NetApp

Updated October 12, 2014
5.0

NetApp President & CEO Tom Georgens
Tom Georgens

Pros
  • Apparently they have a good work life balance which amounts to not doing much work (in 154 reviews)

• NetApp has been on the Fortune magazine's "great place to work" list for 12 years in a row (in 78 reviews)

Cons
  • Too much of work life balance leads to laziness in employees (in 27 reviews)

• Has its share of jerks in middle management that can make your life Hell (in 41 reviews)

More Highlights

8 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Great Company to work for

Former Employee - Technical Program Manager in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Technical Program Manager in Durham, NC

I worked at NetApp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

-Excellent Benefits and work culture
    -Opportunities to Grow both technically as well as in leadership roles
    -Good work life balance
    -Management is good and leading with example

Cons

-Its a great product company but some work has to be done to deliver end-to-end solutions and programs

NetApp is trying to make the transition to a Big Company

Former Employee - Middle Management in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Middle Management in Durham, NC

I worked at NetApp full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay, employee appreciation, a good place to work, meaningful work.

Cons

An expanding middle layer of management that is more concerned with politics then producing a great product. NetApp is losing their lead, their innovation, the engine that drove their success is almost out, yet they haven't been able to turn the corner and be an efficient management company like EMC. They are ruthless, like EMC; but, without the effectiveness of EMC.

Become a ruthless and effective shark like EMC, or an innovative company like the old NetApp. Standing in the middle of the road will get you run over.

Mixed

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Durham, NC

I have been working at NetApp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Netapp is a great company to work for. Awesome perks and the management is very approachable.

Cons

Career path is significantly difficult. Promotions are very hard to come by.

Consider promoting employees based on their talent, not solely based on how loud they can talk.

NetApp TSE

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer III in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer III in Durham, NC

I have been working at NetApp

Pros

Challenging work, Typical day is 8 hours

Cons

Case workload is excessive at times. Understaffed

Continue to add new hire Technical Support Engineer, so we can avoid burnout.

NetApp is an amazing place to work

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Durham, NC

I have been working at NetApp

Pros

Great culture! Very nice work environment, everyone is very friendly. Having come from a small business background, this was a great change in terms of size. They still function like a small company, from their corporate events to the way they treat their employees. Your voice is heard when you feel something should be. I've never met a nicer group of people than those that I work with. Everyone there is a friendly genious! They screen their staff very well. They are also a very honest company. Where other companies will bloat results, NetApp seems to be the honest one that gives true expectations from their fantastic technology.

Cons

I have to drive there?

Great job. Great listeners which is very important to a healthy staff.

Netapp is a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at NetApp

Pros

Culture, awesome benefits and pay

Cons

There are no downsides at Netapp

keep the company the way it is.

netapp rocks

Current Employee - MTS4 in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - MTS4 in Durham, NC

I have been working at NetApp

Pros

netapp offer a good work-life balance, flexi-hours, variety of timeoffs, one can choose the team they want to work for, one can even choose the kind of profile he/she wants to grow, high career growth , people around you are equally passionate about the work and taking company miles ahead of the competition. it is like a close knitted family. people from different background, different culture do not just get chance to work together but share their culture ,express themselves through variety of events. we give so much back to the society by participating in food bank drives etc social events. the executives are just for it and we see them as heroes

Cons

have not seen any todate

they are great

NetApp: A Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Durham, NC

I have been working at NetApp

Pros

NetApp provides you with the some of the best benefits, including paid-time off to volunteer, party "beer-bash" every Friday at various NetApp sites, and many more. NetApp is still a relatively small company where you have a chance of contributing and getting proper recognition for the contribution.
    The culture is very open: the management communicates directly with employees and work with them to help the company grow.
    The promotions I have noticed usually happen from within and I think that people here have a vast set of career opportunities to choose from.
    One of the best things about working at NetApp is that the people you work with truly believe in their work and everyone actually wants to be here.

Cons

The NetApp compensation is at industry average, rather than being higher.
    I work at one the the remote site's of the company and it seems that the environment can be somewhat different at the remote sites than the headquarter in SVL.

Keep doing what you are doing and help the company grow at an even faster rate.