Net.Orange

Updated July 2, 2014
2.7

Net.Orange CEO and Founder Vasu Rangadass
Vasu Rangadass

Lots of changes but could be worth sticking around

Current Employee - Developer in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Developer in Addison, TX

I have been working at Net.Orange full-time (more than an year)

Pros

* People
    * Product
    * Stock Options
    * Location
    * Lunch on Friday's
    * HR and Accounting are Responsive but Expenses are paid very, very late

Cons

* People
    * Product has issues - Engineering not willing to accept responsibility
    * Sometimes Cut-Throat Culture
    * Lack of sharing knowledge
    * Too Top Heavy - Lot's of VP's and Chief Level

I think the executive team should just be a few people - there are so many VP Levels; and should listen to the Developer's. Even if someone is new, they still have something to add.

Great things are happening

Current Employee - Project Management in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Management in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Net.Orange full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The team at Net.Orange is working hard to create a world-class application that will make a difference in the healthcare space. I enjoy getting up and going to work with smart, talented folks that want to bring a change to the current challenges facing healthcare in the US. My overall experience has been positive. The interview process was professional; interviewed over the phone with HR, and then met several teams members during a long round of interviews. Received offer shortly thereafter.

Cons

There are definitely some teams and groups that already well established; it can be difficiult for information to be exchanged however I think the new Boot Camp classes are helping and truly making a difference

We need some sort of sales and marketing presence. We really don't have much in those areas - we have a great product - we need to go out and sell it!!!

Don't even bother....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I have been working at Net.Orange full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I can not think of a single pro

Cons

The c-suite leadership and their side kicks are sorely lacking any hint of the core qualifications needed to turn around this organization. The leaders continue to treat this as their pet project instead of a multi-million dollar organization. With each new client comes more pressure for the over-worked and unappreciated workforce who carries the load. It is painful to watch the antics of those in power and see the lack of respect for clients and employees alike. Employees begin on a pedestal with the expectation of perfection and 24/7 availability partnered with exactly zero support from leadership. With the first perceived misstep, that same shining star falls to be bottom of the barrel and is castigated by management. Can that many bad apples get through the gates at Net.Orange? It has happened one too many times and at some point clients, investors and others will take notice. Certainly the other shoe will drop if those who have the ability to turn over the c-level leadership do not take action. If you are considering a position within this organization, even if you are desperate, think twice. There are some life lessons no one needs or deserves to learn. Seasoned professionals, see through the smoke and mirrors and trust your gut. Just say no.

Net.Orange's application is amazing

Current Employee - Professional Services
    Current Employee - Professional Services

I have been working at Net.Orange full-time

Pros

NDO is making a complete change to the healthcare eco-culture because of the application; if the company can take off, only great things will transpire

Cons

still in a 'growth mode'; needs some organization; development needs to work better with project management and IT - all areas actually; need a sales team; need some kind of marketing; multiple internal systems; more access to sharing information

get stronger sales team to help get the brand out; get more structure around the interview process - some people get to participate and some dont;

A great bunch of people and an exciting company to work for. The CEO is passionate about the product and the company.

Current Employee - Administrative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Net.Orange full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Dynamic environment, high energy, a lot of excitement as the company grows. Employees' contributions are truly appreciated. Everyone truly cares about the company and each other. There are a lot of group activities acrross functional lines. There are employees who have been with the company since the beginning because they truly believe in what we are doing.

Cons

The hours are long for most of the staff and it is sometimes difficult to take time off. It is a start up company and we are feeling some growing pains. We are still learning.

Keep letting the employees know how important they are to you.

Company has growing pains but enjoying the ride

Current Employee - User Experience Developer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - User Experience Developer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Net.Orange full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Progressive culture, fun people, diverse culture, CEO is outgoing and visible in the office, really feel like we are making a difference in the healthcare, company is growing, very relaxed environment

Cons

late nights working with development in India, tight deadlines, sometimes feel overworked in development, no 401K match

Need some additional structure around direction of company; seem top-heavy, really like Development leaders

Unlimited growth potential and a fantastic team of leaders and colleagues.

Current Employee - Creative in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Creative in Addison, TX

I have been working at Net.Orange full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture at Net.Orange is one of the best I've had the pleasure to experience. I've been lucky enough to expand my role and grow with the company over the past six years. We have a wonderful group of bright, talented employees and the executive level management are fantastic mentors, always available and willing to listen to their employees.

Cons

Upper management is incredibly receptive to input from all levels of employees and communication from all departments. I've been with the company since the beginning and am proud of the work we do. The growing pains have all been worth it and I look forward to a bright future.

This pace is a toxic waste heap of ineptitude and egos

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Net.Orange full-time (more than an year)

Pros

cool business cards - an interesting idea

Cons

A CEO and "Chief Experience Office ?!) and CTO (both prima donnas) that have zero experience in healthcare and devices yet they act as though they invented it all. I'm surprised they have lasted this long. They must have gobbled through all of the VC money by now.

Get out of healthcare - you obviously know nothing about it. Stick to supply chain management.

It's been a very long and hard 3 years with this company and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Net.Orange

Pros

-Ability to learn new technologies
    -Ability to learn industry information
    -Ability to work from home often
    -Very competent sales team
    -Employees are very smart and hard working
    -Benefits are good for such a small company
    -Location

Cons

-Extremely demanding deadlines
    -Development team is not consulted on project timelines
    -Long work hours - it's typical to work over 70 hours per week (weekends and nights) to meet deliverables.
    -It seems impossible to please management. Positive feedback does not come easy, even when it's obvious how hard the team is working.
    -There is little or no verbal recognition of hard work by IT employees. There is recognition on other teams, just not IT.
    -Expectation to learn new technologies without any time to train or research. It's typical for a new technology to be chosen in the middle of a project which already has a very tight deadline. IT employees have to scramble to change all of the code and still meet the deadline.

-The development team is overworked and burned out. We can't keep going from stressful project to stressful project with no downtime. In IT we expect to have periods of long hours and stressful implementations, but constantly is too much for any human to handle. Almost every meeting we have includes a conversation about the long work hours we are working.
    -Management expectations of IT employees is too high. Expecting someone to perform a function they've never done before and to do it as if they were an expert the first time is a mistake. Most people need time to learn a little before they before proficient. The project schedules leave no time for that. It leads to bad design decisions.
    -You need to hire more staff to relieve the current team. You keep telling us to recruit, but hardly anyone is getting hired.
    -Sales team needs to make sure a deadline is obtainable before signing contracts with clients. Especially when the few employees we have are already spread thinly. It's exciting to make a sell, but it's a disaster if we can't deliver.
    -IT Management needs to allow the architects to make more technical decisions without constant micro-managing. Reviews by management are good, but they need to be done before the project is too far along.
    -The company needs to hire an experienced IT management team with knowledge of setting up procedures and processes. The current IT management team is good at strategic planning, but terrible at putting in an infrastructure.
    - We have a great product, but unless the proper management team is brought in, it will all fail.

Crap Place to work

I have been working at Net.Orange

Pros

Only the product it good.

Cons

No Process.
    Crap Management