NetCracker Technology

Updated September 25, 2014
3.7

NetCracker Technology President and CEO Andrew Feinberg
Andrew Feinberg

Pros
  • Strong market player and a holder of Telekom/BSS/OSS expertise knowledge (in 14 reviews)

• Work Culture : Mostly inherited from erstwhile Convergys IM, hence good (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance was non-existent and appeared to be of no concern to the company (in 9 reviews)

• Those who stay long term in the company see the career growth slows down (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

"Best-seller" among experience-seekers

Current Employee - QA/Business Analyst
    Current Employee - QA/Business Analyst

I have been working at NetCracker Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working for NetCracker for just a year but already can convincingly claim it gave me significant technical knowledge boost. It is not only due to strong corporate personal development system, supplying with various kinds of trainings and compiled materials, but also thanks to people-oriented management, respectful to employees, and supportive colleagues. Honestly, without fantastic team of overachievers we had slim chances to fulfill Japanese project with demanded zero-level bug quality. Since field of System Integration interacts with wide-range of technologies, it makes my expertise to expand daily to meet job criteria.
    Remarkable, Company suggests a highly branched career opportunity tree, so, I guess, everyone can be offered suitable (including non-technical) position options whether candidate is just graduated or already gained some background.
    Speaking about work flow aspects, I could say that every customer is treated individually; approaches and procedures get adjusted to make collaborative work as much efficient as possible. Up to me, working closely with international customers brings positive results because of getting constant valuable feedbacks. It encourages and motivates when your efforts are highly rated and appreciated.
    I would strongly recommend joining NetCracker if you are looking for new ways of speeding up your experience and career potential growing. Successful developing and independent deploying of its own product, by my opinion, enables NC to grow, evolve and keep staying undefeated on competitor market.

Cons

Working on project, be as ready as you can for anything can happen at any time

Great place to work

Current Employee - Technical Translator  in  Nizhniy Novgorod (Russia)
    Current Employee - Technical Translator in Nizhniy Novgorod (Russia)

I have been working at NetCracker Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people and very friendly environment: if you can ask for help any colleague and they will help you, even if you are not on the same project. A lot of attention is paid in the company to physical and psychological comfort of the employees and their development. Good comprehensive trainings, including trainings for newcomers.

The company has lots of different projects, so there are always opportunities to learn new things and get new experience; you have even the possibility to move to another project, if you not like at all the job you do on your current project.
    Work/life balance is maybe a bit not as perfect as you would love it to be. Overtime occurs, but you are not obliged to work, if you do not want to.

The salary is also very-very nice: the company has money and if you have skills and experience – they will be paid accordingly. Overtime is paid in double.

In general, it is a great place to spend 40 hours/week.

Cons

Trips may be a problem for some people. Otherwise, no big drawbacks to mention – personally, I managed to solve all the problems I had by talking to my managers or HR people.

Do not spoil the good things that exist now.

Good job

I have been working at NetCracker Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Convenient office location.
    Nice friendly colleagues.
    Large-scale projects.

Cons

Hard to find. For me it's probably 22-inch monitor. I would like to work for a 27 inch. But this is nitpicking.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is what you make it

I have been working at NetCracker Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay
    Dynamic environment - never boring
    Challenging in a good way

Cons

Not for people with thin skin
    Management expects the best - so there is a lot of pressure to be a top performer

Great challenge and new opportunities for my career development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kiev (Ukraine)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kiev (Ukraine)

I have been working at NetCracker Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart and talented people (at least around me)
    Acceptable salary
    Flexible timeschedule

Cons

Some processes are not working well (looks like the company is still in self development phase)
    Lack of human resources

Continue with new areas development (like you are doing with BSS)
    Optimize the processes to avoid stuck in processes

More than 3 years in the company: from junior software engineer to technical support manager

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst
    Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst

I have been working at NetCracker Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of international business trips.
    'Young employees' company: open-minded colleagues, cheerful communication, absence of conservative traditions, annual outings and NY parties
    A lot of opportunities to find your way based on your skills.
    Quick growth for hard-working and thinking employees.
    Periodical growth of salary encouraging your professional growth.

Cons

Prolonged working hours in case of some 'project emergencies'
    Expect 24 hours a day availability if you're manager.

Good company

I have been working at NetCracker Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good working conditions, a good team, trainings, part time

Cons

Low salary, no Parking :))

Business Growth Always Key Focus

Current Employee - Project Manager II  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager II in Orlando, FL

I have been working at NetCracker Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Highly dedicated teams of resources, both seasoned and "new" to NetCracker family. Key driver is on business growth and teams can feel the surge of work associated to this growth. Expectations are high - - of the areas of development, the deliveries, and the quality. Innovation is expected down to the individual contributor level. Company is proponent of self-motivation; just as expectations are high for business, they are just as high for individuals.

Cons

NetCracker is constant proponent of employees making their own career path and there is pressure to be "on" 24hrs/day in order to connect with all possible stakeholders, so the work-life balance is jeopardized for employees not dedicated to their own life-balance. Some additional challenges are lack of planning = perceived emergency (sales makes the promises... others have to deliver!). Scaling (rapid growth of company) has perhaps made this difficult to keep up with as we storm-and-norm teams together.

Be supportive of cultural diversity education!! Work approaches between US, India, Russia, Ukraine and cultural diversity vary greatly -- need to support and respect and understand one another - company should provide cultural education to ensure we all work neatly together, both within the company and between our company locations and company's customer locations.

Increase internal resources for communications (e.g., HR, infrastructure information should be shared and known repositories for information).

Support and recognition should continue for ALL types of employees (not just traveling customer-facing teams, but all levels of contributors).

A great place to work

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at NetCracker Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very strong product and service offerings, coupled with best-in-industry delivery, allows NetCracker to solve all customer OSS/BSS needs. Strong partnership with NEC allows for cross-selling NEC’s strong network hardware portfolio. Leadership has very high expectations and focus is on the customer. It is a dynamic work environment with many growth opportunities. NetCracker is the best place to work in the OSS/BSS industry.

Cons

Sometimes work/life balance can be impacted by rigorous work schedule and travel. Due to management’s high expectations, turnover is higher than at other companies in the industry. Upside, this allows us to work with only the very best.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Company is loyal to employees, happy to work here!

I have been working at NetCracker Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

International company - you have an opportunity of business trips to almost every place in the world! The team is very professional and always ready to help. I really like the company and people working here!

Cons

Salary is not very high but it depends on your skills still...

NetCracker Technology Photos

Worked for NetCracker Technology? Contribute to the Community!