NetCom Learning

www.netcomlearning.com

NetCom Learning Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Russell Sarder

Incredible culture and incredible people

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- A diverse office which is great
    - A start-up culture which is open to new ideas and new technology
    - On the cutting edge of technology
    - Good work/life balance which is made an important priority for the company staff
    - Hard work is rewarded with lucrative bonuses

Cons- Start-up culture can contribute to not all the processes being in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time.

It's been a lifelong learning experience.

Accounting Administrator (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI like the people. They're all really intelligent and hardworking. I decided to join because I felt it would be challenging and I was not disappointed. We're a fast growing company and everyone is very qualified to perform their jobs. Netcom has really helped me to further myself as a person as well; I've become more confident in myself after working here.

ConsAt times, collecting payment from customers is very challenging, but that's to be expected. In addition I feel that additional training would benefit the employees even more.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter employee training would be better. Other than that, nothing much.

A place with rapid growth and rapid expansion

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Excellent leadership that is willing to try new things
    - A focus on rewarding success and fostering growth for each individual employee
    - Excellent tools and support to close sales and generate more business

Cons- The company is rapidly growing so some things tend to get put on the back burner for the most pressing areas of the organization.

- Promotions from within can be a bit slow over time.

Advice to Senior Management- Keep the structure of processes in place

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Netcom Learning is on the rise

Accounting (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- State of the art technology ensures the best experience for customers
    - Good benefits package for employees
    - Good balance for work/life as the company wants to ensure that employees are able to create a good mix in their life. This is important as many organizations have forgotten this is key to employee productivity.

Cons- There can be gaps on communication at times
    - None other I can think of immediately at this time

Advice to Senior Management- Make sure to focus on internal growth as well as external employee growth.

A company that nurtures and fosters it's employees growth

Business Development (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Interns and entry level people are truly nurtured to help understand the business world.
    - Free coffee and bagels every morning for the staff and people taking classes
    - Meetings and open collaboration are openly encouraged
    - Every aspect of the organization is built around the credo of lifelong learning
    - The balance between your work and personal life is respected and also encouraged which ensures employee productivity

ConsSometimes the focus of some projects becomes too abstract.
    Communication is encouraged but sometimes like any organization falls a bit short.

Nothing else at this current time

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time

Diverse opportunities for advancement with challenging work and personal growth & learning

IT Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSince the company is in the learning business, it encourages everyone to learn, take certifications and have a proper balance between professional and personal growth. Diverse culture of people, great teamwork from existing colleagues. Management is supportive, open to new ideas & opportunities and rewards hard work with good bonuses. 1/3 of the company is working remote so management is open to telecommuting and utilizes technologies to make everyone productive. Minimal politics, transparent management. Good working environment. CEO is not egocentric like many other small companies.

ConsAncillary benefits could be better but I'm sure management is working on it, it's a small company and resources are limited. Pay could be better, but I'm going to complain about that regardless of working at any other company!

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better long term benefits as resources expand.

An extensive lifelong learning experience. It has been a great experience. I've worked with a great team.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI had the privilege to be mentored by the best and it has been a great experience. I joined 3 yes ago because of the 10 values that the company promotes. It's what I like the most about the company as I truly believe in those 10 values. I also really love that NetCom is a cultural melting pot

ConsOften projects take longer than needed to complete because the company needs to go through many layers. As a result productivity isn't optimal at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing in particular.

I have grown into a person adapting to challenging situations

ProsWhat started off as an internship at the height of the financial crisis allowed me to show case my strong worth ethics and shoulder huge responsibilities. The training industry is relatively small and NetCom is one of the big players. The brand attracts some of the best pit there, especially the proven million dollar producers and there are huge opportunities for growth.

ConsNot a big fan of high people turnover. The company is constantly proven wrong when they think they've got the "right" person. Though the brand name itself is very good, people management is a recurring task where new talent needs to be infused but with a stable leadership team.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm not a fan of high people turnover, as stated above. Efforts toward better people management and stable leadership might help improve the overall working quality here.

Fast, challenging, rewarding growth

ProsThe company's purpose is great. NetCom's values apply to everyone; learning for yourself is the same as loving yourself. At Netcom you learn to love for others too through helping others to learn. There are a lot of opportunities for growth and the work force is one of the most diverse I've seen yet.

ConsThere is a lot of hard c hallenging work but it's a good experience and rewarding.

Advice to Senior ManagementNetcom has the potential to be more innovative. I'd like to see the company break away from the status quo, as that may be hindering its potential to grow.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Challenging but rewarding

CMO (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI work with intelligent, hardworking people. The work culture and company has contributed to my growth. NetCom Learning pushes us to do challenging jobs and you are accountable of your work, but it is all worth it.

ConsThere are times where work can be challenging, but ultimately is worth the hard work.

Worked for NetCom Learning? Contribute to the Community!