NetCracker Technology

Updated December 13, 2014
3.6

NetCracker Technology President and CEO Andrew Feinberg
Andrew Feinberg

Pros
  • Strong market player and a holder of Telekom/BSS/OSS expertise knowledge (in 14 reviews)

• Work Culture : Mostly inherited from erstwhile Convergys IM, hence good (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance was non-existent and appeared to be of no concern to the company (in 9 reviews)

• No focus on employee development or his career growth (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

"Best-seller" among experience-seekers

Current Employee - QA/Business Analyst
    Current Employee - QA/Business Analyst

I have been working at NetCracker Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been working for NetCracker for just a year but already can convincingly claim it gave me significant technical knowledge boost. It is not only due to strong corporate personal development system, supplying with various kinds of trainings and compiled materials, but also thanks to people-oriented management, respectful to employees, and supportive colleagues. Honestly, without fantastic team of overachievers we had slim chances to fulfill Japanese project with demanded zero-level bug quality. Since field of System Integration interacts with wide-range of technologies, it makes my expertise to expand daily to meet job criteria.
    Remarkable, Company suggests a highly branched career opportunity tree, so, I guess, everyone can be offered suitable (including non-technical) position options whether candidate is just graduated or already gained some background.
    Speaking about work flow aspects, I could say that every customer is treated individually; approaches and procedures get adjusted to make collaborative work as much efficient as possible. Up to me, working closely with international customers brings positive results because of getting constant valuable feedbacks. It encourages and motivates when your efforts are highly rated and appreciated.
    I would strongly recommend joining NetCracker if you are looking for new ways of speeding up your experience and career potential growing. Successful developing and independent deploying of its own product, by my opinion, enables NC to grow, evolve and keep staying undefeated on competitor market.

Cons

Working on project, be as ready as you can for anything can happen at any time

No job security

Current Employee - Sales Support in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Boston, MA

I have been working at NetCracker Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They pay well. It is the only way they keep employees. many have said that they would leave if not for the money. Company is growing fast. They have become a body shop mostly.

Cons

Ultra high pressure and very political. Lots of back stabbing.
    Not much in terms on value. Pulling as much money from customers as possible

Stop playing one off against the other

Unstable environment / Leadership Team Lacking

I worked at NetCracker Technology (less than an year)

Pros

Location, Casual Office, Room for expansion in building, Training offered for sales people

Cons

Leadership Team, Poor Benefits, Very outdated office space

Not worth it!

I worked at NetCracker Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart co-workers, competitive pay and benefits, extensive travel (if you like traveling that much), met nice people there.

Cons

No leadership direction, very secretive, disorganized, very limited room for professional advancement. DO NOT make future plans counting on this company as you are very likely to be let go, with no notice, and even when your year-end review (which by the way is a joke!!!) says you have met and or exceeded expectations, and you actually get a raise!!! What? Yes, if they find a cheaper resource that can do your job, or someone who is willing to play their game, you will be fired. I received information about my bonus via email prior to sitting down with my supervisor to discuss my year-end review, and actually never got to sit down with him... High turnover!!! People come and go like public bathrooms. Very arrogant leadership, ruthless sales organization, unethical from top to bottom, they only care about closing deals, no matter what measures, and the way to build relationships with customers are probably a cause for imprisonment in many countries... I would keep going, but not worth my time! Thanks for firing me!!!

Not worth it, they are so arrogant they would not listen... They believe in their hearts, if they actually have one, that they run the best OSS/BSS company in the world, and that they can teach others how to do business. Just remember this, there is nothing hidden under the sun, and you too will fall one day unless NEC takes over completely!!

Horrible experience.

I worked at NetCracker Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fairly competitive pay, other than that there really is no pro to this company people only care about themselves and money.

Cons

No one cares for you and it's a very lonely place. Not worth your time. If you are a new grad and not going into sales engineering I would say run for the door. They only care to properly train their sales engineers. This is a cutthroat company and no one will have your back, you will ultimately be dissatisfied with your time at this company. Wasn't there for very long and saw A LOT of people come and go

Nothing said would ever be considered, so there is no point in even trying.

The company has been very informative when decisions in the work place come about.

Current Employee - Analyst Associate in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Analyst Associate in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at NetCracker Technology full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good and fair company to work for.

Cons

There is always room for improvement in communications

Business Analyst

I worked at NetCracker Technology full-time

Pros

The company had extremely good training for its new recruits. It made a massive difference for me when going to find and do other jobs. So I was extremely happy with that.

Cons

When you are assigned to a client, often times the project is moving extremely slow and the obligations do not fill a 40 hour work week.

Learn to manage projects better by truly understanding the resource needs and engagement properly.

Not the best company

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at NetCracker Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a job that pays the bills.

Cons

Pay is low, very black and white rules, people are not thought of anything other than resources, very little movement to improve position, absolutely no training of any kind is offered, no bonus structure to speak of, employee evaluation is a joke. Very cold environment. Overall...I would not recommend unless desperate.

Wouldn't even know where to begin and would fall in deaf ears.

Implementation Engineer

Former Employee - Implementation Engineer in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Implementation Engineer in Waltham, MA

I worked at NetCracker Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities to work with customers all over the world.

Cons

Every department in this company takes a back seat to Sales. Sales reps will promise anything the customer can dream up and more, then the software team is left holding the ball after they leave. Customers projects can and do last for years. It's very likely that the first project you're put on will be the only one you work on for your entire tenure.

You have a great product already, stop trying to make it what it isn't for a quick buck.

You are on your own

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

I worked at NetCracker Technology full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Telecommunications experience and solid customers

Cons

Management is completely uninterested in their employees. You do any job or task that is placed in front of you, work 50+ hours a week and management excepts it but does not recognize it. It you don't then you will be let go. US employees are regularly let go since Russian and India employees are preferred.

If you want to support US clients you should 1. Hire some more US resources, 2. Stop firing employees who have experience with your legacy systems....which is what you Tier1 and Tier 2 clients still have and figure out how to keep the remaining employees that have telecommunications or client experience.

NetCracker Technology Photos