Net-a-Porter

Net-a-Porter Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Net-a-Porter CEO Natalie Massenet

Natalie Massenet

Great incentives but management is not geared to resolve issues.

E-commerce Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Net-a-Porter full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe benefits offered by the company are constantly accessed and designed to fit the needs of employees. I enjoy receiving a discount on high fashion merchandise and this is one of the strongest incentives. Social events are hosted by the company for all personnel and it helps to take the stress off during busy sale periods.

ConsThere is a trend of temporary employees becoming permanent and being promoted. Permanent employees are never considered and if they are, one has to apply at least twice before being considered or even offered a position. Cross training is not offered, but it is discussed by managers quite often. I was encouraged to supervise personnel on several occasions, but have yet to be promoted or offered a management role.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpportunities for promotion should be offered to "seasoned" personnel and not temporary employees who may fit the qualifications for a position but lack "loyalty" and "dedication" to the values of the business. You want to hire employees who contribute to the growth of the company...so look within the organization.

Customer Care Advisor

Customer Care Advisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Net-a-Porter full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat co-workers, nice office, decent pay in this industry

Consno management, no growth unless you are your manager's favorite

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to feedback and invest time and money into your current employees instead of hiring temps

Degrading, unethical, inhumane place to work!!!!

E-commerce Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee)

ProsGorgeous office facility
Nice break area and cafe
Fitness center
Free parking

ConsDistribution management degrades employes especially team a nights managers. Not personable, don't care about staff only use them to make themselves look better. When it's time for a raise or bonus the overnight manager finds reason to fire half the team or not give a raise or bonus.
Overnight team A managers are constantly looking for the negative in their workers. There the glass half empty type of people. Don't work on the overnight team A. You'll be treated like kids who are misbehaving not adults.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet proper management training. If you don't like being a manager, QUIT. We don't need you directing people. Consider the human side of things sometimes. Be more positive. Strive to make the work environment fun, your employees will possibly be more productive. It is a warehouse, fight a little harder for people who are showing up and contributing to the great success of DC2 and the company as a whole. Yeah numbers don't lie, but people do. Please stop lying to yourselves that your being the best you can be and really leading the way you should. People, your team, is coming to work because they want to be there. I don't think most people even live in Mahwah. So, it really says a lot about the employees who are going the distance to be there apart of your team. Don't degrade them as soon as they get to work on your shift. At least respect them as humans and try to be understanding of things happening outside of DC2. Be more understanding. Your team will be more productive.

Best Job I've Ever Had

Team Leader (Current Employee)

I have been working at Net-a-Porter full-time for more than a year

ProsPromotion based on work, Great bosses, Great benifits, Fantastic discount , The harder you work the higher you can get in the company. 4 days on 4 days off ,I've had many jobs in my life and this is by far the best company I've EVER worked for!!! Thank you Net-A-Porter and Natalie and my Team B

Cons30 hour pay week every other month because of how pay period ends on our 4 day rotation is killing morale and hurting the everyone who works in the dist. center

Advice to Senior ManagementChange pay dates back to what it was

I enjoy my experience with company.

Customer Care (Former Employee)

I worked at Net-a-Porter full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe Compensations was great at the company.

ConsIt is not cool to show Favoritism.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the warehouse workers know that you appreciate them for their hard work.

Terrible

Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Net-a-Porter as a contractor for less than a year

ProsMeeting new people
The cafeteria was ok

ConsMajority of the people that work here start out as temps which is pathetic. They promise that this is a temp to permanent job. Thats how they get you. Its all lies, they keep maybe 2 out of 30 people. The only people who dont start out as temps are people who know someone in upper management. (ie: family members) I would suggest if you ever get hired to work here, find another job quickly. They dont tell you anything, you can get terminated at any time.

People are constantly getting fired left and right. Many of the people that work here are phony.

Then you have people working as seniors and managers who should of never gotten the job in the first place. This is where having friends and family members that work in upper management help apparently. They only come to work just to show off the clothes they bought on clearance. Many of them are not very bright. Majority of them spend their time shopping then actually doing work.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your job, communicate and stop being phony.

Eh...

Warehouse Packer (Former Employee)

I worked at Net-a-Porter as a contractor for less than a year

ProsSome of the employees are nice.

ConsIf you are looking to work in a high school environment, this is the place! This is a bizarre environment that condones loud obnoxious behavior and has under qualified management.

Two lies they told us: 1. Full time work guaranteed. I was a temp worker and was promised full time hours. After 2 weeks, the floor manager changed our hours to part time.
2. There are 13 open positions and they will be hiring. More like firing and no, if they did hire people, it was maybe one out of 40 people.

While I was working there, I was told by many full time employees that in order to get a permanent position, you must suck up to the management. I witnessed it and yes, it is true. Favoritism rules this place. I also learned that the management convinced the permanent employees not to start a union. Even threatened that some privileges would be taken away. I was told to never speak about unions in front of the management, because if I did, I would be on the watch list. This was alarming given the long grueling hours these employees endure along with a paycheck that hardly pays the bills. There is also absolutely no growth opportunities at this company. Many employees that have worked there for years have had no opportunity to get a bigger paycheck or another higher paid position.

As for the management, they do whatever they want. One word: bullies. They lecture employees as if they are children and do so in front of everyone. I suppose humiliating employees is their tactic to keep everyone in line.

Good luck if you decide to work the nightshift at Net-A-Porter, but you might want to find another job in the meantime.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate like respectable adults and presuppose that you are better than any temp worker that walks in.

Disappointed!!!

I have been working at Net-a-Porter

ProsBeautiful office space and architecture.

ConsPoor warehouse and HR management. No talent or development program for employee. Poor internal employee recruitment process.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs additional training!!

unbelievable

I have been working at Net-a-Porter full-time for more than 3 years

Prosbeautiful office space
amazing co-workers
great atmosphere

Consclueless HR
unprofessional/under qualified management

Advice to Senior Managementwake up and smell the flowers

great company to have on your resume

Editorial (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Net-a-Porter as an intern for more than a year

Prosyou get to work with fun talented people and you get an amazing discount on all clothing.
You are also always busy which makes the day go by fast.

Conspoor communication between management and their teams.
not offered a great competitive salary.
it's really hard and really competitive to move up in the company

Worked for Net-a-Porter? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Net-a-Porter reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Net-a-Porter CEO Natalie Massenet. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by Net-a-Porter employees.