Nestlé Waters North America

Nestlé Waters North America Reviews

Updated December 17, 2014
Updated December 17, 2014

Tim Brown

Pros
  • Everyone leaves the office by 5:30pm so it provides great work-life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Good benefits, not as stressful as most retail jobs (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has suffered as consolidations have taken place (in 12 reviews)

• Long hours, lots of sales promotions, have to pick uo other work (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Too lean

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Really do not have any.

Cons

No work life balance, you could work 20 hours a day and not get everything done that is expected of you.

Retails Sales Representative Overview

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fortune 100 company on resumé, flexible hours, gas card, car allowance, 401k, experience of running your own operation within territory. If you enjoy not having to work with the same people everyday, this could be a great position for you.

Cons

The company mainly promotes from within. While a good thing, it also means you aren't moving up unless someone else leaves or is promoted. If you do well, the bar is raised significantly higher for your next months sales goals.

A pay increase would keep employees in this position around longer. A base salary with commission would be an incentive to work harder.

Fulfilling

Pros

Awesome company values. Fast paced, lean organization. Strong drive for success as a leader in the category. Innovative in packaging and help reduce total carbon footprint.

Cons

Work life balance. Company is struggling with implementing new initiatives with current staffing.

Dynamic, engaging company

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good salary, benefits, work-life balance. Great opportunity to learn from long tenure employees. Great technology, up to date. Strong managers/ VP's.

Cons

Tightly managed budget which causes elimination of positions to create others. Office culture in Stamford is a bit stuffy, could be more laid back. Much to absorb quickly.

Consider a less formal culture at Stamford.

Bizarre Culture; Sold a Completely Different Job During The INterviw Process than What I am Doing

Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT

Pros

Strong appearance of working in a collaborative environment. Products and lines of business are very interesting. On the outside, people appear friendly and happy.

Cons

HR group is very disorganized in light of frequent turnover. Basic employee needs are overlooked, such as having a computer/work station and email on your first day. There is a very heavy and strange emphasis on their health and wellness culture while basic business concerns are ignored For example, your manager may yell at you for not holding on to a handrail on the stairs but not care if a governmental agency is knocking on the door for information. I get the feeling that no one genuinely trusts each otehr in light of all the reorganizations and turnover that has ocurred and employees are always watching their backs to protect their job security.

I was sold different job responsibilities than what I was originally told I would be doing during the interview process. Two weeks into my new job, I was informed that someone was being terminated and that I would assume all of their job duties that had nothing to do with my professional background.

Tone down the health and wellness stuff. It is overwhelming. Unless you set up a nap room like Google, it is truly hippoctrical bring a "sleep expert" as a guest speaker while setting the expectation to work 12+ hour days.

Ok

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time

Pros

Goood Pay, a lot of overtime.

Cons

Hard Work., Supervisors expect that you work any day of the week, they scheduled you on your days off without consulting you.

it was ok, hard work

Former Employee - RSR in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - RSR in Chicago, IL

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They helped me get my cdl

Cons

Selling and heavy lifting all day

Need AC in trucks. we live in a city where it gets hot.

Good Job, but company focus too much on adding diversity in leadership, creates discrimination in one respect.

Former Employee - Blowmold Supervisor in Hollis Center, ME
    Former Employee - Blowmold Supervisor in Hollis Center, ME

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good salary and benefits, challenging and self rewarding by sense of accomplishment. Good direction from Supervisory level to hourly employees.

Cons

Too much focus on adding diversity and women in leadership, management inconsistent with course of direction from corporate.

Look at plant and department management levels of Poland Spring facilities, bias in their views, character questions and trust issues from both hourly and supervisors.

Committed to building a strong culture in a challenging business environment

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

In some positions there are flexible work schedules and the culture is sensitive to family issues and work/life balance. The pay is competitive. There are many long term employees - 10, 20, 25 years of service, which says a lot about stability and workplace satisfaction. Lots of smart, talented, dedicated people work at NWNA. A wellness culture is highly promoted, giving employees an opportunity to improve their overall health.

Cons

Management positions are entrenched with long term employees comfortable with their positions, making advancement for newer employees difficult. Although strides are being made towards more fair employee performance reviews, the process for advancement is still political and subjective. Management is struggling to meet current business challenges due to a highly competitive category. The organization is lean and has to do more with less.

Continue working towards more fair employee reviews and promotions. Avoid the tendency of too much centralization of leadership, culture, and ideas from Stamford. The company was built regionally and there are good ideas and leaders out in the field. Keep fighting the good fight against low cost competitors. Be more aggressive with promoting the higher margin products. Bring advertising and marketing campaigns to fruition faster and place more focus on diversity in the ads. Adopt best practices from sister Nestle companies which achieve better business results than you.

Employed for over five years

Current Employee - Unit Leader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Unit Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This is a Team environment

Cons

Often work long hours 12-14 hours

leverage your relationship building skills

Nestlé Waters North America Photos