Net Data Centers Reviews

2.4
Pervez P. Delawalla

Short employment.

I worked at Net Data Centers

Pros

Schedule flexible, multiple work sites, good employees, fun lunches, good learning environment when available. Multiple vendor exposure so it leads to exposure to lots of different networking and security hardware.

Cons

Work life imbalance. Twenty four hour coverage, lack of training of the noc personnel. Tail wags the dog syndrome. Lacks transparency between executives and operations. Surprised by the lay-offs.

Strongly consider any other options!

I have been working at Net Data Centers

Pros

Chance for young entry level without family.

Cons

No notice layoffs, few reviews, No room for growth, Tight knit inner circle

Advice to Management

Develop talent

Can't control spend or keep focus

I worked at Net Data Centers (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people we're great, but the owner was terrible. The whole moral of the company went down after massive changes because of poor decisions by a bad leader.

Cons

C level - aka the owner. Had no vision, no focus and didn't know what to do with money so he fired everyone and didn't have the balls to do it himself.

Advice to Management

Get out while you can!

Big hat, no cattle

Former Employee - Administrative Professional in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Professional in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Net Data Centers full-time

Pros

Casual environment and good location

Cons

Under-qualified leadership and unclear, fluctuating direction

Advice to Management

Expand your education or at least be smart enough to be aware of your limitations.

6. Challenging, fast-paced environment

I have been working at Net Data Centers full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers who are all passionate about the work they do. Wonderful open office environment with nice light in a great location of the South Bay. The work-life balance and benefits are great for anyone with a family. It is quite inspiring how much this company has accomplished and how much it has grown organically through hard work and innovation alone.

Cons

There were some legacy practices that took some time to transform, but overall not a negative challenge to have. Because there are data center locations across the country sometimes the team building activities are separated into regions.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue focusing on what the company is best at - building customized high-quality technology solutions.

7. Good potential

I have been working at Net Data Centers full-time (more than a year)

Pros

What is great about Net DC is that everyone tries to work together as team. We all try to encourage each other to do better as individuals and as a company. The benefits are not bad and the company is also flexible with work hours.

Cons

Salaries can be better. Management should hire within the company and provide better training.

Advice to Management

Communication is the key to success!

8. Growing Company

I have been working at Net Data Centers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Definitely a growing company! A lot of good changes within the past year. Insurance benefits are great! We get catered lunches once a week which is awesome! Besides the benefits, Net Data Centers has been working really hard to come up with ways to grow the company and create an environment that employees will love. If you work hard and show interest in your work then you will move up quickly. The company genuinely cares about the employees working here. When I first started the company I didn't see a lot of interaction with corporate employees with data center employees. That has completely changed for the better! With more training courses in place, ongoing updates, more corporate and data center employee communication Net Data Centers has become a great place to work. I've noticed the change not too long after the company had a name change to Net Data Centers. I am hopefull the company will continue to grow even stronger and with great talented employees!

Cons

The past haunts this company. In the past the company had no real processes, training, good communication, or employee interactions. I do see a change in all that but in order for it to completely turn around the company must stay consistent with the changes. There is definitely hope for this company because there is a lot of passion and individuals who really care about the future of Net Data Centers.

Advice to Management

Stay consistent and lead by example. Believe in your employees and reward the ones that are genuinely working really hard. Communicate, communicate, and communicate with your employees. Having different sites can sometimes be difficult but if you constantly communicate with our other sites within the company the employees will feel part of a bigger team. Hire within if possible. Continue with more training courses. This will only make Net Data Centers stronger.

Good place to get your foot in the door of a datacenter.

I worked at Net Data Centers full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Get to interact with great customers.
    Opportunity to build skill sets with servers, calling, and facilities engineering.
    Work amongst other high-profile companies in the datacenter.
    In a nutshell, good place to start building a professional network.

Cons

Consolidating instead of expanding.
    Lack of leadership on east coast.
    Poor internal communication between departments (sales, operations, etc).
    Behind in technologies like Cloud.
    Uncompetitive wages.
    Internal ticketing system is lacking many necessary features.
    Poor training practices.

Advice to Management

Value your low-level employees, or they (and their managers) will keep leaving.
    Train employees on how to do things before you ask them to do them.

not a good place to work

Former Employee - NOC Tech in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Net Data Centers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

there are no pros for this compy

Cons

low pay, bad management no opportunity for growth

Avoid Net2SLEEZY like the plague. Lowest compensation for a NOC out there, no career growth opportunity, unprofessional

Former Employee - NOC Tech in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Net Data Centers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Simple ticketing interface, nice employees, manageable work load, and it only takes 3 months to become a permanent employee if you make it that long. If you're looking for a place to simply bide your time while you're looking for something else, this may be your job. That's all it is to everyone else.

Cons

Absolutely atrocious upper-management. This place has people leaving every month, from employees, customers, to managers. NO ONE sticks around. Be prepared for some pseudo-inspirational talk about how you can go far here only to get the real story from the actual veterans who have stayed longer than 6 months (Yes, 6 months at Net2EZ practically makes you a veteran. Everyone else leaves and goes to Yahoo!, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Symantec, etc)

First thing everyone is going to tell you when you walk in the door is to try to get in with the other companies that operate within the facility or in the area ASAP. Compensation here is the lowest I've seen for any NOC Tech (Northern VA), and I knew people who had stayed at $15 after having been with the company for over 3 years. They simply do not care about you at this company, and as such the employees eventually lose the will to do a good job because by that time they're already entertaining other offers anyways.

As for training... What training? You'll find that it's simply a matter of whether you're lucky enough to work with someone who's been there for long enough or has past experience as a NOC and is willing to teach you how things work. Don't be surprised if you're asked to decommission a cage even if you've never done it before and despite the obvious safety concerns. They ask the world of you and provide no guidance.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the LA attitude when it comes to how you manage your employees. There's a reason you can't keep people around and it has nothing to do with the hiring pool. You've got to know you're on your way out at this point, so my guess is there's likely been enough incentive between customers and talent leaving that you folks may FINALLY have a light bulb coming on, but I doubt it.

Do I sound bitter? It's because I am. The way I and others were treated was simply unprofessional, and we all wanted to do a good job. I'd spoken with customers directly a few times during my time there and let's just say they had more stories to tell me about the history of Net2EZ towards its employees than I had to tell them. You need to start treating people better, period, or you're finished.