NetApp
www.netapp.com Sunnyvale, CA 5000+ Employees

NetApp Reviews

Updated Nov 8, 2013

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros:
  • "It's a place where you feel you can make a difference without sacrificing your work-life balance"
    in 90 reviews
  • "NetApp has been on the Fortune magazine's "great place to work" list for 12 years in a row"
    in 70 reviews
Cons:
  • "The manager sets the tone for the group in terms of culture and work/life balance"
    in 21 reviews
  • "Stagnation at middle management layer; Alignment issues at senior management layer"
    in 34 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Outstanding

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NetApp

Proschallenging, great pay, good moral

Conslimited promotional opportunities without technical background

AMAZING

I have been working at NetApp full-time

Proseverything, there is absolutly nothing that could ever be wrong with this company. I love it love it love it

Consnothing. do not try and tell me to write more. There is nothing else i could possibly put in here.

Best place I have ever worked.

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee)
Wichita, KS

I have been working at NetApp full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat co-workers! There are tons of opportunities here. The company makes you feel important and goes out of the way to make you feel comfortable and enjoy coming to work. There are always activities and events to take part in.

ConsToo many things to learn. Not especially a downside, but there are a lot of products to support. You need to specialize.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. thanks for giving me a positive reason to get out of bed every morning.

Good place to work

Member of Technical Staff II (Current Employee)

I have been working at NetApp full-time for more than a year

ProsVery friendly people. Everyone is willing to help.

The top level management are doing a really good job at motivating employees and providing insight into the company's plans and future.

There is a lot of work planned, and the product road map looks good.

Employees get cash rewards for going above and beyond their work. I have seen rewards being given 3 times in my team this year.

ConsThe first level managers could do a better job at yearly performance reviews.

Fun place to work but still can't figure out how they're in the top 10 places

Human Resources (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at NetApp as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGood people, many with deep experience in storage. Lots of opportunities for new grads to those with 15+ years experience. Easy to transfer to other jobs once you work there.

ConsNot sure how the company always gets ranked in the top 10 places to work. It's not a bad place to work but doesn't have more to offer than other notable tech employers

Nice company, but low pay

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at NetApp full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNice work life balance. People are friendly.

ConsLow salary. Visibility is low.

It all depends on the management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NetApp full-time

ProsNetApp is one of those companies that sucks you in with a lot of perks such as a gym, quarterly beer bashes, and 3 cafes. It's a high profile company and has been rated in the top ten best places to work for about 5 years running.

ConsThe perks aren't free, they expect you to pay by being available all the time. The company is rated in the top 10 places to work because they offer employees an additional day off if they make it on the list. The company culture is a bit cold and people don't have much of a sense of team cohesiveness but untimately, I think it depends on your management. That is what really determines how you are going to do at a company. I had both good and bad management.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more transparency at the company. The employee reviews of managers was a good start but employees need some sort of recourse if they are not happy with their management.

Professional with focus on employee knowledge, respect, and flexibility workplace

Global Success Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at NetApp full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFlexible management structure with sensitivity to employee unique needs and ways to contribute to the company.

Consfast growing and difficult to sustain and adopt company culture in all places

Great place to work

I have been working at NetApp

ProsWell established processes
Friendly employees
Great facilities
Great work life balance

ConsDon't have any cons, I like working at NetApp

Great Place To Work

Summer Intern (Former Employee)
Wichita, KS

I worked at NetApp as an intern for less than a year

ProsNice people. Comfortable working environment. Competitive salary in Wichita.

ConsSeems to be the only big IT company in Wichita. No a good choice if you're seeking other opportunities.

Worked for NetApp? Contribute to the Community!

NetApp Videos

NetApp – Why Work for Us?

At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost. Our global setting highly values and fosters a healthy and happy work-life balance. Plus, our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NetApp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NetApp CEO Tom Georgens. All 173 reviews posted anonymously by NetApp employees.