NetApp

NetApp Reviews in Chicago, IL

NetApp President & CEO Tom Georgens

Tom Georgens

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

NetApp is one of best companies to work for

Sales Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at NetApp full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNetApp is a very progressive-minded company, and I would love to work for them again, given the opportunity.

ConsStorage Sales individuals need to sell more than just the storage. There are many additional software offerings which can further enhance a NetApp acquisition, and customers will pay for the added functionality when it improves operational efficiency, as NetApp software will do.

Advice to Senior ManagementObtain and utilize 360 review information.

It's ok

Enterprise AM (Current Employee)

I have been working at NetApp full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork/life balance is very good but a lot of the culture is overrated

ConsSenior management is very stale

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower the employees

Solid Place with Solid People

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at NetApp full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people at NetApp are outstanding. If an employee or customer needs help there is always someone ready.

ConsThe work life balance is a little off at time but management is trying to address this topic. Recently the marketing has gotten ahead of some of the product capability. The company grew very fast and part of what motivated employees was the stock price and upward mobility with these absent many good people are leaving.

Great Place

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at NetApp

Prosgood compensation. Respected company. If you are going to be working in the main headquarters @ Sunnyvale Ca. it is a different company. Very up beat and positive. If you are in the field there are none of the benefits.

ConsCurrent cutbacks seriously hamper your ability to sell. NetApp is a great, growing company. They are a small company that got really big, really fast. They are not an enterprise player as they tout. They do not understand the concepts of selling in an enterprise space.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of some middle managment and add some resources to the field folks. We are dying out here. I am subsidizing your company by paying my own cell phones(>150$), eating most of my milage, travel, customer meals, and other travel expenses. it is silly.

Worked for NetApp? Contribute to the Community!

NetApp Videos

NetApp – Why Work for Us?

At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost. Our global setting highly values and fosters a healthy and happy work-life balance. Plus, our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NetApp reviews and ratings in Chicago, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NetApp CEO Tom Georgens. All reviews posted anonymously by NetApp employees.