Nestlé Waters North America

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Not a career, good for experience. That's it! Money is average and expect to work long hours and lots of driving.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, pay is very average. Cost of living raise ONLY if you make all your goals, difficult. Yearly bonus is usually 10% of your salary but again it's a bonus and there have been years where there was no bonus and years where you made 7%. Good work life balance but accounts could call you any time of the day for you to come by and help out. It's a job that really doesn't make sense.

Cons

Many, pay is very average like I said and there is almost no room for advancement. They laid employees off every year I was there and turnover is very high. They seem to hire new graduates from college and from what I have seen people are gone within 2-3 years on average. It's a stepping stone and not a career. Only way to move up the ladder is to relocate to some state you are not interested in moving to or corporate which is in Conn. I don't know a single rep that was promoted to a higher position to corporate. If you DO get promoted and it's possible after a couple of years (they don't promote the first two years of employment) you will receive a 10% raise and that's about it. You are on your own for relocation costs and it's really just to move up a level not so much the money. More to worry about as well as your job security is not as stable as as reps. It's really a no win situation coming to Nestle Waters a sales rep. If you don't mind driving 3 hrs a day and working in stores 7 hrs moving around cases of water and making displays. This is cases of water we are talking about, not exactly light. It's definitely a heavy labor job. I would strongly advise someone who was offered this job to do a "Work with" to shadow a rep and really see what goes on. Expect to sweat every day and have you phone ringing all day with issues. No commission and that's one of the big negatives to this job as well as the company CONSTANTLY changing direction. Change is fine but not every other month. To me the job just didn't make sense.

Advice to Management

You need to seriously revamp the job description and expectations. You can't state what you state in your job description because that is too vague. This job has you doing just silly/stupid things that don't make sense. Let the reps make their own set schedule each day and stop micro managing everything. Give individual commission and bonus. Way too many reps dragging their feet and it's not fair to the hard working ones. Give more praise to the reps that do a good job. Give more than a cost of living raise. Why do you have to make your yearly objectives to get a 2-3% increase in salary? That's unreal. PROMOTE from within and just make the job have more sense of worth. Out of all the jobs I had this job just didn't make sense overall. You attract these young graduates and some of them are hard workers but when you don't promote after 2-3 years and don't give much of a raise this is what happens, BIG TIME TURNOVER.

technician

Former Employee - Production Technician in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Production Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America

Pros

decent compensation package with benefits being part of the equation ...

Cons

monotonous work with threats of being "written up" if found sitting - 12 hour shifts are way too long given minimal breaks

Advice to Management

treat employees as people NOT as a cog in the wheel and compensate employees with seniority - those on the job 180 days make the same as those on the job ten years or more.

Not the same company that it once was

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, and good benefits

Cons

No room for advancement, lack of team work

Advice to Management

Management above Unit Leader needs to spend more time in a route truck

5. Temp position for Nestle. Work was rewarding.

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America (Less than a year)

Pros

Always knew what was expected. Company seemed to really care about their employee's. Benefits of their employees seemed above average.

Cons

24 Hour operations, not always able to speak directly with employee, supervisor, or manager. Time card system seemed to be off-liner quite often for hourly employees.

Advice to Management

Consider allowing employees to have more input into work method improvements and working conditions. Reward employee performance more often.

General Info

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not many, pay and benefits are ok

Cons

hours of work, last min schdule changes, lack of direction, only one real leader at the site, management over all is bad with the exception of the maintenance manager. little real recognition for employees, no communication for anything, moral is low, people dont want to com to work

Advice to Management

get on the same page and communicate with employees. have a vision and share it, you do no good like it is now, everythign is a secret and you have no clue what to do to make this place better. everyoen quits because there is no real training, have an actual training program for all employees and managers.

Great experience

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America

Pros

The management cares about employee. You will definitely not be stagnant in your job if you can be proactive. Great work life balance.

Cons

Top heavy management. Can be a hirarchical.

8. Work and no play

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America

Pros

Great staff
    Family style environment among the staff
    You do everything yourself so great learning school to know the red flags on your next job.

Cons

Upper management makes very poor decision. Yet you are the one doing the work. Highly political environment. It doesn't matter how well you do your work it's about who likes you and who doesn't. Great name on a resume but do yourself a favor don't waste your time they won't promote or appreciate your work.

9. A place to work

I have been working at Nestlé Waters North America

Pros

A company that has opportunities if you want to move

Cons

Micromanaging and new technology is 15 years behind

Advice to Management

They say they are there to support you. Not sure what direction the company is going

long hours

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America

Pros

decent salary, day shift position

Cons

no work life balance. unreasonable expectations

11. A fast paced, high output setting, almost no room for mistakes. Intense training period.

Former Employee - Logistics in Hollis Center, ME
    Former Employee - Logistics in Hollis Center, ME

I worked at Nestlé Waters North America

Pros

Good salary, good benefits. Employees help one another. A bit of a "family" atmosphere if you will, with an emphasis put on safety.

Cons

The main problem (for me anyway) was the 6PM to 6AM shift. I gave it a real effort (after all, this was a great opportunity) but I was absolutely stupid by 3 o'clock in the morning. As I was in Logistics and driving a forklift in a very fast paced atmosphere, it made for some very unsafe conditions (for me as well as my fellow employees).

Advice to Management

Management seemed to be on the ball. however, if you would like a more diverse and capable workforce ,( while not pushing individuals to their absolute limits) consider different scheduling scenarios.

RSS Feed </> Embed