experience to paid time off.

ConsMost people end up requiring surgery after a few years here. I had to have 3 and lost my job because of it.
The company can require you to work 12 or 14 hours and if your truck breaks down it could be even longer.

Over promised under delivered

Key Account Sales Manager (Former Employee)
North Haven, CT

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits. Service team good.

ConsPeople don't leave companies, they leave their manager(s).

Advice to Senior ManagementThis market is flooded and I am unsure what to advise management on, other than to hold on as long as you can.

Nestle Waters

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for more than 8 years

ProsNestle Waters has great products and has a commitment to community and the environment. Employee's take pride in their products and services. Compensation and benefits are very competitive and bonuses at management level are consistently paid out.

ConsWork environment has been very challenging in the recent 3 years. Senior leadership ambition and local execution are not always congruent. Work-life balance has suffered as consolidations have taken place. IT challenges make it difficult to perform job at levels of excellence.

Commercial Sales Representative

Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Orange, CA

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent benefits, great company, Holidays, weekends off. No evening hours.

ConsMicro-managed, very little advancement opportunities, entry level job

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck on your Reps, some are cheating the company.

Dead End Job

Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBenefits are decent, No weekends, No Micromanagement

ConsBase salary is really $24,000 ($1,000 MORE THAN THE POVERTY LIMIT!) Recruiter and HR and Hiring Managers will include your car allowance $500.00 per week in your base salary. If you exclude the car allowance and Don't hit the quota (47 sales during peak) you only receive 80% of base salary = $24,000 (excluding car allowance) Extremely difficult to consistently hit quota 47 new accounts every month. You do not have a list of active customers so you visit 10-15 accounts every day that already have service. This is a great Entry Level Position if your just starting off but if you are a seasoned sales professional don't think twice RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Advice to Senior ManagementTurnover and Revolving Door will continue until you start paying the sales reps commission for everything they sell! To much emphasis on growing the branch and generating revenue for the branch instead of the employee. The commission structure is a complete joke and needs to be reconstructed to benefit the employee. Goals are totally inflated and unattainable!!!

Nestle Waters

Key Account Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Cherry Hill, NJ

ProsGreat Brands. Great People. Opportunities to grow.

ConsSalaries are low. Go to market strategies are frustrating.

Once was a great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThere are a lot of talented and genuinely wonderful people that work there. The people are the reason I stayed there for so many years.

ConsCulture has been changing. Even as large as this company is, the previous CEO always made employees feel that the customers and the employees created and kept the company successful...not so anymore.

NWNA is a great place to work

Stamford, CT

ProsNestle Waters believes in its employees and seeks to foster an environment of inclusion and transparency as much as possible. The company provides opportunities to learn and be part of an interactive work team. Leaders seek to understand what your ideas are and how they might be incorporated. NWNA offers excellent benefits with several to choose from based on your own individual needs. Additionally, the leaders offer a level of flexibility if something comes up and you need to leave early, etc. Hard work and being part of a team is the way of life here.

ConsThe organization is a flat organization so a clear career path isn't always evident. The review and career goals process will help with shedding light onto roles you may not know of which is great.

Worked for Nestlé Waters North America? Contribute to the Community!

Nestlé Waters North America Videos

Nestlé Waters North America – Why Work for Us?

With 36 years of experience promoting healthy hydration, Nestlé Waters North America has 15 leading bottled water brands in the U.S. The company's commitment to environmental stewardship, especially in the areas of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nestlé Waters North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nestlé Waters North America CEO Tim Brown. All 104 reviews posted anonymously by Nestlé Waters North America employees.