NetCracker Technology

NetCracker Technology Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

NetCracker Technology President and CEO Andrew Feinberg

Andrew Feinberg

Pros
  • Strong market player and a holder of Telekom/BSS/OSS expertise knowledge(in 14 reviews)

• Work Culture : Mostly inherited from erstwhile Convergys IM, hence good(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance was non-existent and appeared to be of no concern to the company(in 9 reviews)

• Those who stay long term in the company see the career growth slows down(in 6 reviews)

Good job

ProsConvenient office location.
    Nice friendly colleagues.
    Large-scale projects.

ConsHard to find. For me it's probably 22-inch monitor. I would like to work for a 27 inch. But this is nitpicking.

It is what you make it

ProsGood pay
    Dynamic environment - never boring
    Challenging in a good way

ConsNot for people with thin skin
    Management expects the best - so there is a lot of pressure to be a top performer

Great challenge and new opportunities for my career development

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kiev (Ukraine)

ProsSmart and talented people (at least around me)
    Acceptable salary
    Flexible timeschedule

ConsSome processes are not working well (looks like the company is still in self development phase)
    Lack of human resources

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with new areas development (like you are doing with BSS)
    Optimize the processes to avoid stuck in processes

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

More than 3 years in the company: from junior software engineer to technical support manager

Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsA lot of international business trips.
    'Young employees' company: open-minded colleagues, cheerful communication, absence of conservative traditions, annual outings and NY parties
    A lot of opportunities to find your way based on your skills.
    Quick growth for hard-working and thinking employees.
    Periodical growth of salary encouraging your professional growth.

ConsProlonged working hours in case of some 'project emergencies'
    Expect 24 hours a day availability if you're manager.

Good company

ProsGood working conditions, a good team, trainings, part time

ConsLow salary, no Parking :))

Business Growth Always Key Focus

Project Manager II (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsHighly dedicated teams of resources, both seasoned and "new" to NetCracker family. Key driver is on business growth and teams can feel the surge of work associated to this growth. Expectations are high - - of the areas of development, the deliveries, and the quality. Innovation is expected down to the individual contributor level. Company is proponent of self-motivation; just as expectations are high for business, they are just as high for individuals.

ConsNetCracker is constant proponent of employees making their own career path and there is pressure to be "on" 24hrs/day in order to connect with all possible stakeholders, so the work-life balance is jeopardized for employees not dedicated to their own life-balance. Some additional challenges are lack of planning = perceived emergency (sales makes the promises... others have to deliver!). Scaling (rapid growth of company) has perhaps made this difficult to keep up with as we storm-and-norm teams together.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe supportive of cultural diversity education!! Work approaches between US, India, Russia, Ukraine and cultural diversity vary greatly -- need to support and respect and understand one another - company should provide cultural education to ensure we all work neatly together, both within the company and between our company locations and company's customer locations.

Increase internal resources for communications (e.g., HR, infrastructure information should be shared and known repositories for information).

Support and recognition should continue for ALL types of employees (not just traveling customer-facing teams, but all levels of contributors).

A great place to work

Account Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsVery strong product and service offerings, coupled with best-in-industry delivery, allows NetCracker to solve all customer OSS/BSS needs. Strong partnership with NEC allows for cross-selling NEC’s strong network hardware portfolio. Leadership has very high expectations and focus is on the customer. It is a dynamic work environment with many growth opportunities. NetCracker is the best place to work in the OSS/BSS industry.

ConsSometimes work/life balance can be impacted by rigorous work schedule and travel. Due to management’s high expectations, turnover is higher than at other companies in the industry. Upside, this allows us to work with only the very best.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Company is loyal to employees, happy to work here!

ProsInternational company - you have an opportunity of business trips to almost every place in the world! The team is very professional and always ready to help. I really like the company and people working here!

ConsSalary is not very high but it depends on your skills still...

A good place to work in Telecom Domain

Technical Consultant (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsNetCracker is a good place to work in Telecom domain BSS and OSS side. Employees are not restricted to work in single area. They are open work in multiple areas very few companies give this opportunity. Employees get more opportunity to work at client site to understand the Client business and implement in the product.

ConsIn R&D they spend less budget which restricts new ideas to be implemented in the product.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould work towards a global company and give equal opportunities to the employees located in all the location

A company with great opportunities to Excel and Grow in Career

QA Manager (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsI am going to complete 10 Years with NetCracker. It just tells how best the work culture is. The growth, opportunities and best work culture @NetCracker makes you not to think much about other opportunities.

Other highlights -
    a. Flexible and great work culture
    b. Pay for performance which is the one of the best way to recognize employee talent/skills
    c. A Friendly atmosphere and very helping nature among employees
    d. It is not just work, lot of fun (@ sports/cultural/diversity activities). It is up to you to take some time out from your regular work
    e. Many opportunities with many challenging and exciting roles in NC Telecom Domain (OSS/BSS world). It is up to you how much you grab!!!

Cons- Many projects run in stringent timelines due to pressing client business needs, hence there are more chances of staying for long hours @work. In such cases, balance between work and personal life is required for the employee. Some times, employee end up long hours at work based on my personal experience.

Advice to Senior Management- Recognition of long tenure employees for their commitment to organization.
    - Retaining of best talent (especially experience between 2-6 Years) is required as lot of effort is put in to bring them to such levels.

Worked for NetCracker Technology? Contribute to the Community!