NetImpact Strategies

1. Supportive and positive company

Current Employee - Project Analyst
    Current Employee - Project Analyst

I have been working at NetImpact Strategies

Pros

NetImpact Strategies is a small company that actively supports training and development of its workers skills. It encourages employees taking the initiative in self--development.
    The company fosters a close working environment among its employees despite work locations being dispersed across the DC area.

Cons

There is some expectation of after hours work in support of the company itself, however its not required.

2. Quality from top-down

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at NetImpact Strategies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NetImpact places great emphasis on quality -- What value are we delivering to the client? What value do we receive as employees? With that in mind, it is a company which doesn't believe in "busy-work," misalignment of work, or "bad work." Employees are encouraged to refine their skills, to pursue the learning opportunities they desire, and to communicate what they need. Their maxim is simple: you decide what you want to do with your career, your express it, and your management provides you the resources to get there. The supportive environment which celebrates personal successes and ambitions was very refreshing from some of the other firms (large, small, and mid-size) that I've worked for. I’m such a fan of the talented people I’ve worked with and the warm company culture that I’ve turned down multiple job prospects in the last year – losing the care and support just wasn’t worth the money.

Cons

As NetImpact works hard to continue its growth trend, there is plenty to do. We've fixed a lot of our internal processes in the past year, which has made us a lot more efficient. But there is plenty of work left to be done as we evolve, and sometimes there is just not enough people.

Advice to Management

- Continue to assess the firm and seek improvements
    - Never stop caring about your employees as individuals
    - Conduct a lot more internal branding and team morale building activities

3. Growth Opportunities

Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at NetImpact Strategies full-time

Pros

Plenty of growth opportunities for those who work hard and invest in the company's growth. I got 3 promotions in last 5 years.

Cons

Too much to do, too little time. Lots of good ideas that stretch our bandwidth. Have to prioritize and tackle the most valued added ones first.

Advice to Management

Love the recent training and exposure to new technologies. Please continue that approach.

5. Supportive work environment with opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at NetImpact Strategies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NetImpact offers work life balance and comprehensive benefits package that exceeds what I have received previously from larger companies. There is variety of opportunities to engage and learn about the various aspects of the business. Friendly co-workers make it fun to be at work everyday.

Cons

Client work environments are sometime stressful and beyond the control of the company.

Advice to Management

Think of ways to keep the same small company culture as we continue to grow.

6. Small Company Offering Great Opportunities for Your Professional Growth

I have been working at NetImpact Strategies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked a number of places and can honestly say this small company really believes in its people. When hiring, they take time to match the right people with the right opportunity and offer support and training to ensure success. Even though the company is growing at a rapid pace, the leadership takes the time to develop strong relationships with every employee - to understand their personal and professional goals. The company promotes from within whenever possible - always looking to find those folks who want to take on greater responsibility and play a role in developing and growing the company.

Cons

Rapid company growth can create a challenging environment – you may be contributing to a number of projects so multitasking, flexibility, a sense of humor and prioritization skills are a must!

7. Difficult CEO and employees

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at NetImpact Strategies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO is smart. She works hard for the company. The pros for me is that I got to learn how to not treat people. Smiling, caring for the individual, listening to employees, not jumping down people's throats is the best way to have a stable company. These are qualities that no employees at NetImpact seem to have. Envision the Kardashian's with attitude and no money. Trashy, that's the personality type that works there.

Cons

The employees are cut throat. I saw them make my team lead fail because that person was not the 'popular' sort. They don't help each other. They pick favorites and listen to them instead of the client or others who are smart and know what they are doing. They don't know what standard operating procedures or policies are. If some one who does know but is not popular (think high school mean girls) but knows how to develop one of these documents, the employees won't listen and will turn in crap to the client.

Advice to Management

Learn to care about people. Give up the control. Be nice.

8. Small Company Readying Itself for Big Things

I have been working at NetImpact Strategies

Pros

NetImpact has a great team of smart people who are dedicated to providing exceptional service to its clients. It is nice to be surrounded by people who you can constantly learn from.

Leadership is committed to the professional growth of its staff and has introduced internal study groups to prepare for the PMP. On a weekly basis, the group, led by a certified NetImpact instructor, meets and studies together. All materials are supplied by NetImpact.

Parking and metro expenses are paid for and a contribution is made to my 401K regardless if I choose to contribute.

Cons

There are a few growing pains that generally come with a small company growing, but nothing that would ever discount the benefits that come from working for a small company.

9. Small company that is working hard to grow.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at NetImpact Strategies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Talented co-workers.
    Paid parking at the Arlington facility.
    Generous salary.
    Excellent HR staff.
    Talented, driven CEO.
    Generous 401k contribution.

Cons

Employees are paid monthy.
    Company pays for all health care costs but the policy has a higher deductible.
    Corporate 'office' space is at a metroffice.com facility in Arlington - space is cramped and privacy is minimal (good for extroverts, not so good for introverts).
    Small company that is dependant on its utilization rate being high - employees are asked to make up hours that are taken off.

NetImpact Strategies Response

Mar 17, 2014President

We thank you for posting and your feedback. This kind of feedback from current and former employees helps us to continuously improve. We are getting new office space shortly – do come by and visit ... More

10. Small Company with Big Company Results

I have been working at NetImpact Strategies full-time

Pros

I have worked with NetImpact Strategies for 18 months and continue to impressed with the quality of the staff and the high quality work delivery. The management team is some of the fairest individuals I have worked with and I am confident that they care about not just my career, but my work life balance.

Cons

NetImpact is poised to grow. There is considerable opportunity, but the right people to support the growth need to be identified.

11. Great Company!

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at NetImpact Strategies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Takes an honest interest in the lives of employees and is genuinely concerned with your professional growth. Loads of room for growth from within and does not hesitate to recognize and reward quality work. Company wants you to successful, wants to promote you, actively pushes you to expand your knowledge and encourages continuing education.

Cons

Majority of work is government contracts which present their own unique challenges.

Advice to Management

Continue building company culture and standardization across the company

RSS Feed </> Embed