NetCom Learning

Updated September 4, 2014
Updated September 4, 2014
3.7

Russell Sarder

Incredible culture and incredible people

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at NetCom Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- A diverse office which is great
    - A start-up culture which is open to new ideas and new technology
    - On the cutting edge of technology
    - Good work/life balance which is made an important priority for the company staff
    - Hard work is rewarded with lucrative bonuses

Cons

- Start-up culture can contribute to not all the processes being in place.

None at this time.

Diverse opportunities for advancement with challenging work and personal growth & learning

Current Employee - IT Manager
    Current Employee - IT Manager

I have been working at NetCom Learning full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Since the company is in the learning business, it encourages everyone to learn, take certifications and have a proper balance between professional and personal growth. Diverse culture of people, great teamwork from existing colleagues. Management is supportive, open to new ideas & opportunities and rewards hard work with good bonuses. 1/3 of the company is working remote so management is open to telecommuting and utilizes technologies to make everyone productive. Minimal politics, transparent management. Good working environment. CEO is not egocentric like many other small companies.

Cons

Ancillary benefits could be better but I'm sure management is working on it, it's a small company and resources are limited. Pay could be better, but I'm going to complain about that regardless of working at any other company!

Offer better long term benefits as resources expand.

The reviews are fake on here promoting Netcom

Current Employee - Learning Consultant [Sales]  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Learning Consultant [Sales] in New York, NY

I have been working at NetCom Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The people here that are exploited are honestly good people and that's the sad thing because the turnover here is unlike anything I have seen at another company.

Cons

The CEO is completely out of touch with reality because he talks about learning learning learning as a culture, but he has no practical STREET smarts. This is why since January here at Netcom Learning out of 34 employees 9 have already left. In three years time we have had roughly an average of 11 people leave EVERY year.

The Micromanagement here is awful beyond reality... It's so bad the micromanagement from an incompetent leadership (With the exception of only a few on the top) and the office morale is always low. The CEO pushes so hard to squeeze every bit out of employees, while theres no benefits or perks to speak of here. This is why so many people leave because beyond a complete lack of work-life balance there's no focus.

This company is going to go under in the long term and the CEO Russell Sarder hasn't a clue how to run an organization... It should be a cautionary red flag that there's no Human Resources department at Netcom Learning either...

No such thing as personal growth here... I'd say focus on nurturing your employees and being realistic in the goals but it would fall on deaf ears here...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's been a lifelong learning experience.

Current Employee - Accounting Administrator  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Accounting Administrator in New York, NY

I have been working at NetCom Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I like the people. They're all really intelligent and hardworking. I decided to join because I felt it would be challenging and I was not disappointed. We're a fast growing company and everyone is very qualified to perform their jobs. Netcom has really helped me to further myself as a person as well; I've become more confident in myself after working here.

Cons

At times, collecting payment from customers is very challenging, but that's to be expected. In addition I feel that additional training would benefit the employees even more.

Better employee training would be better. Other than that, nothing much.

A place with rapid growth and rapid expansion

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at NetCom Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Excellent leadership that is willing to try new things
    - A focus on rewarding success and fostering growth for each individual employee
    - Excellent tools and support to close sales and generate more business

Cons

- The company is rapidly growing so some things tend to get put on the back burner for the most pressing areas of the organization.

- Promotions from within can be a bit slow over time.

- Keep the structure of processes in place

Netcom Learning is on the rise

Current Employee - Accounting  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Accounting in New York, NY

I have been working at NetCom Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- State of the art technology ensures the best experience for customers
    - Good benefits package for employees
    - Good balance for work/life as the company wants to ensure that employees are able to create a good mix in their life. This is important as many organizations have forgotten this is key to employee productivity.

Cons

- There can be gaps on communication at times
    - None other I can think of immediately at this time

- Make sure to focus on internal growth as well as external employee growth.

A company that nurtures and fosters it's employees growth

Current Employee - Business Development  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development in New York, NY

I have been working at NetCom Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Interns and entry level people are truly nurtured to help understand the business world.
    - Free coffee and bagels every morning for the staff and people taking classes
    - Meetings and open collaboration are openly encouraged
    - Every aspect of the organization is built around the credo of lifelong learning
    - The balance between your work and personal life is respected and also encouraged which ensures employee productivity

Cons

Sometimes the focus of some projects becomes too abstract.
    Communication is encouraged but sometimes like any organization falls a bit short.

Nothing else at this current time

None at this time

An extensive lifelong learning experience. It has been a great experience. I've worked with a great team.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at NetCom Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had the privilege to be mentored by the best and it has been a great experience. I joined 3 yes ago because of the 10 values that the company promotes. It's what I like the most about the company as I truly believe in those 10 values. I also really love that NetCom is a cultural melting pot

Cons

Often projects take longer than needed to complete because the company needs to go through many layers. As a result productivity isn't optimal at times.

Nothing in particular.

I have grown into a person adapting to challenging situations

I have been working at NetCom Learning

Pros

What started off as an internship at the height of the financial crisis allowed me to show case my strong worth ethics and shoulder huge responsibilities. The training industry is relatively small and NetCom is one of the big players. The brand attracts some of the best pit there, especially the proven million dollar producers and there are huge opportunities for growth.

Cons

Not a big fan of high people turnover. The company is constantly proven wrong when they think they've got the "right" person. Though the brand name itself is very good, people management is a recurring task where new talent needs to be infused but with a stable leadership team.

I'm not a fan of high people turnover, as stated above. Efforts toward better people management and stable leadership might help improve the overall working quality here.

Fast, challenging, rewarding growth

I have been working at NetCom Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company's purpose is great. NetCom's values apply to everyone; learning for yourself is the same as loving yourself. At Netcom you learn to love for others too through helping others to learn. There are a lot of opportunities for growth and the work force is one of the most diverse I've seen yet.

Cons

There is a lot of hard c hallenging work but it's a good experience and rewarding.

Netcom has the potential to be more innovative. I'd like to see the company break away from the status quo, as that may be hindering its potential to grow.

Worked for NetCom Learning? Contribute to the Community!